PDA

View Full Version : "Fluffy" Khorne 2k versus "Cheaty" Khorne

Vulgarsty
12-02-2014, 22:33
Ok after spending god knows how much cash, kit bashing loads of Khorne berzerker helmet flanges from the bitz store and spraying my dudes red, I am going with a "fluffy" no wizard, no shooting, Khorne army for the first time. I will be playing a dirty Khorne apostate (he uses a lvl 4 shadow...spit!) nothing weird like Watchtower or Blood and Glory (we will re-roll all that aren't a straight fight). Could I make this list any more vicious whilst keeping it cannon? I am running the infantry as 6x3 so got a few ablative wounds I could lose to free up a few points if any of you devious minds can come up with anything sneaky....

Daemon Prince (360 pts)
1 Daemon Prince of Khorne, 360 pts (Daemonic Attacks; General; Mark of Khorne (Daemon); Chaos Armour; Causes Terror; Daemonic Flight; Immune to Psychology; Swiftstride; Unbreakable)
1 Sword of Striking
1 Charmed Shield
1 Dragonbane Gem
1 Scaled Skin (Scaly Skin)
1 Soul Feeder

Chaos Warshrine (125 pts) - well got to have something to chuck my dice at - and it's not "Wizard" magic
1 Chaos Warshrine, 125 pts
1 Chaos Shrinemaster (Hand Weapon)
1 Chaos Shrine Bearers

Chaos Warriors (20#, 390 pts)
19 Chaos Warriors of Khorne, 390 pts (Berserk Rage; Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Mark of Khorne; Hand Weapon; Extra Hand Weapon; Chaos Armour; Frenzy)
1 Aspiring Champion of Khorne (Berserk Rage; Mark of Khorne; Hand Weapon; Extra Hand Weapon; Chaos Armour; Frenzy)

Chaos Marauders (20#, 250 pts)
19 Chaos Marauders of Khorne, 250 pts (Berserk Rage; Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Mark of Khorne; Hand Weapon; Flail; Light Armour; Frenzy)
1 Marauder Chieftain of Khorne (Berserk Rage; Mark of Khorne; Hand Weapon; Flail; Light Armour; Frenzy)

Marauder Horsemen (5#, 110 pts)
4 Marauder Horsemen of Khorne, 110 pts (Berserk Rage; Musician Mus; Mark of Khorne; Hand Weapon; Flail; Fast Cavalry; Frenzy; Vanguard)
1 Marauder Horsemaster of Khorne (Berserk Rage; Mark of Khorne; Hand Weapon; Flail; Frenzy)
5 Warhorse

Chaos Knights (6#, 274 pts)
5 Chaos Knights of Khorne, 274 pts (Berserk Rage; Mark of Khorne; Hand Weapon; Lance; Chaos Armour; Shield; Barding; Causes Fear; Frenzy)
1 Doom Knight of Khorne (Berserk Rage; Mark of Khorne; Hand Weapon; Lance; Chaos Armour; Shield; Frenzy)
6 Chaos Steed

Skullcrushers of Khorne (3#, 244 pts)
2 Skullcrushers of Khorne, 244 pts (Berserk Rage; Mark of Khorne; Hand Weapon; Ensorcelled Weapons; Chaos Armour; Shield; Frenzy)
1 Skullhunter (Berserk Rage; Mark of Khorne; Hand Weapon; Ensorcelled Weapons; Chaos Armour; Shield; Frenzy)
3 Juggernaut of Khorne (Daemonic Attacks; Causes Fear)

Skullcrushers of Khorne (3#, 244 pts)
2 Skullcrushers of Khorne, 244 pts (Berserk Rage; Mark of Khorne; Hand Weapon; Ensorcelled Weapons; Chaos Armour; Shield; Frenzy)
1 Skullhunter (Berserk Rage; Mark of Khorne; Hand Weapon; Ensorcelled Weapons; Chaos Armour; Shield; Frenzy)

Composition Report:
Points of Lords: 360 (0 - 500)
Points of Heroes: 0 (0 - 500)
Points of Core: 750 (500 - Unlimited)
Points of Special: 399 (0 - 1000)
Points of Rare: 488 (0 - 500)

Total Roster Cost: 1997

Created with Army BuilderŪ - Try it for free at http://www.wolflair.com

I Am Forsaken
13-02-2014, 07:49
I would try to get an exalted hero in there to carry the BSB, with all that frenzy and your general presumably flying out on his own it would be very handy.

Marauders would probably be the best bet to cut to fit him in, as your Warriors + Horsemen give you your minimum core and the maras are the weakest thing in the list.

BattleofLund
13-02-2014, 10:33
Hellcannon are as fluffy as fluffy can be. Khorne has absolutely no problem with firepower, just as long as it's not too controlled.

Edit because I'm feeling contrary today :) : you can't have unlimited Core. In a 2,000 point Warriors of Chaos army you may have up to 1,890 points of Core.

Vulgarsty
25-02-2014, 22:03
Thanks guys, am now facing the snivelling coward on Sunday, I really wanted boots on the ground so didn't want to cut the marauders (they will get battered tho) but I have trimmed both infantry units to fit a BSB on a shrine to give him an 18" bubble

Daemon Prince (360 pts)
1 Daemon Prince of Khorne, 360 pts (Daemonic Attacks; General; Mark of Khorne (Daemon); Chaos Armour; Causes Terror; Daemonic Flight; Immune to Psychology; Swiftstride; Unbreakable)
1 Sword of Striking
1 Charmed Shield
1 Dragonbane Gem
1 Scaled Skin (Scaly Skin)
1 Soul Feeder

Exalted Hero (281 pts)
1 Exalted Hero of Khorne (Battle Standard Bearer), 281 pts (Berserk Rage; Mark of Khorne; Hand Weapon; Halberd; Chaos Armour; Battle Standard Bearer; Frenzy)
1 Chaos Warshrine
1 Chaos Shrine Bearers
1 Pidgeon Plucker Pendant

Chaos Warriors (17, 316 pts)
16 Chaos Warriors of Khorne, 316 pts (Berserk Rage; Mark of Khorne; Hand Weapon; Extra Hand Weapon; Chaos Armour; Frenzy)
1 Aspiring Champion of Khorne (Berserk Rage; Mark of Khorne; Hand Weapon; Extra Hand Weapon; Chaos Armour; Frenzy)

Chaos Marauders (17, 180 pts)
16 Chaos Marauders of Khorne, 180 pts (Berserk Rage; Mark of Khorne; Hand Weapon; Flail; Frenzy)
1 Marauder Chieftain of Khorne (Berserk Rage; Mark of Khorne; Hand Weapon; Flail; Frenzy)

Marauder Horsemen (5, 100 pts)
4 Marauder Horsemen of Khorne, 100 pts (Berserk Rage; Mark of Khorne; Hand Weapon; Flail; Fast Cavalry; Frenzy; Vanguard)
1 Marauder Horsemaster of Khorne (Berserk Rage; Mark of Khorne; Hand Weapon; Flail; Frenzy)
5 Warhorse

Chaos Knights (6, 274 pts)
5 Chaos Knights of Khorne, 274 pts (Berserk Rage; Mark of Khorne; Barding; Hand Weapon; Lance; Chaos Armour; Shield; Causes Fear; Frenzy)
1 Doom Knight of Khorne (Berserk Rage; Mark of Khorne; Hand Weapon; Lance; Chaos Armour; Shield; Frenzy)
6 Chaos Steed

Skullcrushers of Khorne (3, 244 pts)

Skullcrushers of Khorne (3, 244 pts)

Composition Report:
Points of Lords: 360 (0 - 500)
Points of Heroes: 281 (0 - 500)
Points of Core: 596 (500 - Unlimited)
Points of Special: 274 (0 - 1000)
Points of Rare: 488 (0 - 500)

Total Roster Cost: 1999

Created with Army BuilderŪ - Try it for free at http://www.wolflair.com