PDA

View Full Version : Need advice from anyone who seriously plays Emperor's Children

Draconis
21-02-2014, 20:39
Need some info on their looks. I know purple and gold are their pre-heresy colors right? Black and pink generally current? I'm painting up my first emperor's children model right now but I'm trying to figure out how I want the model to look. It's going to be a combination of purple, black, gold, silver, and white but I'm trying to figure out how to balance it all. Which colors do they wear the most of? (after purple of course). Do they wear them all on one side to stick out ala Strangeland (all ink on one side and all piercings on the other)? Any advice is greatly appreciated on the chapter.

Bad monkey
21-02-2014, 20:41
With the emperors kids you can pretty much do what you like. Pink and black works well with them. But so will purple. The scheme isn't fixed like world eaters or thousand sons.

Odin
21-02-2014, 20:56
Yeah, there's not really a single defined colour scheme. I am using one very similar to the Heresy era scheme, only with a more pink shade of purple, plus some bits of Zebra print.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Navar
21-02-2014, 21:01
I don't seriously play Emperor's Children, but I do have some advise.

Have you read Fulgrim?

Surgency
21-02-2014, 21:05
If the paint scheme on the models makes your eyes hurt, you painted them right

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Draconis
21-02-2014, 22:42
Well i was kinda needing info on their styles. Like if you add things to the model, what would you add? Chains?

Grand Master Azrael
21-02-2014, 22:45
Well i was kinda needing info on their styles. Like if you add things to the model, what would you add? Chains?

Maybe make it look like you have the stretched skin of dead enemies faces stretched over their armour? It's just an idea, but I don't play Emperor's Children.

Surgency
21-02-2014, 22:58
Chains is kinda cliche imo. I agree with the grand master, stretched skin is one of the ways to go. Perhaps body parts, syringes, or other creative instruments of torture as well

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Worldeaters
21-02-2014, 23:13
Fulgrim is a really good book and would well recommend it, they basically want to overload there senses. Stuff like bright colours (google the old awesome metal noise marines) stretched skin, contraptions that look they are self mutilating (admittedly hard to do on a small model) heck I would order a few of fab bills churigon back packs and pilfer the needles etc (side note - any company do things like needles, syringes etc in 28mm scale?) they need to be a eyesore for your opponent.
Definately stay away from cliches like hanging chains.

Grand Master Azrael
21-02-2014, 23:20
Maybe make it look more like they are mutated and their armour has started to merge with their flesh?

Draconis
22-02-2014, 03:19
Like Lucius then? Not sure I have the ability to do most of these things as the models (you can see them in my sig) don't have much exposed skin. I knew they were basically all about their senses, but I was thinking about playing on their sense of perfection too. Being the perfect warrior. That would mean I'd have to make their armor and weapons pristine and in mint condition and clean.

bork da basher
22-02-2014, 08:30
stretched skin, bondage type things like leather straps, masks, chemical syringes and canisters to represent combat drugs/stims. whips, scarred skin.

think hellraiser in purple and gold.

Worldeaters
22-02-2014, 11:16
Like Lucius then? Not sure I have the ability to do most of these things as the models (you can see them in my sig) don't have much exposed skin. I knew they were basically all about their senses, but I was thinking about playing on their sense of perfection too. Being the perfect warrior. That would mean I'd have to make their armor and weapons pristine and in mint condition and clean.

In that case I would just copy the paint scheme from the forgeworld models (and use the models if you can get them as chosen) using there original purple and gold. If your going more for there sense of perfection you could maybe mix in some imperial armour bits for that "cleaner" look as opposed to the spikey versions in the chaos box

Turion Rilyaloce
22-02-2014, 19:29
There are bits in the dark angel and black templar ranges that are meant to be cloth hanging from shoulder pads and also tabards or loin clothes. These could all be painted to look like flesh, and with a little green stuff made to be awesome. Just do a bits order and give it a go, its easier than you think, you just have to try.