PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth getting Sentinels of Terra

Grand Master Azrael
23-02-2014, 19:31
Hey guys, basically,I want to know whether I should get Sentinels of Terra and perhaps even a few squads of Imperial Fists

Ironbone
23-02-2014, 19:55
Depends how rich you are :p. If enough to spend 30, you are free to go :p. Nothing in rules section is realy army changing compared to standard Imperial fist codex SM list, maybe outside ability to field centurion heavy armies, and slightly diffrent chapter tactics ( re-roll all misses against targets up to half range instead of re-rolling 1's on all distances ) Of 5 new relics ( and you can not combine SM and SoT ones ) maybe 2 are usable. Special character ( sergeant galardon ) is utter crap, and both missions and most stagems are nothing amazing. Only nice rules are warlord traits table.

Well, at least fluff is really decent :D.

DoctorTom
23-02-2014, 20:30
Supplements in general are worth it if you want the fluff. If you're only buying it for the rules you hae to decide if a couple of pages of rules are worth the price they're charging.

I'm glad to hear from Ironbone that the fluff's decent - I've been thinking of getting it for the both the fluff and the rules.

Grand Master Azrael
24-02-2014, 04:49
can you explain about the sergeant dude?

Ghazbad_Facestompa
24-02-2014, 04:57
Basically a Tactical Sergeant with Captain stats and a power fist. He and his tactical squad take up an HQ slot instead of Troops, as I recall (don't remember if they still score). Generally, I'd prefer to have a regular Captain and tactical squad for the cost; at least that opens up a command squad. I don't like Centurions, and I prefer regular bolter drill, so outside the (quite nice and Fisty) Warlord Traits, I can't say I'm overly fond of it.

Cap'n Shings
24-02-2014, 12:07
The fluff is a real good read, though I don't know how it matches up with older stuff. Think I fell in love with Tor Garadon a little bit....

There is not an abundance of rules but Short Range Bolter Drill can benefit drop pod/more aggressive armies. Being able to take Cents in the Elite slots means you can essentially take 6 heavy choices if your that way inclined.

Borgomos
24-02-2014, 12:19
I don't like it. At least Clan Raukaan adds something worthwhile into your army with the immortal Chapter Master build

Horus38
24-02-2014, 12:26
It's a very solid background book with some bonus special rules/missions. If you're interested in the Imperial Fists as a faction I'd say go for it.

Krucifus
24-02-2014, 14:54
I personally hated the fluff in it... The same Warsmith is now responsible for everything, in one of the worst cartoon villain imitations they've done yet. None of his 'plans' involve any preparation of any kind, he just has an inexhaustible supply of troops he will release wave after wave until Lysander eventually offs him.

The Daemon invasion of the Phalanx was stolen straight from the Soul Drinkers series, with none of the massive preparation that Daenyathos put into it. It all just felt very... cheap.

It all feels very Matt Wardian... too similar to the Draigo rubbish.

That said I am using their Chapter Tactics for my Fists, Droppods with Tac Squads with Heavy Bolters in are fun.

AngryAngel
24-02-2014, 15:03
It really depends on if you find supplements worth while, which can vary from person to person. If you do and can afford it, go for it.