Organ gun
Rune of forging

Ok so ungrim and slayers are the hard hitters

Grimm joins the thunderers
Runesmith joins the long beards

I still have 29 points left not sure where to put them any help would be great

Fle
26-02-2014, 10:53
I think you have room for a rune of spellbreaking. I would definitely include that.

I really like the rules for Ungrim and Grimm. In my last game Ungrim took a Bloodthirster down to 1 wound in a single round of combat! (and then got squished by Thunderstomp). Grimm also works really well when paired with the Organ Gun. I'd be tempted to remove the Rune of Forging and keep the Thunderers close to the Organ Gun, that way you can use Grimm's ability on the Organ Gun/Thunderers as you see fit.

Good to see you got a large unit of Slayers in there :D

Edit: Put the Rune of Forging on the Cannon rather than the Organ Gun - that's my advice.

lector#1
26-02-2014, 13:08
Ahk cool yeah ungrim has always been a top choice for me and with grimm providing the range hitting power ungrim just got better because he will be targeted less

Ramius4
26-02-2014, 13:18
Slayers can't carry Rune of Grungni. That rune can only be put on the Battle Standard Bearer.

There's also no reason not to include a Rune of Spellbreaking on the Runesmith.

Fle
26-02-2014, 13:25
Slayers can't carry Rune of Grungni. That rune can only be put on the Battle Standard Bearer.

Ungrim allows a unit of slayers to take a runic banner up to 100 points.

Ramius4
26-02-2014, 13:37
Ungrim allows a unit of slayers to take a runic banner up to 100 points.

Yes he does. But the Rune of Grungni states "battle standard bearer only." So the unit cannot take it.

Fle
26-02-2014, 13:43
Yes he does. But the Rune of Grungni states "battle standard bearer only." So the unit cannot take it.

Whoops, you're quite right.

Ramius4
26-02-2014, 14:09
To the OP... Put Strollaz rune on Slayers before anything else.

Every turn the Slayers aren't in combat is a wasted turn. Slayers NEED close combat. That's their protection from shooting/magic. For the few models Grungni would have saved, don't worry about trying to somehow fit it in. Spend the leftover points on more Slayers.

I would also advise you to consider combining the 10 Thunderers/Quarrellers into a single unit of one or the other. If you really want to capitalize on using Grimm's abilities with those units, you want to maximize the effects of that ability. I.e. would you rather re-roll to hit with 10 shots, or 20?

Also, be sure and get shields for Thunderers or Quarrellers.

InstantKarma
26-02-2014, 14:23
Also since you have Grimm, might make sense to drop the Rune of Forging and make it Rune of Accuracy if you can squeeze it in. Combined with Grimm you'll be hitting on 2's pretty much all the time.

Ramius4
26-02-2014, 14:44
Also since you have Grimm, might make sense to drop the Rune of Forging and make it Rune of Accuracy if you can squeeze it in. Combined with Grimm you'll be hitting on 2's pretty much all the time.

Well, you'll get a lot more bang for your buck using Grimm for the Thunderers to be honest. The Organ Gun can take care of itself. To put it another way, the Thunderers would be 20 guaranteed shots using his BS. The Organ Gun averages 12, but with some bad rolling, could benefit you much less. It's only +1 Strength over a handgun. You go with the sure thing.

Although you are correct, the Organ Gun doesn't need the Rune of Forging. Give it Accuracy, and put Forging on the Cannon (which does need it)

Fle
26-02-2014, 17:18
Well, you'll get a lot more bang for your buck using Grimm for the Thunderers to be honest. The Organ Gun can take care of itself. To put it another way, the Thunderers would be 20 guaranteed shots using his BS. The Organ Gun averages 12, but with some bad rolling, could benefit you much less. It's only +1 Strength over a handgun. You go with the sure thing.

I don't think the Thunderers can use Grimm's BS when shooting, only the Warmachines can benefit from his BS. Grimm can add 6" to their range or allow the unit to re-roll their hits.