PDA

View Full Version : Deamons vs hive mind

Grocklock
11-02-2014, 15:01
If a planet was taken over by a deamon incursion and a hive fleet chose it as it next pray. Would the shadow in the warp just snuff out the deamons, or the deamons become weakens or not affected

ryng_sting
11-02-2014, 18:25
Seems to weaken them, but not snuff them out entirely. There's a story in the new codex where precisely that happens, and Chaos realises Tyranids can't be corrupted.

Nazguire
11-02-2014, 20:35
Doesn't the story explain that the Tyranids considered the daemons just as much predators as they are? So completely changed their tactics from 'wipe out and consume' to 'hold em off as long as we can so we can consume'?

Retrospectus
11-02-2014, 22:53
yeah I think they saw them as rival predators because they couldn't eat them

Grocklock
12-02-2014, 08:20
Thanks for the replys I was more interested in how the shadow in the warp affects deamons.

Grocklock
12-02-2014, 11:06
Thanks for the replys I was more interested in how the shadow in the warp affects deamons.

quantumcollider
12-02-2014, 21:47

In that same story it was clear that the Shadow in the Warp had a negative effect on the Deamons. They weren't simply snuffed out mind you, but their foothold in realspace was much less strong. Moreover, the massive carnage caused by fighting the Tyranids directly did not benefit the deamons at all, quite unlike normal deamonic incursions.

Dark Primus
16-02-2014, 10:32
And theres the fluff in the Daemon codex where Hive fleets has to change their course away from the more powerful warp storms, which I assume where the Shadow in the Warp had little effect.