PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone noticed... (re: Imp Knight/New Rules)

Dwane Diblie
23-02-2014, 00:37
I did not know which topic to add this to or ask it in as there are quite a few places it could have gone. I am wondering if anyone else has noticed that the Imperial Knights both have Relentless in their special rules? Is this being discussed somewhere already?

I am most keen in what this may mean for the rumored up coming 7th/6.1 ed.
Does this mean vehicles are loosing Relentless as a default?
If so, I am going to assume most vehicles will be FAQed or listed in the back of the BR as having Relentless.

So assuming it is true that it will be possible to have a vehicle with out relentless, what vehicles could you see this happening to and what will be the effects on the game as a whole?

I could imagine IG Artillery, Hydra, Manticor and Deathstrike loosing it.
Maybe the Ork Looted Wagon. Or even all Ork vehicles, bar Walkers, and then having the ability to buy it back.
cant really think of any more than that.

Menthak
23-02-2014, 01:42
I did not know which topic to add this to or ask it in as there are quite a few places it could have gone. I am wondering if anyone else has noticed that the Imperial Knights both have Relentless in their special rules? Is this being discussed somewhere already?

I am most keen in what this may mean for the rumored up coming 7th/6.1 ed.
Does this mean vehicles are loosing Relentless as a default?
If so, I am going to assume most vehicles will be FAQed or listed in the back of the BR as having Relentless.

So assuming it is true that it will be possible to have a vehicle with out relentless, what vehicles could you see this happening to and what will be the effects on the game as a whole?

I could imagine IG Artillery, Hydra, Manticor and Deathstrike loosing it.
Maybe the Ork Looted Wagon. Or even all Ork vehicles, bar Walkers, and then having the ability to buy it back.
cant really think of any more than that.

Most likely an oversight.

Gilfred The Iron Knight
23-02-2014, 08:03
Titans also have the relentless rule.

Camman1984
23-02-2014, 10:18
Can regular walker move and fire things like ordanance and heavy conversion beamers?

Hendarion
23-02-2014, 10:23
Regular walkers can fire whatever they want.

Inquisitor Tychius
23-02-2014, 10:49
It's most likely there so it's heavy stubbers don't have to make snap shots when firing its rapid firing battle cannon, that would be a tragedy if those missed. /endsarcasm

Marshal
23-02-2014, 12:46
The only thing i can think of is that relentless will allow you to fire ordnance and other weapons at the same time (not currently in this edition, not needed because of the superheavies rule, but maybe in future ones?).

It's most likely there so it's heavy stubbers don't have to make snap shots when firing its rapid firing battle cannon, that would be a tragedy if those missed. /endsarcasm

Not needed as superheavies already don't snap fire if they shoot ordnance weaponry.

AndrewGPaul
23-02-2014, 19:54
Someone already mentioned that the Superheavy Walkers section of Escalation lists the same special rules as the Knights, in the same order. It could be a sign of a rules change on the horizon - or it could just be that they're listing these things explicitly now.

On the other hand, I don't see anything in the rules for Walkers or Superheavy Walkers which overrules the prohibition on firing a Heavy or Ordnance weapon and then Charging in the subsequent Assault Phase; is that not what Relentless is for?

Charistoph
24-02-2014, 00:20
Someone already mentioned that the Superheavy Walkers section of Escalation lists the same special rules as the Knights, in the same order. It could be a sign of a rules change on the horizon - or it could just be that they're listing these things explicitly now.

On the other hand, I don't see anything in the rules for Walkers or Superheavy Walkers which overrules the prohibition on firing a Heavy or Ordnance weapon and then Charging in the subsequent Assault Phase; is that not what Relentless is for?

Besides all Vehicles already having Relentless as default?

That may be changed in 7th (whenever THAT comes), but for now, they do have it.

Kiarr
24-02-2014, 10:21
It wouldnt suprise me if 6.5 (or 7 or whatever its called) changed walkers a bit as they seem a bit weak at the moment (getting into close combat and being ripped appart with krak grenades seems really silly) (in fact using grenades in close combat at all seems stupid) I wouldnt be supprised if they changed to be more like monsterous creatures as they are comparable hence putting relentless in it

Promethius
24-02-2014, 14:40
It wouldnt suprise me if 6.5 (or 7 or whatever its called) changed walkers a bit as they seem a bit weak at the moment (getting into close combat and being ripped appart with krak grenades seems really silly) (in fact using grenades in close combat at all seems stupid) I wouldnt be supprised if they changed to be more like monsterous creatures as they are comparable hence putting relentless in it

I think that is because close combat is supposed to be a mixture of actual hand to hand, short range shooting and grenade throwing rather Han just hth

Kiarr
24-02-2014, 16:06
I think that is because close combat is supposed to be a mixture of actual hand to hand, short range shooting and grenade throwing rather Han just hth

But these days grenades are used in the shooting phase as well, defencive grenades should help units being charged IMO and I agree pistol shooting is in close combat but using grenades once in close combat seems silly and would be better it if a unit armed with grenades could use them to throw in the shooting phase in order to butter up the unit that they are attacking (or even suppress overwatch maybe) instead of being able to use them somewhere your likely to blow your own face off

Menthak
24-02-2014, 22:48

Quick thought, LD test to throw Grenades in a CC where your opponent is fighting back?

agurus1
25-02-2014, 00:40
How is using Krak grenades in CC vs a tank/walker/MC and more ridiculous than doing it with a Melta bomb?