PDA

View Full Version : The Very Best of White Dwarf

Eternus
10-02-2014, 16:09
Ok, with all the discussion about the changes to White Dwarf, and all the comments about how it used to be so much better, here's a fun little 'put your money where your mouth is' thread...

...What's the one article/series of articles/battle report you remember most fondly from White Dwarf - ever?

I'm torn between the Storm of Chaos Coverage, and the Third War for Armageddon - either way, it's got to be one of the big Global Campaigns - though the Gathering of Might battle report is a mighty tempting option too...

how about you?

Typo
10-02-2014, 17:08
Hands down, the first Tale of Four Gamers run of articles from the late nineties (I think? Might have been early 00's?)

nosebiter
10-02-2014, 17:16
Yes, that was epic.

ObiWayneKenobi
10-02-2014, 17:32
The Original Tale of Four Gamers, Stillmania: Questing for the Grail (Nigel Stillman's series on creating a Bretonnian army, including modeling/painting/collecting tips), I forget the name but the series from Mike Walker about his gaming group/league in his basement (or was it his garage?)

Basically I liked any article that was written by someone from the perspective of a regular gamer and not the studio shilling the latest toy to come out.

Wintermute
10-02-2014, 18:15
We don't need any more threads about White Dwarf

Thread Closed

Wintermute