PDA

View Full Version : Forgeworld imperial knight conversions...

rtmonkeyboy
24-02-2014, 12:37
Was thinking of doing conversions on the knight titan's to the "knight Lancer" & "knight castellan" variants, so thought I'd ring Forge world before I started and ask them if they had anything planned…

The reply I got was " nothing now, but something in the near future, obviously I can't give you any details…"

What do you guys think?

RT.

The Emperor
24-02-2014, 14:24
Hopefully Forge World will do some variants. It shouldn't be too difficult for the most part, since we're talking mainly weapon arms. If I remember right it should be as follows:

LEFT ARM: Power Fist, Power Lance, Quake Cannon
RIGHT ARM: Twin-Linked Lascannons, Autocannons

That should be fairly simple and allow for the creation of Knight Crusaders, Knight Castellans, Knight Lancers, and Barons.

Godzooky
24-02-2014, 15:23
They probably had a whole stack of knight goodies all ready to ship, but got scared they might get sued for measuring it wrongly. :shifty:

Azazyll
24-02-2014, 15:32
Hopefully we get some in-depth background on knights in one of the Horus Heresy books

Also, Chaos Knights

MajorWesJanson
24-02-2014, 16:14
I would highly doubt a full up Quake cannon. The thing has a 10" blast. And autocannons and lascannons are honestly kind of small now days. I could see similar weapons however.

The Emperor
24-02-2014, 16:16
Yeah, I was thinking of putting "Autocannons" in quotes when I wrote that. The thing looks more like a giant Assault Cannon, so maybe similar stats, but amped up a few degrees? As for the Quake Cannon, you never know. After all, in order to take it you'd have to give up a Str D melee weapon.

DoctorTom
24-02-2014, 16:17
I couldn't see Forge World not jumping into releasing conversions for the Knights. And possibly other knight bodies - I think it's only a question of whether GW or Forgeworld release the Slaanesh Knights, not a question of if they get released.

Hawkkf
24-02-2014, 16:30
I was wondering why they had gone through so much trouble making the frame for the knight so detailed when most of it is covered by the armored plating. If it is like the chimera, then it is already set up to take on multiple different add ons.

I would expect GW to only release the basic version and leave the rest to FW. I would expect to find out the same time the codex drops.

This has the opportunity to be the first 'codex' to feature both GW and FW kits. Along with the rumor of forgeworld being able to be ordered in US GW stores, I would rate this possibility as plausible, but only just.

Theis
24-02-2014, 16:32
Had a scroll through FW's face book feed, since I was discussing the knights with my gaming club, and was in the neighborhood, so to speak. Synopsis, taken directly from their "Recent posts by others on Forge World" feed, yes 30k incorporating knights will happen / is happening. There will be some stuff on them in Book 3 of the Heresy series they're doing. There will be some data and items before then, definitely data, possibly items, and we should expect to see some items, or at least item previews at FW open day which is on 30 March.

MajorWesJanson
24-02-2014, 16:35
Yeah, I was thinking of putting "Autocannons" in quotes when I wrote that. The thing looks more like a giant Assault Cannon, so maybe similar stats, but amped up a few degrees? As for the Quake Cannon, you never know. After all, in order to take it you'd have to give up a Str D melee weapon.

Ooh. I was just looking at the rules for the Sicaran, and an Accelerator Autocannon or a variant would do rather well. Or some sort of Megabolter in the 10 shot range. Maybe take this to General though before flooding the rumor thread.

All Cing Eye
24-02-2014, 16:46
Ooh. I was just looking at the rules for the Sicaran, and an Accelerator Autocannon or a variant would do rather well. Or some sort of Megabolter in the 10 shot range. Maybe take this to General though before flooding the rumor thread.

There are a tonne of possibilities and they'd be pretty easy to do. A few new weapon arms and maybe some unique faceplates.

Personally I'd like to see a lance arm and turbolaser arm.

ChromeZephyr
24-02-2014, 16:51
Personally I'd like to see a lance arm and turbolaser arm.

Is a Knight frame capable of holding a turbolaser? Seems a little undersized to be carrying a weapon of that magnitude.

MajorWesJanson
24-02-2014, 17:58
Is a Knight frame capable of holding a turbolaser? Seems a little undersized to be carrying a weapon of that magnitude.

Especially since the Shadowsword Volcano cannon is no different than a longer ranged turbolaser, and that is on a baneblade hull. A turbolaser would have to be scaled down even further, to small blast or no blast. And ranged D-weapons are bad for the game, at least until they fix D-weapons.

Hendarion
24-02-2014, 18:31
They are bad outside of Apocalypse. In Apoc they fit pretty well. Hefty maybe, but mostly targeted at other Super Heavies anyway.

Chem-Dog
24-02-2014, 19:53
I'm unsurprised but delighted by this news. As much as I love the Knights, they fell a little short of what I had expected (size and price aside), I'd hoped for a variety of weapons that simply didn't materialise. So while it's a shame the basic kit didn't have more options it's a blessing that FW are prepared to take u;pp the slack and produce what, I expect, will be exceptionally gorgeous components (if the titan guns are anything to go by).

I hope we see more than just arms. Add-on or replacement armour panels (not to mention heads) could be a great way to change the appearance of Knights. Especially Chaos friendly kits.

Khornies & milk
24-02-2014, 20:12

Perhaps on a Dreamforge Knight model moreso that a GW Knight....but I'd be all over such a conversion in a heartbeat, especially for a House-leading Baron.

Whatever conversions FW comes out with I'll be buying big time.

Commotionpotion
24-02-2014, 20:16
The fire support knights would be intriguing. Both mounted Quake Cannons (which I can see being scaled down to suped-up Vanquisher cannons or similar) but one mounted lascannons and the other a multiple rocket launcher. I can see these being reconfigured as laser destroyers and bigger thudd guns/quad launchers respectively.

Sent from my ST25i using Tapatalk

Everto
24-02-2014, 22:30
Maybe a neutron laser like the Sicaran Venator, that would be quite potent mounted on a knight.

Shibboleth
25-02-2014, 16:35
Was thinking of doing conversions on the knight titan's to the "knight Lancer" & "knight castellan" variants, so thought I'd ring Forge world before I started and ask them if they had anything planned…

The reply I got was " nothing now, but something in the near future, obviously I can't give you any details…"

What do you guys think?

RT.
Thanks for this info. It calms my mind a bit. :chrome: