PDA

View Full Version : You have 150 point Warband... what do you take?

Archon of Death
10-02-2014, 20:11
Rules
Core only
Only one unit Champion may be taken (this is your general)
Any unit may have a Standard Bearer and/or a Musician
No magic items
No magic
Each unit must contain 3 or more wounds worth of models unless they would normally require fewer
Cavalry count as 2 wounds for this total

daftpunkevo
10-02-2014, 20:21
Deamons or Dark Riders.

Sexiest_hero
10-02-2014, 20:48
anything I thing is cool. At that point level it's just about fun. I'd go with direwolves and a Doom hound!

Wesser
10-02-2014, 20:52
I'd go with Wood Elf Scouts or Dryads

Brother Haephestus
10-02-2014, 21:05
50-ish gnoblars. The standard bearer is flying an ogrish-sized pair of tightie-whities. Upgrade with trappers. The 'WTF!?' From my opponents would be worth every loss!

Competitively, I'd most likely go daemons, and in that case pink horrors. This gives me access to the magic phase and grants me access to a potentially larger army as the game progresses. Here, let me add a new unit of Bloodletters ....

SteveW
10-02-2014, 21:05
Skinks, 20 or so.

GrudgeBringer
10-02-2014, 21:46
Daemons would be rediculous in a game like that, the reign of chaos table could potentially wipe out your opponents entire army in turn 1 without you even moving. You could of course skip it along with the magic phase unless someone took horrors.

Archon of Death
10-02-2014, 22:58
Oh, yeah... I'll edit that. Forgot the no magic bit, lol. This is how I'm introducing my friends to warhammer, that way at 600 points we'll have little armies and at 800 I'll have them hooked like it's crack. Their only reason for not picking up 40k or Fantasy is the immense "cost to start", when in reality it's very low if you can play with your little army, instead of waiting a century to build something 2k

Dark Aly
11-02-2014, 09:26
savage orc arrer boy biguns

SpanielBear
11-02-2014, 14:31
2 Glade riders

1 Lord's Bowman

3 Glade Guard

4 Dryads

Alltaken
11-02-2014, 15:49
13 quarrelers and castle :p
Really core heavy cav should win

From my servoskull

dementian
11-02-2014, 18:32
11 Giant rats with packmaster and Skweel Gnawtooth!

Or..75 Skavenslaves?

Archon of Death
11-02-2014, 19:26
I seriously hope one of my friends decides to get 73 skaven slaves and a Paw Leader. He'd decimate everyone.

Agoz
12-02-2014, 05:06
I seriously hope one of my friends decides to get 73 skaven slaves and a Paw Leader. He'd decimate everyone.

With a ld 5 at max without a character, I doubt they'd last past the first two rounds of combat.

As for myself, I'd go ahead and take 3 ironguts, all in seperate units, 1 of which would be a champion.

Skywave
12-02-2014, 06:37
For Tomb Kings;

1 Chariot - champion
1 Chariot
5 Archers

daftpunkevo
12-02-2014, 06:38

How can you even hope win anything with that ?

Rousse
12-02-2014, 17:57
10 naked chaos warriors with a champion is exactly 150 and probably next to impossible to beat head on. Not a good way to learn the game though.

dms505
12-02-2014, 18:45
10 DE Darkshards with shields, Standard, Champ

or

16 skink cohorts, shields
10 Skink skirmishers

popisdead
12-02-2014, 23:41
10 Glade Guard.

badguyshaveallthefun
13-02-2014, 00:55
Thing is I don't dread head on fights in that small of a game, it's the multiple skirmishing units that circle you and pew pew you to death, without getting to charge at all. At that points level there's too much board so you can't clog up the movement lanes, and you have no support to deal with them. My Chaos Warriors would lose to things like skinks and fast calvary with ranged weapons, given time.

So along that note, I would field around 8 marauder horsemen with throwing axes, shields, and maybe a musician, and if I could squeeze it in (book is at home) spears.

It would do okay against the aforementioned blocks, but anyone with decent shooting would eliminate them quickly.

NagashLover
13-02-2014, 03:11
Zombies. Lots and lots of zombies. Then I request my opponent takes a few Hero choices and sticks them on/in/near a house in the center of the board requiring multiple objectives such as having to go to a nearby barn to try and get steam/fuel for a Steam Tank.

At the end, even if they survive the survivor ends up getting shot by a group of High Elves mistaking them/him/her for zombies.

In death...only Nagash wins.

Otherwise, probably skellies.

dementian
13-02-2014, 05:19
Ha. I hadn't noticed it could be more than one unit!

4 x 5 Giant Rats with 1 packmaster

1 x 8 Giant Rats with Master Moulder (Pied Piper?)

Lord Solar Plexus
13-02-2014, 08:04
Wow, what a bunch of WAAC powergamers. Seriously, how young are you that you're first impulse is to rofllol spam one type of model and think that is cool?

SpanielBear
14-02-2014, 22:20
Zombies. Lots and lots of zombies. Then I request my opponent takes a few Hero choices and sticks them on/in/near a house in the center of the board requiring multiple objectives such as having to go to a nearby barn to try and get steam/fuel for a Steam Tank.

At the end, even if they survive the survivor ends up getting shot by a group of High Elves mistaking them/him/her for zombies.

This... Actually sounds quite fun.

meowser
14-02-2014, 22:34
6 dark riders, shields rxb fc

thormon
14-02-2014, 22:54
With a ld 5 at max without a character, I doubt they'd last past the first two rounds of combat.
Meh, Strength in Numbers really does the trick here. They'll be Ld8 all the time.

Myster2
14-02-2014, 23:48
1 cannon. Dwarf style (common there has to be a way to make them core?)

Archon of Death
15-02-2014, 02:30

My friend was debating between Elves and VC, I told him woodies are coming in like may so he decided to hold off on Elves to check them out, then he ordered a box of zombies, wolves, and a 5er of skeletons. Sooooo we may have to do this

Lord Dan
15-02-2014, 03:12
How can you even hope win anything with that ?

Actually, if you broke them up into 25-man blocks it could do rather well. There's just far too many models for a typical 150-point list to deal with, and if you ran them wide even fast cavalry would eventually get steamrolled.

Personally, I'd go with a min unit of Clanrats with an attached Warpfire Thrower. I think it comes out to 155 points, but who's counting? :p

NagashLover
15-02-2014, 03:35
This... Actually sounds quite fun.

My friend was debating between Elves and VC, I told him woodies are coming in like may so he decided to hold off on Elves to check them out, then he ordered a box of zombies, wolves, and a 5er of skeletons. Sooooo we may have to do this

Haha.

Right on.

I was mostly messing around and referencing a certain movie (didn't want to spoil it for anyone in case they hadn't seen it) but as I was typing it I was like "you know...we need to do this". Glad to see others see some value in it as well. Could work on a simple "do this objective but you have a turn limit to put pressure on you" or one that has moving objectives of a sorts where if they failed getting the Steam Tank up and running and leaving town, another objective can pop up (come up with 6 extra objectives and roll a D6 or some other model of figuring out what they need to do) that they would need to accomplish.

We tend to use movies or books for a lot of our games recently to break up our typical games. Looks like I'll be adding this one to our list.

Archon of Death
15-02-2014, 04:12
Do characters from numerous armies with numerous players, then like double their points in zombies

Morrslieb
15-02-2014, 07:52
15 Night gobbos with shortbows
15 Night gobbos with shortbows
20 Night gobbos with hw&shield

Eddiethehott
16-02-2014, 14:31
75 clan rat slaves