PDA

View Full Version : My Noob Tzeench list!

Aekold
11-06-2006, 21:34
Heya all! here is one list i want you to look at. Me and my friend are gonna start whit fantasy again. And i can really feel the pull of tzeench this time. :D

So if you can be so kind and help me whit this list i'll be a happy chap! :evilgrin:

Tzeench 2050 Pts - Chaos Army

1 Daemon Prince @ 540 Pts
Mark of Tzeentch; General; Lore of Tzeentch
Master of Mortals
Master of Sorcery
Blade of the Ether
Soul Hunger

1 Exalted Chaos Champion @ 220 Pts
Mark of Tzeentch; Lore of Tzeentch; Chaos Armour
Gaze of the Gods
Sword of Might

Spell Familiar
Dispel Scroll
Biting Blade

1 Chaos Chariot of Tzeentch @ 140 Pts
Mark of Tzeentch

Mark of Tzeentch

12 Chaos Warriors @ 198 Pts
Mark of Chaos Undivided; Heavy Armour; Shield; Standard; Musician

24 Marauders @ 120 Pts

6 Screamers of Tzeentch @ 198 Pts

5 Chaos Furies @ 75 Pts

Casting Pool: 12

Dispel Pool: 6

Models in Army: 65

Total Army Cost: 2049

Ohh and i don't really know what playstyle i have. But i want magic and lots of it! and i want Some good CC to! The plan is to have the Marauder Block in center. And have the 2 warrior blocks on each side of it. Then im gonna have the 2 chariots on each side of the warriors. So basically a big evil front. Then my Screamers and furies is going to roam about causing havoq on the damn warmachines. And any evil mage that may be lurking on the board. And my chars is gonna be in the block to help kill things. And of course blast away whit the evil and doomsday magic! bwhahah sounds like a plan? or am i just to grandiose dreaming here? hmmf

der_lex
12-06-2006, 00:02
Alright, quite a few comments there, so here goes:

1 Daemon Prince @ 540 Pts
Mark of Tzeentch; General; Lore of Tzeentch
Master of Mortals
Master of Sorcery
Blade of the Ether
Soul Hunger

If you want to make the list more fighty, get a cheapr undivided daemon prince instead. If you want to focus more on magic, get the 'standard' mortal tzeench lord with a staff of change instead. If you want both, then you're a greedy greedy puppy.
Downside of this daemon prince is that he's tolled up for fighting (blade and soul hunger), but if he's doing that, he can't cast. If you want him to hang back and cast, you'll have wasted a lot of points on his combat gifts, and he'll probably get shot to bits pretty soon (that 5+ ward save won't save him from most shooting).

Gaze of the Gods
Sword of Might

Put this guy in an infantry unit. he'll still have plenty of rounds in which he can cast, and he'll be able to hit things as soon as he arrives. By himself on foot, he won't be that effective. Also, since he doesn't have a shield, why not give him a halberd? Same effect as the sword of might, but lots cheaper.

Spell Familiar
Dispel Scroll
Biting Blade

See above. (I rarely consider the weaker magic weapons worth taking in any list, by the way. They just don't do enough what they cost).
You might want to consider dropping him down to Aspiring and giving him a battle standard. Tzeentch armies tend to need one of those, and it won't affect your magic in any way.

Yo r magic power will go up lots if you give these guys the Mark of Tzeentch (the main point of small chaos warriors in Tzeentch lists anyway
handweapon/shield is usually only good for big units of CW's who try to win combat with ranks and outnumbering. 12 strong units won't be able to do that, and will not get enough hits in to be effecive either. I'd give them Halberds or great weapons instead, so they can be used as a flanking detachment of sorts.

24 Marauders @ 120 Pts

Bigger is ot always better. If you drop four (perhaps even eight) of these guys and give the rest armor, shields, and a command group, they'll live a lot longer and do a lot better in combat. As they are, they're a big group of cannon fodder.

6 Screamers of Tzeentch @ 198 Pts

5 Chaos Furies @ 75 Pts

I'd switch the numbers on these two. With Screamer base size you'll rarely get 6 into combat, and since they have two wounds, 5 of them last a lot longer than you think. Furies, however, tend to drop like flies, and need to be in 6+ units to be effective.

As your list is now, you're trying so hard to have good cc and good magic that you fail to get either of them. Focus on either one of them (if you want to stay on the Tzeentch side of things, I suggest going for magic), and you'll end up with a list that'll be a lot more effective.

Aekold
12-06-2006, 00:37
Ahh okey! thx man =) i shall change my list then. Is a lord on disc good?

Aekold
12-06-2006, 01:24
hmm hows this list?

Unnamed2000 Pts - Chaos Army

1 Chaos Lord @ 490 Pts
Mark of Tzeentch; General; Lore of Tzeentch; Chaos Armour
Staff of Change
Golden Eye of Tzeentch

1 Disc of Tzeentch @ Pts

1 Aspiring Chaos Champion @ 290 Pts
Mark of Tzeentch; Lore of Tzeentch; Chaos Armour; Battle Standard
Blasted Standard
Spell Familiar
Great Fang

1 Aspiring Chaos Champion @ 204 Pts
Mark of Tzeentch; Lore of Tzeentch; Halberd; Chaos Armour
Power Familiar

18 Chaos Warriors of Tzeentch @ 308 Pts
Mark of Tzeentch; Heavy Armour; Shield; Standard; Musician

19 Marauders @ 165 Pts
Light Armour; Shield; Standard; Musician

1 Chieftain @ Pts

4 Screamers of Tzeentch @ 132 Pts

Mark of Tzeentch

Casting Pool: 14

Dispel Pool: 7

Models in Army: 65

Total Army Cost: 2037

hanginhigh <trands>
12-06-2006, 01:29
imo i thnk u need some chaos knights or MH in there somewhere.. ur extremely lacking in the fast units section. if u drop those units of warriors down to 15 (3 ranks of 5) or smaller then ud hav enough points for a unit of MH plus a unit of warhounds or possibly a unit of chaos knights with mark of tzeentch

der_lex
12-06-2006, 02:05
Whoa, you've shot a bit too far in the other direction there now. More comments...

1 Chaos Lord @ 490 Pts
Mark of Tzeentch; General; Lore of Tzeentch; Chaos Armour
Staff of Change
Golden Eye of Tzeentch

1 Disc of Tzeentch @ Pts

It's the cliché lord, but he works. He guarantees you a very good magic phase, since those rerolls will save your ass a lot of the times.

1 Aspiring Chaos Champion @ 290 Pts
Mark of Tzeentch; Lore of Tzeentch; Chaos Armour; Battle Standard
Blasted Standard
Spell Familiar
Great Fang

1 Aspiring Chaos Champion @ 204 Pts
Mark of Tzeentch; Lore of Tzeentch; Halberd; Chaos Armour
Power Familiar

You can't take a magic banner AND magic items, so that aspiring's illegal as he is now. I'd maybe give him something to keep him alive during combat, like armour of damnation or the gaze, but you don't really need all those trinkets that he has anyway. The Blasted Standard's not really worth it anyway in a 2k list, but that's just my opinion.

I'd also keep your other champ on as an exalted... You get +1 WS and an extra attack for a measly 20 points. No magic weapon can beat that.

19 Marauders @ 165 Pts
Light Armour; Shield; Standard; Musician 1 Chieftain @ Pts

I usually try to field units with full ranks, and not units with a few stragglers in there. That's why I usually take either 12 or 16 chaos warriors. I also assume you have 20 marauders, one of which being the chieftain?

If you want, you can take a look at the Hellcannons of chaos thread in the tactica. I recently posted my 2500 point list in there at the request of another poster, and I've added some points about runnign a Tzeentch army in there that you might find interesting.
Last point: I agree with hanginhigh that fast units are great, but don't let that keep you from making a slightly less but fun to play footslogger army. Thanks to your barrage of magic, Tzeentch can actually pull that one off by hanging back and letting the fight come to them. A hellcannon really helps when you play the game like that, but unfortunately you can't make a viable 2k Tzeentch list with that unit in it (too expensive).

Aekold
12-06-2006, 11:54
IM not really a fan of the damn battle standards. so maybe i just drop him and have a hitty hero?

metro_gnome
12-06-2006, 14:05
BSB is good for tzeench tho...
it has the weakest psych of all of chaos...

der_lex
12-06-2006, 14:29
I'm with gnome on this one. Infantry-heavy Tzeentch lists get a mjor boost from having a battle standard bearer around...it makes them last longer.

Lobotomizer
12-06-2006, 18:17
Depending on your playstyle I'd recommend getting 1 or 2 more blocks of horrors with flamers accompanying them. These guys can often hold a flank on their own vs infantry and fast cavalry etc. Give them a try with proxy and see if you like them:)

Aekold
14-06-2006, 23:30
how many horros in a group? hmm well im leaning to the khorne side now. Seems to be more easy to build an army whit khorne. Tzeench is a lot of doo-hickey. Do this and that and for gods sake DONT HAVE MORE THAN 10 POWERDICE! THEN IT IS T0T4L P0W3r G4M3R UBER COMMANDO!

hmmf as you see, im a little dauten by the prospect of an tzeench army. plz help.- or let me slip away from the grasp of tzeench.