PDA

View Full Version : Alternative Knight

TheBearminator
15-02-2014, 22:03
Is this the right place for a question like this? It's certainly 40k related so I give it a try and see if the thread gets moved.

We've all seen the early pictures of the upcoming Imperial knight(s). I'm officially the only one in this forum who didn't fall in love with it. So congratulations to everyone but me. :) But it still got me inspired. Now I wanna know what other manufacturers exist that produce giant robots in an appropriate size. I've already said I'd like something more like either a Warhound, Mechwarrior or giant sentinel. I want some help finding a model I can convert my own Knight from. So please help me out! :)

Langdon
15-02-2014, 22:08
Is this the right place for a question like this? It's certainly 40k related so I give it a try and see if the thread gets moved.

We've all seen the early pictures of the upcoming Imperial knight(s). I'm officially the only one in this forum who didn't fall in love with it. So congratulations to everyone but me. :) But it still got me inspired. Now I wanna know what other manufacturers exist that produce giant robots in an appropriate size. I've already said I'd like something more like either a Warhound, Mechwarrior or giant sentinel. I want some help finding a model I can convert my own Knight from. So please help me out! :)

It looks a bit pants. If I wanted a titan i would buy one from FW, not get a GW knock off.

If you are not adverse to using now-gw models.. alot of gundams would work.. and look much better to boot

Navar
16-02-2014, 00:02
I LOVE the look of it, but I agree with Langdon to an extent

If I didn't want a Knight, I would buy a Warhound from Forge World.

I would go with the Lucius pattern myself.

BUT I like the Knight and will likely get a pair to paint to go with my Iron Hands. . .

Langdon
16-02-2014, 00:07
I LOVE the look of it, but I agree with Langdon to an extent

If I didn't want a Knight, I would buy a Warhound from Forge World.

I would go with the Lucius pattern myself.

BUT I like the Knight and will likely get a pair to paint to go with my Iron Hands. . .

If Chaos can take them (doubt it considering how much GW likes giving us loyalist gubbins), I will more than likely get one to kick start either an EC army or Death Guard, but as an DarkMech "ally"

bork da basher
16-02-2014, 05:45
i really really really want CSM to be able to get an allied detachment of them. i would love to have one of those bad boys as a centrepiece for my nurgle army all converted up, bloated and rusty.

the dark mechanicum needs some love too.

TheBearminator
16-02-2014, 08:45
I had a look at the hounds but they're so ridiculously expensive. :( The Gundams are nice robots but don't look very 40k to me. But of course the vivid colours contribute to that impression.

Shibboleth
16-02-2014, 10:11
No-one's mentioned Dreamforge Leviathan yet?
That's what I was looking at until rumours of a GW Knight model surfaced last year, and I'm glad I didn't bother. The GW one is perfect.

Erazmus_M_Wattle
16-02-2014, 10:27
I'm a bit miffed with myself because I'm still waiting for my 15mm leviathan Mortis to come in the post. :(

TheBearminator
16-02-2014, 17:49
No-one's mentioned Dreamforge Leviathan yet?
That's what I was looking at until rumours of a GW Knight model surfaced last year, and I'm glad I didn't bother. The GW one is perfect.

Was it you who mentioned it in the news thread about the imp Knight? I like parts of that model. Especially the super heavy chain gun. But I don't really want an Imperial Knight with a tiny bretonnia Knights helmet. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/17/gahezu6e.jpg I'd rather have something more robot like with a big nice cockpit.

Edit: But when I had a second look at, it's not too bad. :) Not what I was hoping the imp Knight would be but better at least and seems a bit bigger. Are they available in Europe?

cuda1179
17-02-2014, 04:09
Was it you who mentioned it in the news thread about the imp Knight? I like parts of that model. Especially the super heavy chain gun. But I don't really want an Imperial Knight with a tiny bretonnia Knights helmet. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/17/gahezu6e.jpg I'd rather have something more robot like with a big nice cockpit.

Edit: But when I had a second look at, it's not too bad. :) Not what I was hoping the imp Knight would be but better at least and seems a bit bigger. Are they available in Europe?

You can get these things in Europe. It's $45 American, which is about 33 pounds, or 40 Euros. Too bad you guys have to deal with a VAT.

TheBearminator
17-02-2014, 05:00
You can get these things in Europe. It's $45 American, which is about 33 pounds, or 40 Euros. Too bad you guys have to deal with a VAT.

What?! Where can I find it for that price? Those crooks at Slowland would charge me 76 for a kit! Or is that another model? This one is called leviathan crusader.

http://www.waylandgames.co.uk/dreamforge-games/leviathan-crusader/prod_19888.html

ForgottenLore
17-02-2014, 05:39
What?! Where can I find it for that price? Those crooks at Slowland would charge me 76 for a kit! Or is that another model? This one is called leviathan crusader.

http://www.waylandgames.co.uk/dreamforge-games/leviathan-crusader/prod_19888.html

Dreamforge is producing their titan models in 2 scales, 28mm and 15mm. The 28mm scale one you linked to is basically the size of a warhound, I think these guys are are talking about using the 15mm scale version as a proxy for a knight. THAT version is apparently 42 pounds. Not the 33 he said, but better. Here

http://www.waylandgames.co.uk/dreamforge-games/15mm-leviathan-crusader/prod_23561.html

TheBearminator
17-02-2014, 13:06
Ah! That model seems kinda small to me. The bigger one is still a cm shorter than a Wraithknight from what I understand. Should be perfect for an imp Knight in my opinion. I don't want something that it slightly taller than a dreadnought.

hobojebus
17-02-2014, 17:57
I have one of the bigger dreamforge titan's its a really nice kit and easily looks the part, its a tad shorter than a warhound.

I'm waiting for rules to drop before i buy additional arm's for it i'm thinking left arm will be their chain arm, and right a hel canon, though the assault cannon you get in the box is very nice and looks the part for 40k.

I'd post a pic but its only undercoated so far.

Samitte
17-02-2014, 19:12
I'm officially the only one in this forum who didn't fall in love with it. :)

I'm with you, I was hoping really hard that they would not look like their Epic counterparts. From what I've seen so far they share the, pardon my French, ''retarded'' look the Epic ones had. From a conversion perspective, it does look like the Nemesis Dreadknight is only a tad shorter. But its legs + torso are probably a good base for a walker of the same class.

I do think the Lord of Skulls is awesome though... So who am I to say that! :D (And bring out the Silver Tower of Tzeentch already!)

Still Standing
17-02-2014, 19:22
It is supposedly around the size of a Wraithknight, so almost twice the height of a Dreadknight.

TheBearminator
20-02-2014, 15:12
It is supposedly around the size of a Wraithknight, so almost twice the height of a Dreadknight.

Yeah, or actually a centimeter or so shorter from the information I can find. The leviathan is abut 8,5" according to wayland's homepage and GW claims that the Wraithknight is just under 9". Seems about right. :)