PDA

View Full Version : Few Questions

Squishy1979
16-02-2014, 04:43
I ask for forgiveness ahead of time on my laziness, and failure to fully reseach before asking these questions. If you don't want to respond because of this, I would understand.
So a couple of questions came up in a game today and I was hoping to get some quick answers here, instead of having to search through forums, FAQ's, erratas, etc.

1) When you are removing casualties from a close combat battle, and you only have the front row of models left, can you remove the casualties in whatever way you want (possibly taking attacks away from the enemy, or taking an enemy out completely)?
As an example, how do you remove casualties on these examples assuming there is an enemy model in B2B to all of the characters (I=Infantry, C=Champion, M=musician, S=Standard bearer, H=Hero, L=Lord)

A) I1-I2-I3-I4-C (When removing casualties, can you remove I1, then I2, etc. If so, do the rest of the models stay in place, or will they move to keep the unit centered?)
B) C-I-S-M-H (When removing casualties, I needs to be the casualty removed, but how does the rest of the unit consolidate?)
C) L-M-C-S-H (Similar Scenario, so probably the same answer as B)

2) Plague Furnace's Enshrouding Fog states that any enemy unit (friend or foe) in base contact with the furnace takes D6 toughness tests. Failed test do 1 automatic wound with no armor (? might be saves of any kind) saves. I was under the impression that this was changed to anything touching the furnace, and no longer used the D6 but I didn't see this in the Skaven FAQ (I might be blind). So I have a 2-parter here

A) Is D6 to both the unit pushing the furnace (wounding on 6's only) and the unit it is in base contact with?
B) If so, and there are only 2 models left in the unit, but the D6 roll is a 6, do the two models have to take 3 tests each, or just a single test?

3) Wildwood terrain says that at the end of the movement phase a unit that is even partially within the forest takes D6 hits. Is this the end of EACH movement phase, or just the movement phase that you move into that forest? This came up because my opponent deployed into the forest, which ended up being a wildwood. I went first, and so the question was whether he should be taking D6 hits. We read it as EACH movement phase, as it did not specify that it was the turn it was moved into.

4) WoC have a mutation upgrade called Poisonous Slime. This grants the character Poison attacks and give a 5+ ward save against poison attacks. My question is whether the 5+ ward save is only against the attacks that wound from poison (i.e. a 6 is rolled on the To Hit roll), or whether it would recieve a 5+ ward against any attacks made with a weapon/model that has the poison attacks special rule (all attacks are "poison attacks" but not all attacks wound with the "poison" - i.e. roll of 6.)

Thanks in advance for those people that aren't angered by my laziness!

Squishy1979
16-02-2014, 18:16
soooooo........bump?

theunwantedbeing
16-02-2014, 22:56
1. Remove equally from both sides, you get to pick which you start from though.

2. It'll only cause a hit to everyone in base contact if the plague monk riding it carries a plague censor.
a) Yes, both the unit pushing it and the enemy unit in base contact take D6 hits.
b) Models can suffer multiple tests, they'll lose a wound for each one they fail.

3. End of each movement phase, whether or not you moved.

4. Any poisoned attack, not just those that specifically have the normal poison rule but others like dark venom that dark elves have.

Squishy1979
16-02-2014, 23:55
1. Remove equally from both sides, you get to pick which you start from though.

Thanks Being for your answers, but in question 1, I was providing some examples where you cannot remove from either side equally, as the wounds are going to rank and file, and there are not rank and file models on each side. I was providing a few examples to see what the outcome would be. Unless you are saying that you would shift models in when a rank and file model is removed...

Just for a review, these are the scenarios I am talking about (where I=Rank and File Infantry, C=Champion, M=Musician, S=Standard Bearer, H=Hero, and L=Lord):

A) I1-I2-I3-I4-C (When removing casualties, can you remove I1, then I2, etc. If so, do the rest of the models stay in place, or will they move to keep the unit centered?)
B) C-I-S-M-H (When removing casualties, I needs to be the casualty removed, but how does the rest of the unit consolidate?)
C) L-M-C-S-H (Similar Scenario, so probably the same answer as B)

theunwantedbeing
17-02-2014, 00:14
Basically, you ignore models that can't be removed until the end of the round where you re-order everything back into a unit with no gaps in it.

So example
A) you'de remove the infantry in the order 1,4,2,3.
B) you'de remove the infantry model first, then the musician, then the standard bearer, then the champion.
C) removal order would be Musician, Standard Bearer, Champion.

Excess is obviously wasted and doesn't fall onto the characters.

Squishy1979
17-02-2014, 00:23
Basically, you ignore models that can't be removed until the end of the round where you re-order everything back into a unit with no gaps in it.

AHHHHH, that makes sense! So you remove characters, and when the combat round is done, you push everything to the center (or if you had a character in a challenge, I assume that you would push everyone towards the character in the challenge).

Thanks Being