PDA

View Full Version : Starting Tyranids

jasdc1
15-02-2014, 00:43
I know this title has been used before, but this one is mine. I have a question, which won't be the first. I'm starting my army with the Swarm box set, while assembling the Carnifex I see the 3 choices for the carapace. The plain Jane and Spinebank, is the third option for the bio-plasma or is it suppose to represent something else? And which would be better for the current edition?

rocdocta
15-02-2014, 01:29
The most effective part of the box set is the box for putting the models back in during the game.

In all seriousness go the spine banks on a carni.

gLOBS
15-02-2014, 15:59
Best bet is to buy a bunch of rare earth magnets so you get some versatility out of your models. If you have the ability to swap out arms/heads it allows you to try new ideas and loadouts. This helps with it not becomeing stale or being stuck with a choice that might not work for you.

EvilSilverback
17-02-2014, 05:04
You mean the Carapace with the little craters on it?

Might be the old "Spore Cysts" carapace left over from 4th Ed. I don't know that they've updated the Carnifex kit since then.

jasdc1
18-02-2014, 02:55
Yes the one with the craters. Like I said, I'm assuming the other is to represent spine banks.

Mandragola
18-02-2014, 12:53
I don't think people are sticking carapace weapons on their carnifexes much, but I could be wrong. I suggest taking a look at the tyranid tactica though. Spine banks and bio plasma could be a good set up I suppose.