PDA

View Full Version : "Codex: Inquisition" Troops?

just_jay
20-02-2014, 21:18
So I just had a quick question and wanted to know if anyone had an answer. If GW was going to drop a supplement for the Inquisition, why not simply make the Chamber Militants availible as troops for their respective Ordos? I would think it might let people's SoB see the table again. Is it because rules for these units exist elsewhere? GK, SoB, Deathwatch. Either way I think they all could have been helped with a small entry. If anyone had an answer though I'd appreciate hearing it.

Theocracity
20-02-2014, 21:27
I don't think we're going to get a supplement for a codex that's barely bigger than a supplement, and only exists in ebook form.

Besides, you can create those 'chamber militants' with the existing rules. Just ally in Inquisition to their army and make the Inquisitor the warlord per codex rules. Job's a good'un.

A.T.
20-02-2014, 21:34
The GK are available as troops for inquisitors - as the inquisition codex is little more than a reprinted subset of the GK codex.
The sisters also have an ebook, the deathwatch will probably get a renamed-sternguard dataslate.

It's important to remember that an ebook release is not a 'proper' codex release - it's a minimum effort shoestring budget kind of thing.

NemoSD
20-02-2014, 22:53
Plus the whole Sisters =/= Inquisition, they are Ecclesiarch....

Grand Master Azrael
21-02-2014, 06:33
The GK are available as troops for inquisitors - as the inquisition codex is little more than a reprinted subset of the GK codex.
The sisters also have an ebook, the deathwatch will probably get a renamed-sternguard dataslate.

It's important to remember that an ebook release is not a 'proper' codex release - it's a minimum effort shoestring budget kind of thing.

DeathWatch are already in the Damnos Apocalypse Supplement-essentially just Vanguard and Sternguard Veterans

just_jay
21-02-2014, 12:18
Ok. So they're present elsewhere. Makes sense, I just saw that it had no troops in it and thought it seemed lazy on their part. I was mistaken. I still think the Inquisition is too colorful in terms of fluff not to have a dedicated codex, but that's just my opinion.

A.T.
21-02-2014, 12:35
Ok. So they're present elsewhere. Makes sense, I just saw that it had no troops in it and thought it seemed lazy on their part. I was mistaken.No, you were correct - it is a very lazy product.

The elite units do count as scoring when the inquisitorial detachment is your primary detachment however, and it removes the minimum 2 troop FoC requirements.