PDA

View Full Version : GW Armybook/codex Quality issues

MasterSplinter
17-02-2014, 12:25
Hi guys,

i am doing this thread because today i received my armybook: dwarfs and, not for the first time i had problems with the quality of condition. The pages adhered to each other which i saw several times now, not to a degree that they were really glued together but to a point where i was really caucious not to damage the book when skimming through the book. It had somewhat unjoyfull feeling to first reading the book.
Now it was not damaged by this at all, but i remember that i had that issues before witn my WoC book and even harder issues with my codex space marines where at one point a page glued on another and, how hard i ever tried, i could not turn the page without ripping half of the printing down of it.
I did not want a refund and since it was only a page with an artwork and i ordered from uk and i live in germany i just left it like that.
But i must say i am not really confident when paying 40 for a book i kind of expect it to not have such issues.

To summarise, now i had 3 times issues of that kind and i guess that it has to be usual with the hardcover books?

TheFang
17-02-2014, 16:05
Take a photo and email it to mail order. Get a replacement. If they want it returned then either take it to a local GW or if you haven't got a local get them to pay the postage. It's a manufacturing fault you shouldn't tolerate.

zoggin-eck
18-02-2014, 00:30
They are books, it happens. It's happened to me enough with GW and pretty much any other glossy colour book mob I've bought from regularly. It's up to you whether you go to the effort of getting them replaced, or if you continue buying them at all.

MasterSplinter
18-02-2014, 07:33
I will see what i can do with mailorder, didnt knew they would send me a copy jut by taking a picture. Thanks :)