PDA

View Full Version : Lore of #Thuglyfe and casualty regeneration.

Fupduck
24-02-2014, 09:54
So, GW in its great creativeness decided to give both High Elves, the Empire and other races that have access to the Lore of Life a para-Nehekharan Restless Dead spell (called Regrowth I think). It states that a Cavalry model can be regenerated with 2 wounds rather than one. However, say, I have a Cavalry unit which has lost 3 models. Say that my super-awsome Rincewind the wizard pulls off the spell, and I roll a three, therefore I get one guy back. Then, next turn, I use the same spell, and, because even Fate has a sense of humour, I roll a 3 again. Question is whether I get 2 cavalry dudes back or only 1, i.e. does the extra wound go to waste, or does the 1 regenerated wound that I got in the first turn be "stored" so that when I roll a 3 next turn, I get the 2 cavalry guys back.

So:

Turn 1: Roll three, get 3 wounds, resulting in 1 calvary dude back, leaving 1 "stored" wound.
Turn 2: Roll three, get 3 wounds, which, from the previous turn, amounts to 2 guys back, as I a total of 4 wounds back (3 from this turn and 1 from the previous turn).

The above is true or false?

Iridivus
24-02-2014, 10:09
The spell doesn't mention storing wounds, nor is it an ongoing effect. You cast the spell, you resolve the spell, end of. Alas, you only get one model back in each of those phases.

Fupduck
24-02-2014, 10:16
Aha. Gracias to you good Sir.

orionwoodking
25-02-2014, 07:56
The usual assumption with games workshop measurements is to round up. So i would say you get 1.5 models = 2 models

furrie
25-02-2014, 08:28
The usual assumption with games workshop measurements is to round up. So i would say you get 1.5 models = 2 models
It depens on the wording of the spell. If the spell states that for each two wounds you get a Cavalry back, its basically rounded down.

Iridivus
25-02-2014, 12:26
The spell reads that the unit "recovers D3 + 1 Wounds worth of models" with cavalry counting as 2. I don't think you can get back half a model, which is why I'd lean towards only 1 cavalry model back.

BattleofLund
25-02-2014, 23:22
However, say, I have a Cavalry unit which has lost 3 models. Say that my super-awsome Rincewind the wizard pulls off the spell, and I roll a three, therefore I get one guy back. Then, next turn, I use the same spell, and, because even Fate has a sense of humour, I roll a 3 again. Question is whether I get 2 cavalry dudes back or only 1, i.e. does the extra wound go to waste, or does the 1 regenerated wound that I got in the first turn be "stored" so that when I roll a 3 next turn, I get the 2 cavalry guys back.

So:

Turn 1: Roll three, get 3 wounds, resulting in 1 calvary dude back, leaving 1 "stored" wound.
Turn 2: Roll three, get 3 wounds, which, from the previous turn, amounts to 2 guys back, as I a total of 4 wounds back (3 from this turn and 1 from the previous turn).

The above is true or false?

You get a full unit of 20 Saurus armed with Repeater Crossbows. However, they will appear on the 2nd table over and be controlled by your classmate's pet parakeet.

Serves you right for getting Rincewind to do your magic.