PDA

View Full Version : Tomb King 2,500 Tournament list

Waywatch
17-02-2014, 07:56
Upcoming tournament in my area and I'd love to hear some input on the list I came up with. It's pretty self explanatory and for the most part relies heavily on defensive magic. Lore of light's main priorities are "net" (to protect my monsters from cannons) and speed of light on the necro knights and prevention of initiative based tests on my valued monsters (i'm looking at you pit of shades). Priests are in the small archer units. Let me know what you think and thanks in advance!

LORDS:

Liche hight priest (general, lore of light)
-level 4, dispel scroll
Liche high priest (hierophant, lore of nehekhara)
-level 4, earthing rod

CORE UNITS:

Skeleton archers (50)
-full command
Skeleton archers (15)
-musician
Skeleton archers (15)
-musician
Skeleton horse archers (5)
Skeleton horse archers (5)

SPECIAL UNITS:

Necropolis Knights (6)
-musician, standard bearer
Necropolis Knights (6)
-musician, standard bearer
Khemrian Warsphinx
-fiery roar

RARE UNIT:

Hierotitan
Casket of Souls

TOTAL POINTS: 2,500
TOTAL CHARACTERS: 2
TOTAL BANNERS: 3

Waywatch
18-02-2014, 20:03
I changed to original post to make the list more "fear bomb" centered. This is probably the list I am going to run with but any last minute input would be great. Thanks!

PirateRobotNinjaofDeath
18-02-2014, 21:16
I've mentioned it on Dakka already, but that TK either needs to be dropped or have his unit boosted to 60 models. 24 skeletons can be chewed through in a turn.

Folomo
25-02-2014, 13:43
Agree. 24 warriors are more a danger for your own king than to the enemy. If they are shooted a bit and charged, an enemy can easily wipe them out in 1-2 turns, while crumbling the king away.
The king itself cost around 250 points and the unit he joins (and buffs) only cost 100 points. Not sure if the support to unit ratio is good enough here :p.
Also, if he dies you auto-lose B&G. And I dont see any way to take or hold a watchtower either.

Waywatch
06-03-2014, 21:26
I ended up taking the modified list above to the tournament. I was very happy with the results but always appreciate new input. Thanks and let me know what you think!