PDA

View Full Version : Unbreakable and Immune to Psychology and a few other Questions

woodulikeanother
22-02-2014, 19:02
Hello, I have a few questions regarding Skaven.
First question- If the Screaming Bell is being pulled into combat by a unit, for ex. a unit of 30 clanrat spearmen, Since the Bell's rules state it has the unbreakable rule ( i believe it says it makes the unit unbreakable in its special rule) does this mean the whole unit now consists entirely of unbreakable models? I ask because when i read the Unbreakable special rule, it states that if all models that make up the unit have the special rule Unbreakable they will also gain Immune to Psychology? so does the unit also befit from this rule or does the unit pulling it have to have its own special rule that says they have unbreakable to gain the Immune to Psychology?

Second Question- The dreaded 13th spell for skaven, how does this spell work on monsters and monsterous infantry and monsterous cavalry? I know the book isnt updated yet for 8th edition, so its tough working out this spell against ogres, especially when you have 2 characters in the unit that all get wiped out from one spell like this pretty much with ease.

Third Question- can the grey seer on top of the bell cast magic while in combat? and if he refuses a challege can he still cast magic?

Last Question haha- Can an Ogre lone model on foot so like a Gorger for ex. charge with 360 line of sight, or is this only with lone character models on foot?

Your input is much appreciated!, thank you!

theunwantedbeing
22-02-2014, 19:25
1. All Unbreakable models are also Immune to Psychology.
Yes, everyone in the unit gets the Unbreakable rule.
It's stated plainly under the Altar of Horned Rat Special rule in it's unit entry.

2. It only effects Infantry.
Monstrous Infantry are not Infantry.

3. Yes & Yes. The restriction on casting is casting into combat.

4. Nobody has a 360 degree line of sight.

woodulikeanother
22-02-2014, 19:31
thank you, sorry its been a while since our group has played, little over a year and we are coming up with alot of questions haha, maybe we were thinking last edition where the rules for characters on foot it said they have 360 line of sight for charging, casting magic, and shooting. Also so if no models have 360, then does this mean if you are mounted on a dragon or bell he does not have 360 for casting magic etc...?

gorblud
22-02-2014, 20:28
some spells require the target to be in line of sight, some doesn't. A magic missile for example cannot be cast in 360!

theunwantedbeing
22-02-2014, 21:11
thank you, sorry its been a while since our group has played, little over a year and we are coming up with alot of questions haha, maybe we were thinking last edition where the rules for characters on foot it said they have 360 line of sight for charging, casting magic, and shooting. Also so if no models have 360, then does this mean if you are mounted on a dragon or bell he does not have 360 for casting magic etc...?

The bell is an exception to the normal rules.
A grey seer on a bell get's a 360 line of sight (says so in the rules) when casting spells.

Normally, a model only has a 90 degree arc of sight.
They can be on foot on their own, mounted, a monster, cavalry, whatever, they'll all have to abide by the normal 90 degree arc of sight rules.

Tae
22-02-2014, 23:44
Also Magic Missiles cannot be cast out of combat either I believe.

woodulikeanother
23-02-2014, 01:33
Another quick question, does the Hellpit Abomination get thunderstomp? its listed as a Unique unit such as the Screaming Bell and Goblin Fanatics in the Rule Book, and Unique units are completely different than "Monsters" so it could go both ways, i have been giving my opponent the benefit of having thunderstomp because its a damn monster to me haha

Lord Solar Plexus
23-02-2014, 07:28
Skaven have no magic missiles, so they are exempt from all restrictions.

theunwantedbeing
23-02-2014, 10:09
Another quick question, does the Hellpit Abomination get thunderstomp? its listed as a Unique unit such as the Screaming Bell and Goblin Fanatics in the Rule Book, and Unique units are completely different than "Monsters" so it could go both ways, i have been giving my opponent the benefit of having thunderstomp because its a damn monster to me haha

Skaven FAQ (http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m3180070a_Skaven_v1.7_APRIL13.pdf)
That has a lot of answers to most questions you might want to ask, plus all the alterations to 8th edition for the skaven army.

Yes, the Hellpit gets Thunderstomp as it's a Monster (back of the rulebook lists troop types of the 7th edition armies).