PDA

View Full Version : First Night Goblin List 500 Points

Ogres&OrksFTW
10-02-2014, 21:25
This is my first Orcs and Goblins list and after lots of debating I decided to play NightGoblins. Here's the list I came up with:

Doom Diver
5 Spider Riders w/Bows and Musician
20 Night Goblins w/Spear&Shields and Full Command & Netters
20 Night Goblins w/Spear&Shields and Full Command & Netters
3 Night Goblin Fanatics (1 to 1 squad and 2 to the other)

Im not sure wether to get 1 squad of 30ish NG and then add in a NG Big Boss or to keep or this way. All advice accepted!!

PS not tryin to go for a competitive list just something that's fun to play but I would be going up against Skaven most of the time and would like some advice on how to make this list more Anti-Skaveny.

artisturn
10-02-2014, 21:39
I would suggest Bolt Throwers and bring a minimum of two fanatics per unit.

Ogres&OrksFTW
10-02-2014, 22:17
You mean Spear Chuckas and I squeezed a Fantaic in there.

Senbei
10-02-2014, 22:45
I'd suggest bringing along a Common Goblin Boss (or two) or Warlord. Night Goblin LD is pitifully low. Also, iirc, the general view is that Wolf Riders are a bit better than Spider riders (and also cheaper, points wise. Shame about the models though).

Dark Aly
11-02-2014, 10:51
Squigs. Squigs are a night gobbos best friend, a best friend that eats them but when you are a night goblin you don't get good friends.

Ogres&OrksFTW
11-02-2014, 20:47
So this is the list so far (I really like spider Riders and will keep them and Wolf Riders look pretty bad):

20 NG w/Shield&Spear and Full Command & Netters (2 Fanatics)
5 Spider Riders w/Bows and Musician
Spear Chucka
Doom Diver
8 Cave Squigs 4 NG Herders
NG Big Boss w/Great Weapon and Dragonhelm

Dark Aly
12-02-2014, 14:00
I'd drop the netters tbh. They are great but it equates roughly to paying 5 points per model for a T4 night goblin, I only put them in units of 50+.

My 500 point Night gobo list was:
2x20 night gobs, standard, fanatic
squig herd, 10 squigs and 9 handlers
mangler
warboss, light armour, enchanted shield, warrior bane
big boss, light armour, dragon helm, shield BSB

I was sticking to theme though.

EDIT- the space wolf fenrisian wolves can make for great and easy wolf rider models if you really want to.

Wulfrun
14-02-2014, 10:57
Get rid of the squigs, they wont be doing enough at this point level, get rid of the spider riders, put the points into a unit of wolf riders with bows as your chaff, redirectors and general annoyances to your opponent.Then invest in either a shaman or a mangler squig. I would also drop the netters and add another fanatic if the points allow.