PDA

View Full Version : Blood angels super heavy tank

flying land raider
08-02-2014, 18:22
Hello all I've recently been notified of an apoc game at my local games workshop, and I was wondering what type of super heavy tank to take for my blood angels. The game is 3000 points each and I'm completely lost for ideas. I already know that most of my mates are using infantry along with a super heavy each. So I'm looking for something that can turn infantry into mince.

also has anyone got any ideas for the aesthetics of a blood angels tank eg. Huge mural to the big E or the primarch.

Thanks everyone.

-B

Camman1984
08-02-2014, 18:32
If you want to mince infantry, the vulcan mega bolter armed baneblade tanks are awesome if it doesnt move its 30 str 5 ap 3 shots.

If you want a space marine super heavy take a fellblade.

The open topped superheavy thats name escapes me could be useful for an assaulty army like blood angels

Saunders
08-02-2014, 18:35
There are a number of variants for the IG baneblade that are high on infantry-munching capability but relatively low on cost (compared to other super-heavies). You've got quite the opportunity to paint Blood Angel iconography on one, as well. I recall seeing a few others dressed up in such a fashion.

agurus1
08-02-2014, 18:48
I agree with Camman1984, best route for you if you want a BLOOD ANGELS superheavy, and not simply a requisitioned or allied IG vehicle, you should get a Fellblade Super-heavy Tank, or something along those lines, a Super-heavy designed for use with the Space Marines (Fellblade, Typhon, Glaive… ect…)

flying land raider
08-02-2014, 19:12
Thanks for the replies people. I didn't even know that space marines had super heavy tanks, I just thought that you had to ally guard with them.

Yet again thank you

agurus1
08-02-2014, 19:57
Thanks for the replies people. I didn't even know that space marines had super heavy tanks, I just thought that you had to ally guard with them.

Yet again thank you

yeah the superheavy tanks for Space Marines are awesome because… well… THEY ARE BS 4!!!! lol but other than that they look awesome too and fit the fluff.

Scorvus
08-02-2014, 20:00
I'm sure the Blood Angels bestest friends the Necrons would probaly loan them a Super Heavy. :)

flying land raider
08-02-2014, 20:09
I've decided that I'm going to convert a baneblade into a fellblade. The Forge world model for a fellblade looks amazing but it's just way to expensive.