PDA

View Full Version : Ork Players: What would you like out of a "big model"?

The Emperor
26-02-2014, 15:47
The Tau have the Riptide, the Eldar have the Wraithknight, and now the Imperium has the Imperial Knight. So I was wondering, what would Ork players like to see if they were to get a big model along those lines? I.E. A 5-6 Wound Monstrous Creature/5-6 Hull Point Super Heavy Walker (Not a Lord of War)?

Would you like something along the lines of the Forge World Mega Dread? Essentially a beefed up and overpowered Deff Dread?

Or would you like to see a shrunken down Stompa? Something around 6" tall with fewer guns, I.E. the Titan Legions Stomper. As you can see from these pics the Stompers are pretty much the same size as the Imperial Knight.

Or would you prefer to go in an entirely different direction and get a Squiggoth instead?

Or hell, do you want them all? This poll allows for multiple options, so you can vote for more than one item on the list. So what say you, Ork players? :)

Horus38
26-02-2014, 15:53
Besides the Stompa kit they already have :p I think a mega dread variant would be the most fitting scale up/down to fill that gap in the line.

The Emperor
26-02-2014, 15:55
Besides the Stompa kit they already have :p

Yeah, I'm talking about something in the Wraithknight/Riptide/Imperial Knight range which doesn't fall into the Lord of War slot. :)

Camman1984
26-02-2014, 15:55
Dont the orks already have a plastic stompa model made by GW? Maybe take away and ranged D weapon options and call it a day. Would be very similar in principle to the knight, a big scary walker with big guns. A mega dread would be cool, as would a squiggoth, but have found previous squiggoth rules to be a bit lacklustre so wouldnt have faith.

How about a giant battlewagon, similar to thr forgeworld ork battle fortess (iirc) give it battlewagon armour, 6/8 HP and invincible behemoth. Would be dangerous and tough from the front but vulnerable enough from flanks and rear to balance it.

Horus38
26-02-2014, 16:06
Yeah, I'm talking about something in the Wraithknight/Riptide/Imperial Knight range which doesn't fall into the Lord of War slot. :)

I know, it was more poking fun at the thread title :)

DoctorTom
26-02-2014, 16:36
I figure at some point they might put out a conversion pack with some different weapons and some orky sigils to make a Looted Knight.

Yes, it could be done without it, but a pack with some gubbins in there to help with the looted look would be nice, throw in some grot oiler/rigger types to fit on the outside, things like that. Actually a general conversion pack that could be used for just about any vehicle would be fun and might be a good seller, now that they've shut down a lot of the 3 party bitz sellers.

MajorWesJanson
26-02-2014, 16:38
Squiggoth. And if GW is smart, they will do a base squiggoth model, and have armor plates/howdah/crew separate, so they can make a fantasy and 40K version. Keep the base model, change the other sprues.

Stompers are gone. They got merged with the Big Mek Stompa and grew into a scout titan scale.
Mega dred is awesome, but I'd like to see normal Deff Dreds and Killa kans get a tad better instead of adding another variant in plastic. Maybe bump their armor up a bit, KKans to say 11/10/10 and Deff Dreds to 13/12/10

Theocracity
26-02-2014, 16:45
If they decide on a codex centerpiece release for Orks, which I'm not convinced they will, my preference would be towards the Squiggoth-type. They could even do a few variants - a standard gun-and-transport one, a Wyrdboy chariot-throne for the Snakebites, or even a Burna-toting variant for the pyros.

The Emperor
26-02-2014, 17:21
Eh, I wouldn't write out the Stompers just yet. After all, how many people really thought Imperial Knights would ever make it into standard 40k? And if they're built to their proper size then we're talking about this sort of scale.

That's plenty doable. And we are talking about the army which has both the Killa Kan and the Deff Dread.

Chem-Dog
26-02-2014, 17:22
This non Ork player would prefer to see a Squiggoth, just for something a bit different to the varying grades of fightin' robots.

Ruination Drinker
26-02-2014, 17:23
Gimmie a smaller version of a Stompa' with a Multiple Barrage Battle Cannon and transport capacity of 30, and an HQ that can take them as dedicated transports. That oughta sell a ton of models.

Theocracity
26-02-2014, 17:30
This non Ork player would prefer to see a Squiggoth, just for something a bit different to the varying grades of fightin' robots.

Agreed - we Orks are already spoiled for choice in our selection of fightin' robots. I don't see any need to add more, just because Knights exist.

The Emperor
26-02-2014, 17:35
The Squiggoth would be my #1 choice, as well, as it's so original. I voted for all of them, though, as I don't see why Orks shouldn't have all three. All three of them totally fit in with the character of the Orks, and one imagines that the mechs build the biggest thing possible with whatever materials are at hand, so they should have robots of all sizes, from Killa Kans all the way up to Gargants.

Camman1984
26-02-2014, 17:39
A big transort would be cool, that way it is still about the boyz. I dont want 40k to just be two lines of giant robots fighting, in epic i loved infantry/tank battles amd found titan legion battles dull. I watched a 1000 point battle of Eldar versus necrons yesterday. Both players had an imperial knight.

insectum7
26-02-2014, 17:46
Another vote for Squiggoth! They did the elephant thing for LOTR, after all.

Oh, and bring back BoarBoyz, while we're at it.

Timathius
26-02-2014, 18:44
it seems that the squiggoth is running away with this one

Losing Command
26-02-2014, 18:51
If Orks get a squiggoth I'll definitly have to start collecting them :D Not shure if that's a good thing though :evilgrin:

Hrw-Amen
26-02-2014, 18:53
Well I have a few stompas and Mega-dreds, but plastic options for a Mega-dred would be good. The trouble with a Squiggoth is that it feels very feral ork and I like my orks to be rather more tank than feral.

totgeboren
26-02-2014, 18:55
Squiggoth. I already got a Stomper, since I built a Stompa before they had rules and a model, and I based mine on the old Epic model. If it was not in a dynamic position, it would be just over 6" tall, so like a Knight.
Also Orks already have a Stompa, so a mini-Stompa wouldn't really fill that much of a niche.
The Mega-Dread already has a nice model, though it would need to grow a bit bigger to be able to go toe-to-toe with other big things, I mean, it's not really that much better than a Contemptor, and those are just glorified Dreads anyway. So it would need to grow into an old-school stompa. If the model looked like the Mega-Dread, but was the same size as an old stompa, it could work I guess. but orks have too many walkers as it is. kans, dreads, two kinds of mega-dreads and Stompas with lots of configurations.
So a Squiggoth it is, but I'm not sure I would buy one. Probably not. I would maybe buy a really big Ork tank though, like the FW Ork Kill Tanks. :)

Slowpoke
26-02-2014, 18:56
Another vote for the mega dread. I just don't find the squiggoth appealing, and in my opinion it just doesn't fit in the aesthetics of an ork army as it is. Unless they revamp the codex properly and bring back boar boyz and the like so that it would fit right in. But that's just me.

The thing I would really like for a big model is a big-ass tank with tons of kannons and big shootas bursting all over the contraption.

gwarsh41
26-02-2014, 19:11
I think Squiggoth would be best. With the way GW is taking the whole MC/Walker merger it is time we had a tank/MC mix too. Give it the firepower of Leman russ but the toughness of a tervigon!

Chem-Dog
26-02-2014, 19:25
Another vote for Squiggoth! They did the elephant thing for LOTR, after all.

Oh, and bring back BoarBoyz, while we're at it.

Conceptually I love BoarBoys, but I wonder if they really fit in 40K now. A suitably viscous looking Squig-steed might be a more interesting concept to follow.

A bespoke steed would also be easier to "scale up" for Nobs/Bosses/Warbosses too.

Theocracity
26-02-2014, 19:25
Another vote for the mega dread. I just don't find the squiggoth appealing, and in my opinion it just doesn't fit in the aesthetics of an ork army as it is. Unless they revamp the codex properly and bring back boar boyz and the like so that it would fit right in. But that's just me.

I know I'm in the minority on this, but I really don't feel like boar boyz fit 40K Orks. The fact that they existed in past versions of the game is kind of irrelevant to me. They fit fine in Fantasy, where orcs live on a single world that boars also exist on. But in 40K, if its not orkoid in nature I don't see why they'd be in wide use across the galaxy. Squigs and squiggoths are orkoid, so they're fine to me as they'd grow with the rest of the Ork ecosystem.

I have no problem with people who like biker conversions with boars and stuff, of course, it's just not my cup of tea.

The thing I would really like for a big model is a big-ass tank with tons of kannons and big shootas bursting all over the contraption.

A proper looted wagon might be interesting, especially if they make it a main line battle tank instead of a watered down transport.

Ruination Drinker
26-02-2014, 19:32
Conceptually I love BoarBoys, but I wonder if they really fit in 40K now. A suitably viscous looking Squig-steed might be a more interesting concept to follow.

A bespoke steed would also be easier to "scale up" for Nobs/Bosses/Warbosses too.

Er....

And I supposes it's so grimdark/thematic to have the Space Coyotes in PA riding Cyber-puppies.

Theocracity
26-02-2014, 19:46
Er....

And I supposes it's so grimdark/thematic to have the Space Coyotes in PA riding Cyber-puppies.

I have no problem with them, actually. It fits with the Viking legend style that SW cultivate, and are fluff wise much fewer in number than Orks. I have no problem with gonzo, impractical ideas when they're at least consistent to the setting. We know where SW get their thunderwolves from - how would a random bunch of snakebites growing from spores get their hands on boars from anywhere in the galaxy?

Slowpoke
26-02-2014, 19:49
I know I'm in the minority on this, but I really don't feel like boar boyz fit 40K Orks. The fact that they existed in past versions of the game is kind of irrelevant to me. They fit fine in Fantasy, where orcs live on a single world that boars also exist on. But in 40K, if its not orkoid in nature I don't see why they'd be in wide use across the galaxy. Squigs and squiggoths are orkoid, so they're fine to me as they'd grow with the rest of the Ork ecosystem.

Agreed. Back in 2nd edition when I started orks their concept was, should I say, more closely knit with their fantasy brothers so it was obvious that 40k orks should have boarz and squiggoths. But yeah, I really don't think they have any place in the ork army nowadays.

dangerboyjim
26-02-2014, 20:07
Another vote for Squiggoth!

I've got a feeling the Stompa will be in the codex anyway the way things are going...

Chem-Dog
26-02-2014, 20:27
Er....

So you're saying Space Wolves have a dire-awful "themed" cavalry mount so everyone else should have as little thought put into their steeds too? :p

Seems logical to plumb the established fact that Orks have Squigs.
If nothing else it means there's something bigger than an Attack Squig for Squiggoths to grow from.

Ruination Drinker
26-02-2014, 20:35
So you're saying Space Wolves have a dire-awful "themed" cavalry mount so everyone else should have as little thought put into their steeds too? :p

Seems logical to plumb the established fact that Orks have Squigs.
If nothing else it means there's something bigger than an Attack Squig for Squiggoths to grow from.

Dire-awful! I'm stealing that.

Orks should totally have cav of some sort, but from a competitive standpoint, so should everyone else. Beast Cav is soooo good on the charge. Why do Dark Eldar have Beastmasters, but no Beast Riders? Right? If they have the EQ of Cold One riders that would be Dire-Amazing!

DoctorTom
26-02-2014, 21:05
I think Squiggoth would be best. With the way GW is taking the whole MC/Walker merger it is time we had a tank/MC mix too. Give it the firepower of Leman russ but the toughness of a tervigon!

Given that direction, it's also time to roll out the Exodites (at least the big dinos with Eldar weapons platforms) as well as the Squiggoths.

Maybe not a squiggoth, but either a large MC or Knight/dred type thing that we could call Grotzilla would be fun.

The Emperor
26-02-2014, 21:06
A boar-like squig creature which is called a boar would be great. I'd love to see some Boar Boyz again, but I'm not terribly hung up on the idea of them riding around on actual pigs, and would be fine with them riding around on squigs that look like pigs. :p

Theocracity
26-02-2014, 21:14
A boar-like squig creature which is called a boar would be great. I'd love to see some Boar Boyz again, but I'm not terribly hung up on the idea of them riding around on actual pigs, and would be fine with them riding around on squigs that look like pigs. :p

I'm more comfortable with that, though if they make the boars orkoid I'm not sure why they wouldn't just keep them visually consistent with other squig / squiggoths types - that is, lizard-like rather than pig-like. And at that point why call them boars, except as a nickname?

Ozendorph
26-02-2014, 21:28
Squiggoth for sure. Snakebites everywhere will rejoice

Chem-Dog
26-02-2014, 21:38
Dire-awful! I'm stealing that.

Ok, but if you misuse it, I'll cry.

Orks should totally have cav of some sort, but from a competitive standpoint, so should everyone else.

Noooooooo! 40K has got too much like this lately, everybody should not have access to everything. Different factions should have different strengths but be equally defined by their weaknesses.
As it stands Orks suit Cavalry because it speaks to their simple brutality, it complements the idea that they don't really have reliable technology and because a monster riding a monster = Monster3.

Beast Cav is soooo good on the charge. Why do Dark Eldar have Beastmasters, but no Beast Riders? Right?

Like the Dark Eldar would deign to make physical contact with anything they can enslave! Riding on the backs of beasts is something the lesser races do, not the lords of Commorragh.

If they have the EQ of Cold One riders that would be Dire-Amazing!

:cries:

All Cing Eye
26-02-2014, 22:43

Me too, I'd love for the Orks to get a proper tank, it doesn't even have to be a giant kit, something inbetween a Leman Russ and a Landraider is size would be perfect.

26-02-2014, 23:27
I don't really think orks need cavalry - they have bikers, which fill the same essential niche. I'd rather have good rules for bikers rather than the same old bikers and also boar-squigs.

I'd rather a big tank than another big walker, honestly.

Kakapo42
26-02-2014, 23:41
What should the Orks get for a big centrepiece model?

Well, itz got ta be real big, 'uge in fact. Big enuff ta squash all da uvver wunz flat. Den itz also got ta be ded 'ard, enuff ta handle all of da enemy's shootiest gitz. It also needz ta be mega killy, wiv lodsa choppy gubbinz all ova. And it needz ta hav plenty o' room fer all da Boyz as well. An finaly, it needz ta hav tons and tons of supa big real shooty and blasty gunz ta giv it lotz and lotz and lotz o' dakka!

Ya knowz wot, zog it, I wantz me a Battle Fortress.

Paint it Red
27-02-2014, 01:01
As an non ork player I would like to see a squiggoth for the big walker but not a lord of war slot. I would like Orks also to get a gunfortress/battlefortress kit but this would be larger than a baneblade.

MajorWesJanson
27-02-2014, 02:24
As an non ork player I would like to see a squiggoth for the big walker but not a lord of war slot. I would like Orks also to get a gunfortress/battlefortress kit but this would be larger than a baneblade.

Well, they could always take the two baneblade track unit sprues and use them as a base, and then add orky sprues for the main body, sponsons, armor plates, ect.

underhivetrader
27-02-2014, 04:48
Not really sure, they all would be awesome to see in the dex. A dedicated transport with a capacity of say 32 would be all kinds of win for my evil sunz.

Sent from my GT-S7500T using Tapatalk 2

tezdal
27-02-2014, 04:49
Meh personally don't care for Big Shiny Expensive models, and us just convert one up myself if they did release something, although I would enjoy some Cyboars to converting

nosebiter
27-02-2014, 05:15
Either a bigger mega dread "supa dread?" Or some kind of battle fortress with a bajillion options in the box, for both looks and loadout.

gitburna
27-02-2014, 19:28
Something else based from Epic. There were tons of named battlewagon type vehicles of varying sizes...the squig catapult towers...wierdboy towers (you don't even have to say its psychic, just have it work like a zzap gun or shokk attack gun)...or medium size heavily armed things like the speedstas or fast vehicles for the kults of speed/mekboys

Sent from my Nokia 920 using Tapatalk

All Cing Eye
27-02-2014, 22:55
Meh personally don't care for Big Shiny Expensive models, and us just convert one up myself if they did release something, although I would enjoy some Cyboars to converting

Exactly. Orks don't need a big giant kit. They already have the Stompa and the Battlewagon. A nice medium size kit, with multiple builds, and some sort of compatibility with other plastic kits would be great.

Greyhound
28-02-2014, 00:16
I'm a snakebite at heart and I already have the big squiggoth. I have been holding off buying more of those babies because I am really hopping we, orks, get a monstrous creature. If anyone in the galaxy should have plethora of those it's the nids and the orks in my mind. Not mecha-robots with fudged up stats.

So my vote went for a squiggoth , ideally between the "big" and "gargantuan" ones.
I think the Dreads need new rules, and hopefully that can be done without new models. I would buy the whole dred band from IA8, and rebuild my army from the bottom up if I had a chance to be competitive. Right now it looks like a huge $$$ investment for little benefits.

For tanks, I never understood why they can't put a box, the size of the BW, with the same amount of sprue of looted bits, you can tack on other vehicles. That means ork players would have to:
1) buy a tank (like everyone) and
2) buy this sprue to ork - it up and change it up.
There's profit for GWS and they are becoming so clever with bits these days they would totally make this look amazing.

The Emperor
28-02-2014, 02:08
Ah, Stomper. I'm sorry I made you a poll option, since it seems you're the short chunky kid nobody wants to pick for their dodgeball team. :P

DoctorTom
28-02-2014, 21:44
Either a bigger mega dread "supa dread?" Or some kind of battle fortress with a bajillion options in the box, for both looks and loadout.

With a Mega Deff Rolla that's a D Weapon?

nosebiter
28-02-2014, 21:50
With a Mega Deff Rolla that's a D Weapon?

More like the ork version of the Spartan.

But a superheavy, like the knight, would also be awesome

Langdon
28-02-2014, 22:19
Ah, Stomper. I'm sorry I made you a poll option, since it seems you're the short chunky kid nobody wants to pick for their dodgeball team. :P
It didnt dodge the wrench.

totgeboren
01-03-2014, 08:45
However, had the poll contained a 'Uge Tank, I think that one might have placed second, or even won. Squiggoths aren't that popular, Mega-Dreads are already available and they are not that big, and the Stomper would just be a slightly smaller Stompa, which isn't really that novel, not to mention that with the current GW pricing, the new smaller Stomper would have to be more expensive than the current big Stompa. Kinda hard sell.

The closest Orks got to a proper tank is by using IA:8 and buying a Battlewagon with a supacannon. Also Big Trakks from the same publication can be used as medium tanks with a hard top and a big gun. Ork players have been missing the option for proper ork tanks since 3ed, and by looking at epic, orks have a huge variety of different tanks. Oddly enough non except the battlewagon transport is avaible in 40k though, even though they are standard 40k scale.

A tank, not a transport that you can add extra guns to. Just an orky tank.

Kakapo42
01-03-2014, 08:54
The closest Orks got to a proper tank is by using IA:8 and buying a Battlewagon with a supacannon. Also Big Trakks from the same publication can be used as medium tanks with a hard top and a big gun. Ork players have been missing the option for proper ork tanks since 3ed, and by looking at epic, orks have a huge variety of different tanks. Oddly enough non except the battlewagon transport is avaible in 40k though, even though they are standard 40k scale.

A tank, not a transport that you can add extra guns to. Just an orky tank.

What about the Kill Krusha?

misterboff
01-03-2014, 09:40
Eh, I wouldn't write out the Stompers just yet. After all, how many people really thought Imperial Knights would ever make it into standard 40k? And if they're built to their proper size then we're talking about this sort of scale.

That's plenty doable. And we are talking about the army which has both the Killa Kan and the Deff Dread.

I'd love a plastic Mega/Meka Dread as a 1 per FOC slot choice, and bump Deff Dreads to 1-3 and Killa Kans to 1-5. At a Riptide size/price it wouldn't be too dissimilar to the Forge World one, although that may be a reason not to do it.

I can't see them producing a smaller Stompa, as the current one is already bigger and cheaper than the Imperial Knight. Who would pay £85 for a small Stompa when you can pay £70 for a big Stompa? Sorry to bring pricing in this, but I feel that's a very relevant point.

RanaldLoec
01-03-2014, 10:34
What ever Orks get it better go

Dakka dakka dakka Dakka chop chop chop chop, zoooooooooooooom, krump, BOOOOOOOOOOOM!

HUH HUH HUH HUH DAT WAZ FUN.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

09philj
01-03-2014, 15:54
What ever Orks get it better go

Dakka dakka dakka Dakka chop chop chop chop, zoooooooooooooom, krump, BOOOOOOOOOOOM!

HUH HUH HUH HUH DAT WAZ FUN.

Or occasionally zoink, boing, crunch, or ZOGGIN' 'ECK!

Theocracity
01-03-2014, 16:34
What about the Kill Krusha?

While those are more proper tanks, they are all superheavies. Though with the inclusion of Knights being a non-LoW superheavy I suppose there's a possibility of them getting shifted about in 7th. In all honesty I would expect that if Orks get a new tank it wouldn't be one of those.

TheBearminator
01-03-2014, 16:53
I must say, as "simple" as it is in its design, I love the Stompa. But I wouldn't like them to make a mini stompa. Give us something new, and if they decide to do a walker, make it different.

But the thing is we already have dreadnoughts, killa kanz and the Stompa. How about a massive tank instead? Something baneblade sized, but not as simple as a looted "blade". The battle wagon is beautiful and and has a unique design but it's not as big as it could be.

Regardless, I want a vehicle. Something I can airbrush and weather the hell out of. Not a squiggot.

MajorWesJanson
01-03-2014, 20:28
I must say, as "simple" as it is in its design, I love the Stompa. But I wouldn't like them to make a mini stompa. Give us something new, and if they decide to do a walker, make it different.

But the thing is we already have dreadnoughts, killa kanz and the Stompa. How about a massive tank instead? Something baneblade sized, but not as simple as a looted "blade". The battle wagon is beautiful and and has a unique design but it's not as big as it could be.

Regardless, I want a vehicle. Something I can airbrush and weather the hell out of. Not a squiggot.

I want to see a squiggoth, but I would also love to see FW or GW use the Battlewagon kit as a base for some variant vehicles- there was an awesome concept art for a weirdboy tower that would replace the troop bay on the wagon.

Born Again
01-03-2014, 22:19
I voted Squiggoth, for obvious reasons. They'd be the coolest of the options to have, and be something different to define the Orks rather than having Ork robot/ Eldar robot/ Tau robot/ Human robot.

My actual #1 preference, though, would be to have none of them and instead give more attention to smaller models, as Orks could do with so many of them. I'm not a fan of the trend where many of the models on the board are bigger than the terrain.

azza88
01-03-2014, 23:07
Squiggoth, it would make a break in the big kits being all metal and the fact the forge world kit is quite nice already

tezdal
01-03-2014, 23:48
All I really, really, really want is plastic Meganobz

MusingWarboss
02-03-2014, 00:58
A Squiggoth would be cool, though it's very Feral Ork (or Snakebite as I prefer to call them) so it probably wouldn't fit into most of the design aesthetics they've gone for these days. If anything it'd just be a tank on the back of a Squiggoth (which, admittedly would be awesomely cool). But I do hope we get back more of the old Snakebite stuff, it was the clan that got the most culling of units from 2nd to 3rd.

A proper Stomper makes sense, except they've already done it much larger than they needed to for Apocalypse. If it wasn't for Escalation I'd assume that they could release a Stomper for the new Codex and rename the other one a Mekboy Gargant, or just Gargant. That box is quite an old package design so I can well imagine them updating the art. The option of taking three Knight size Stompers would be brilliant and more appropriate size on usual 40k tables of 6'x4' or 8'x4'. Then again, if Escalation gets rolled into a new 7th Edition the names could be changed and a FAQ pushed out for the old book.

Maybe give us a nice vehicle that isn't just "Trukk" or "Battlewagon". The names have just become very generic now to cover almost any option. Convenient for conversions I suppose but if they're mining the pool of old Epic models then let's have a proper Gobsmasha model, or a Bowelburna, Spleenrippa or Skullkrusha! The imperial forces get new vehicles based on Rhinos but they have unique profiles, we Ork players get a DIY generic profile to cover us. Let's have a look at some of these big weapons that other have got, strap them onto a specific vehicle and give us a tasty model!! How would the Marine players like it if they just had "Rhino. Now add your weapons. It's still a Rhino though, none of this Whirlwind or Predator rubbish."

Problem is with the legitimising (or integration if you want a nicer term) of Forgeworld into GW I don't see them making plastic versions of currently available Forgeworld units unless demand is very very high (plastic Thunderhawk anyone?). So that makes the MegaDread or the Mek version unlikely! as well as the Squiggoths. They also have tanks, though they're just tanks not recreations of the classic Epic units.

Saying all this I think there's plenty for them to still plasticise, like the Nobz mobs (a centurion style box no doubt), the Big Gunz (three chassis in the box and an option to make Lobbas, Zappas or Kannons), a dual kit for something, probably Kommandos and Tankbustas. The Flash Gitz. So unless they're being generous I reckons well see new plastic versions of Finecast troops, a couple of plastic clam pack HQ units and fingers crossed for the mooted 7th Edition Ork bonanza in the boxed game.

Axel
02-03-2014, 08:44
I voted for Dread and Stompa - no place in my Mek-whaag for Squiggoths.

The Stompa from GW has one major disadvantage - two of them look identical. Its hard to customize this in a way that this is not glaringly obvious.

As for Dreads, I am content with the FW stuff, but more variety is never amiss.

If given a free choice, however, I would like to get a battle fortress of Baneblade size. A stompa that really can be customized would come in handy, too. And of course the big bommas they did for Aeronautica would look perfect, too.

the1stpip
02-03-2014, 11:06
I would rather have a Mega Dread, and then see a Snakebite supplement with a Squiggoth. I have wanted a proper Snakebite army for a long time.

Born Again
02-03-2014, 11:28
I voted for Dread and Stompa - no place in my Mek-whaag for Squiggoths.

No, what you need is a Cyber-Squiggoth! :chrome:

The Stompa from GW has one major disadvantage - two of them look identical. Its hard to customize this in a way that this is not glaringly obvious.

But you're right here. It was probably somewhat limited by the fact it was one of the first really big kits they did, I've never seen the sprues so not sure how they are for space, but it would be nice if there was weapon options, different face plates, and maybe a belly gun variant like the FW kit. There's the 2 different belly/ chest plates, but overall one Stompa pretty much looks like another, which doesn't seem right given their orky construction.

Langdon
02-03-2014, 15:19

But you're right here. It was probably somewhat limited by the fact it was one of the first really big kits they did, I've never seen the sprues so not sure how they are for space, but it would be nice if there was weapon options, different face plates, and maybe a belly gun variant like the FW kit. There's the 2 different belly/ chest plates, but overall one Stompa pretty much looks like another, which doesn't seem right given their orky construction.

the thing with orks though is that they are an army pretty much created for conversion..

Don't like your stompa? add stuff to it, take stuff off.. now the ImpKnights are out you can borrow weapons and other gubbins.

if you really are daring.. loot a warhound and turn it into a stompa.

I really hope it is a Squig variant of some kind.. wetehr it is a Sguiggoth or some fancy squig launcher.. something akin to the mangler squigs in 40k.. and let them be customisable enough to convert and use bits across the range.

Kakapo42
02-03-2014, 20:02
I actually expect to see an influx of looted Knights as counts-as Stompas. They even have the right weapons loadout for it (repeating battle-cannon=Deff Kannon, reaper chainsword=close combat weapon, heavy stubbers=big shootas).

TheBearminator
02-03-2014, 20:39
This is an interesting topic. The trend since the Riptide is aparantly that all armies should have a heavy walker.

The thing with Orks though is that they have access to so many walkers and other bipedal armoured things already. And they're not forgeworld, they're GW plastic kits taking up place in the shelves already. In contrast to most armies, Orks have access to mini dreadnoughts (killa kanz), besides their regular dreads. I believe these models were the last update in the Ork range. And then of course Orks have a super heavy walker, the quite awesome Stompa. Even this one is pretty new, and plastic. Then we're waiting for plastic manz, which are not walkers but I expect them to be quite massive, maybe the size of centurions (which aren't much smaller than a SM dreadnought).

So I don't think a new size of walker is what the Orks need. I'd rather see something different. Does anyone agree?

MajorWesJanson
02-03-2014, 20:52

The sprue is not as separated as the Baneblade one, but GW could always add another sprue or two with more weapon options, different facepllates, and a belly gun attachment and bump the Stompa to Baneblade price (or Lord of War/Tesseract Vault price if they add 2 new sprues)

nosebiter
02-03-2014, 20:57
I really dislike the stompa kit. The kit is really klunky and unfun to build. It only looks good with the belly gun plate, klaw arm and zzaapp gun head from FW added to it.

TheBearminator
03-03-2014, 07:40
I really dislike the stompa kit. The kit is really klunky and unfun to build. It only looks good with the belly gun plate, klaw arm and zzaapp gun head from FW added to it.

I agree it should have weapon options. Most of all I'd like to see a beefy cannon. I actually thought there were a few options in the kit already but you're right. However I don't like the belly gun, and most of the forgeworld Stompa weapon arms don't appeal to me, think they look to weak. The metal dress looks good on its own though, at least if well chipped and weathered.

Kingly
03-03-2014, 15:46
Damn post got deleted...

I'd vote for option D - Super Heavy vehicle that fits in a Heavy Support slot 1-3

I'm sick and tired of not being able to field a decent amount of heavy support in an Ork Army, I see an IG player across the field and he's toting 9 Leman russ, all I can bring is a measly…6 ish Battle Waggons that don't really cut the mustard.

A nice juicy Super Heavy vehicle in the Heavy Support slot that's 1-3 per click, GW are in a win win as well because we might well buy them up in bulk, it would also give us a different way of playing. "So you're a sit back and shoot Ork player huh? Mmmm, interesting…"

I would not lilt to see the Squiggoth, I don't think it would work.

Also this is all wish listing, as 40K radio have already listed the releases haven't they? And they've all been 100% so far?

Theocracity
03-03-2014, 15:48
Also this is all wish listing, as 40K radio have already listed the releases haven't they? And they've all been 100% so far?

If you've seen specific Ork rumors from 40K Radio, please link them. I'm not aware of anything besides codex release timeline.

Kingly
03-03-2014, 15:52
If you've seen specific Ork rumors from 40K Radio, please link them. I'm not aware of anything besides codex release timeline.

Oh maybe I'm wrong then? Sorry mate, I thought that was official 40K radio stuff which listed…Plastic Mega Armoured Nobs, bugger me I can't remember the rest...

Theocracity
03-03-2014, 15:56
Oh maybe I'm wrong then? Sorry mate, I thought that was official 40K radio stuff which listed…Plastic Mega Armoured Nobs, bugger me I can't remember the rest...

Heh, no worries. I'm pretty sure most talk of specific kits are in the 'widely expected' bucket instead of the 'reliable rumor' one. The only reliable rumor I'm aware of is that the release is expected for June-ish.

Kingly
03-03-2014, 16:05
Yes, that I heard last night whilst painting my Empire dudes, not sure which Popdcast it was though, either Garagehammer or 40K Radio.

But yes anyway, can we increase the poll to suggest a super heavy tank for the Orks?

Oots
03-03-2014, 17:06
Like a lot of people, I'd like to see a proper dedicated tank for Orks (I guess a big one, to fit the premise of this thread). But GW have resisted doing this for so long, I'm thinking it must be a deliberate design choice.

I wouldn't want a smaller Stompa. I picture the gargant family as being basically walking battleships - something with an engine room, internal decks, lots of grots running back and forth, so you need to be at least a certain size for that concept to work. I think I prefer "big deff dredd" to "tiny gargant", conceptually speaking.

Kingly
03-03-2014, 17:12
Yea I agree with Oots, basically I think the walker slots have been filled really well with what we have, what we don't have now are Tanks, which would be great thank you please :) (I'll shut up noW)

MusingWarboss
03-03-2014, 19:33
Problem with GW's approach is that they've passed off the tank building to us Ork players. Look at the options available for the Trukk, Battlewagon and Looted Wagon. They've gone out of their way to stuff as many options in as possible so that Ork players can convert or scratch build any of the older Epic vehicles and you can find an option to stuff in to make it. If this mooted 7th edition arrives with Escalation embedded then our next Codex will be a 7th Edition one and you never know, Battlewagons may get a couple of added weapon types (like a D-Weapon) or just direct access to the FW resin additions without having to get a FW book, like this:

This isn't to say I woudn't like actual proper vehicles from GW, I do - see my earlier post, I just don't think GW want the effort when they know that they've given you the basics now and they expect you to assemble to taste. :(

If there had been a vehicle option in the poll I'd have chosen it.

endless
03-03-2014, 19:54
It may not be 'what I want' but, as to what they'll get, the only open slot really is something along the lines of the new Gyrocopter kit. Orks seem to have generally 'looked after' by GW in terms of plastic kits and the DeffKopter is the only thing missing now, vehicle-wise. Now, if Forgeworld were to make a Gargant...

MusingWarboss
03-03-2014, 21:24
It may not be 'what I want' but, as to what they'll get, the only open slot really is something along the lines of the new Gyrocopter kit. Orks seem to have generally 'looked after' by GW in terms of plastic kits and the DeffKopter is the only thing missing now, vehicle-wise. Now, if Forgeworld were to make a Gargant...

Plastic Deffcoptas were in 5th Edition, which is why there is no current kit. The old Gorkamorka metal one is there for those who like balancing heavy metal models atop a thin acrylic pole.

Hope we do get plastic Deffcoptas again, with all the options. A ForgeWorld Gargant eh? Have a spare £2000 do you?

MajorWesJanson
03-03-2014, 22:38
Problem with GW's approach is that they've passed off the tank building to us Ork players. Look at the options available for the Trukk, Battlewagon and Looted Wagon. They've gone out of their way to stuff as many options in as possible so that Ork players can convert or scratch build any of the older Epic vehicles and you can find an option to stuff in to make it. If this mooted 7th edition arrives with Escalation embedded then our next Codex will be a 7th Edition one and you never know, Battlewagons may get a couple of added weapon types (like a D-Weapon) or just direct access to the FW resin additions without having to get a FW book, like this:

This isn't to say I woudn't like actual proper vehicles from GW, I do - see my earlier post, I just don't think GW want the effort when they know that they've given you the basics now and they expect you to assemble to taste. :(

If there had been a vehicle option in the poll I'd have chosen it.

The Lifta-Droppa battlewagon is the worst of the possible options FW could have released, both in aestetics and rules. They had concept art for 3-4 options, including an awesome wyrdboy tower, and went with the spindly ugly gun with overpowered rules instead.

Theocracity
03-03-2014, 22:45
The Lifta-Droppa battlewagon is the worst of the possible options FW could have released, both in aestetics and rules. They had concept art for 3-4 options, including an awesome wyrdboy tower, and went with the spindly ugly gun with overpowered rules instead.

Yeah, I really don't like the lifta-droppa.

As for your note about Wyrdboy towers - I personally think that would be better mounted on a Squiggoth of some sort. It could fit the snakebite theme a bit better.

Regarding an Ork tank - how would you all feel if, instead of providing a new model, GW gave proper tank options for the battlewagon? Say, with a buffed kill kannon profile?

misterboff
03-03-2014, 23:19
Then we're waiting for plastic manz, which are not walkers but I expect them to be quite massive, maybe the size of centurions (which aren't much smaller than a SM dreadnought).

I really hope they're not the size of Centurions, as then they'd likely be the price of Centurions too...

Whilst we're wishlisting for Orks, I'd like to go on record to predict the following:
# Big vehicle dual kit - halfway between a Trukk and a Battlewagon in size, maybe makes a couple of old Epic variants ~£40
# 5 Meganobz dual kit - they've got to be smaller than Centurions/Killa Kans or it's just daft ~£35
# 3 Deffkoptaz kit - based off the ones from Black Reach ~£30
# Warbuggy/Wartrakk kit - looking like a smaller Trukk ~£25
# Warboss clampack - based on the Black Reach Warboss ~£18
# Weirdboy clampack - less feral than the existing one ~£18

I'd also love to see the following, but doubt we'll get them:
# 5 Flash Gitz/Cyborks dual kit - like the Nobz kit, but slightly different (like Sternguard/Vanguard)
# 5 Kommando/Tankbusta kit - like the Lootas/Burnas kit, but less of a Mek feel and more of a Blood Axe/Looted Guard feel
# Big Gun kit - similar to Guard Heavy Weapons, but based on the Battlewagon versions on wheels/tracks
# Big Dok clampack - like the FW Painboss

endless
04-03-2014, 01:14
Plastic Deffcoptas were in 5th Edition, which is why there is no current kit. The old Gorkamorka metal one is there for those who like balancing heavy metal models atop a thin acrylic pole.

Hope we do get plastic Deffcoptas again, with all the options. A ForgeWorld Gargant eh? Have a spare £2000 do you?

it's not particularly difficult to work out that this is a model that is not currently available. wad

dooms33ker
04-03-2014, 02:11
Damn post got deleted...

I'd vote for option D - Super Heavy vehicle that fits in a Heavy Support slot 1-3

I'm sick and tired of not being able to field a decent amount of heavy support in an Ork Army, I see an IG player across the field and he's toting 9 Leman russ, all I can bring is a measly…6 ish Battle Waggons that don't really cut the mustard.

A nice juicy Super Heavy vehicle in the Heavy Support slot that's 1-3 per click, GW are in a win win as well because we might well buy them up in bulk, it would also give us a different way of playing. "So you're a sit back and shoot Ork player huh? Mmmm, interesting…"

I would not lilt to see the Squiggoth, I don't think it would work.

9 Russes? In an 1850 point game? Good luck scoring.

MusingWarboss
04-03-2014, 03:14
it's not particularly difficult to work out that this is a model that is not currently available. wad

Except it is. As I said the Gorkamorka metal one is still available on GWs website, same as the Gorkamorka Wartrakk and Buggy are.

The plastic one came with 5th so they didn't make a separate kit, that was culled with the 6th boxset and the Gorkamorka model fills the gap until a new kit arrives, which by the looks of it will be in 7th Edition now. But really its only been not-available in plastic for two years. Loads of armies still have metal units, look at Imperial Guard and Sisters, so its not all that uncommon either.

Probably why a new Hellbrute is being pushed out too, if Dark Vengence gets the chop that model is gone.

So yes. A Deffcopta is still available just in metal rather than plastic. Have a look for yourself:
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440267a&prodId=prod1060174

dooms33ker
04-03-2014, 03:32
Except it is. As I said the Gorkamorka metal one is still available on GWs website, same as the Gorkamorka Wartrakk and Buggy are.

The plastic one came with 5th so they didn't make a separate kit, that was culled with the 6th boxset and the Gorkamorka model fills the gap until a new kit arrives, which by the looks of it will be in 7th Edition now. But really its only been not-available in plastic for two years. Loads of armies still have metal units, look at Imperial Guard and Sisters, so its not all that uncommon either.

Probably why a new Hellbrute is being pushed out too, if Dark Vengence gets the chop that model is gone.

So yes. A Deffcopta is still available just in metal rather than plastic. Have a look for yourself:
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440267a&prodId=prod1060174

Holy Molly is that Deffkopta expensive or what?

Greyhound
04-03-2014, 05:14
You guys have made me think that giving Orks a massive Weirdboy tower to fit at the back of a BW, the green lads could end up with the tallest, if a bit skinny model on the board.

Hendarion
04-03-2014, 05:40
Yeah, I'm talking about something in the Wraithknight/Riptide/Imperial Knight range which doesn't fall into the Lord of War slot. :)Actually Knights should be in the Lord of War slot. I don't think 40k needs another such mistake.

The Emperor
04-03-2014, 05:44
Actually Knights should be in the Lord of War slot. I don't think 40k needs another such mistake.

I don't see why. They're not that much more survivable or damaging than the Wraithknight or Riptide, and are a lot more points than either to boot, although that's a topic for another thread and not this one.

Hendarion
04-03-2014, 06:05
A Wraithknight or Riptide are easy to take down - Hellfire Rounds, Snipers, Poison Weapons. A Super Heavy with 6 structure points, a 4++ and a D-ccw is a totally different story. Everything above a specific point-level and especially Super Heavies should be Lords of War. Not to mention they can take objectives while Wraithknights and Riptides cannot.

Oots
04-03-2014, 10:23
Regarding an Ork tank - how would you all feel if, instead of providing a new model, GW gave proper tank options for the battlewagon? Say, with a buffed kill kannon profile?

Thing about the battlewagon is, it basically looks more like a mad-max-esque customised truck (or a bigger Trukk :p) than a battle tank. I'm thinking in terms of the profile, the shape of the cab. I guess additional parts could address that to some extent - a more solid rear section with side-sponsons? But it's still not fundamentally tank-shaped.

That said, improved options to make it a more appealing tank rules-wise would be welcome too. Buffed (or cheaper) kill kannon, fix zzaps somehow, maybe let it have those super-shooters from the Dakka jet.

TheBearminator
04-03-2014, 10:46
I agree. The battle wagon is a beautiful model, but it's a well armoured bus, not really a tank. I'd like something wider, more the size of a Baneblade. A moving ork fortress. I don't know if it should have transport capacity, but some kind of offensive buff that compensates for poor bs, if not crewed by gretchins (assuming gretchins keep BS3 in the next codex). And of course it should come with a deff rolla.

Slowpoke
04-03-2014, 10:52
That said, improved options to make it a more appealing tank rules-wise would be welcome too. Buffed (or cheaper) kill kannon, fix zzaps somehow, maybe let it have those super-shooters from the Dakka jet.

Now that would be fantastic! I'm going to have wet dreams about supa-shoota toting battlewagons... But I'm afraid they won't let us have those on anywhere else than dakka jets. :(

Gorthaur
06-03-2014, 04:12
I wanted to see the 40k Orks get more character. Right now, the O&G has more character because of all their varied types, including the Goblins. In 40k, the Grots are rather subdued, not really significant. Orks already have a couple mechanical things like the Kans and larger dread, not to mention the Stompa. I want to see something like the Squiggoth, or perhaps something we haven't seen before.

The Emperor
06-03-2014, 04:19
A Wraithknight or Riptide are easy to take down - Hellfire Rounds, Snipers, Poison Weapons. A Super Heavy with 6 structure points, a 4++ and a D-ccw is a totally different story. Everything above a specific point-level and especially Super Heavies should be Lords of War. Not to mention they can take objectives while Wraithknights and Riptides cannot.

- Anti-tank weapons are a lot more common than Hellfire Rounds and Poison weapons, nevermind that the Knight doesn't have a 2+ Save to bounce off Krak Missiles or a 3+ Save to bounce off other high Str weapons.
- The armies which make the most use of Poison also happen to have a lot of Haywire, so they're even more deadly against a Super Heavy Walker (Which, again, won't get an Armor Save the way the Riptide/Wraithknight would against a Poison weapon).
- 6 Hull Points on a Super Heavy Walker is worse than 6 Wounds on a Monstrous Creature. The Monstrous Creature will only ever lose 1 Wound at a time, while the Super Heavy Walker can potentially lose 2-4 Hull Points from one shot.
- The 4++ is only good against shooting attacks, and only from a 90 degree fire arc, while the Riptide and Wraithknight can come with a 5++ which offers 360 degree protection against shooting and also protects against melee attacks. Nevermind that the Riptide can boost his up to a 3++.
- Str D close combat weapon isn't that big a deal, especially in comparison to a Str 10, AP 2 Monstrous Creature which'll inflict Instant Death against most of the same targets, anyway.
- We don't know if they're still Scoring Units while taken as Allies, or if it's just when they're the Primary Detachment.

Labeling them Lords of War on top of all that would've been ludicrous. The power disparity between them and a Riptide/Wraithknight is practically non-existent as is, and yet Eldar and Tau can take 3~ of the latter. Nevermind that they're already far more vulnerable to damage than a Riptide or Wraithknight for 190 or 130 more points. Giving away Victory Points in addition would've made them garbage.

Kyrios
06-03-2014, 16:54
Speaking as an ork player I feel that the most important thing for a hypothetical big kit is that it includes a "tank (or whatever) commander" with an ENORMOUS hat. Preferably also a cigar. Then I will be 100% satisfied :)

Theocracity
06-03-2014, 17:12
- Anti-tank weapons are a lot more common than Hellfire Rounds and Poison weapons, nevermind that the Knight doesn't have a 2+ Save to bounce off Krak Missiles or a 3+ Save to bounce off other high Str weapons.
- The armies which make the most use of Poison also happen to have a lot of Haywire, so they're even more deadly against a Super Heavy Walker (Which, again, won't get an Armor Save the way the Riptide/Wraithknight would against a Poison weapon).
- 6 Hull Points on a Super Heavy Walker is worse than 6 Wounds on a Monstrous Creature. The Monstrous Creature will only ever lose 1 Wound at a time, while the Super Heavy Walker can potentially lose 2-4 Hull Points from one shot.
- The 4++ is only good against shooting attacks, and only from a 90 degree fire arc, while the Riptide and Wraithknight can come with a 5++ which offers 360 degree protection against shooting and also protects against melee attacks. Nevermind that the Riptide can boost his up to a 3++.
- Str D close combat weapon isn't that big a deal, especially in comparison to a Str 10, AP 2 Monstrous Creature which'll inflict Instant Death against most of the same targets, anyway.
- We don't know if they're still Scoring Units while taken as Allies, or if it's just when they're the Primary Detachment.

Labeling them Lords of War on top of all that would've been ludicrous. The power disparity between them and a Riptide/Wraithknight is practically non-existent as is, and yet Eldar and Tau can take 3~ of the latter. Nevermind that they're already far more vulnerable to damage than a Riptide or Wraithknight for 190 or 130 more points. Giving away Victory Points in addition would've made them garbage.

Honestly the only thing that really bothers me about the Knight is that it has Stomp - especially since its of comparable size to other large models that don't have it. What's intrinsically stompier about a Knight?

I also think you're underselling D strength melee attacks. Sure S10 AP2 would insta-kill a lot of models, but D strength ignores Invulns and causes massive amounts of hull point damage to vehicles per hit.

I think the Knight is mostly fine, but those attributes do bug me.

Flame Boy
07-03-2014, 21:44
I'm fairly certain that my Orks would rather be gathering up scrap and gubbins to make more Kans or Wagons rather than shovelling squig poop. Since my Ork army grew from the old Apocalypse Dread mob formation and may veer into the Forge World Dread mob list soon, The biggest, stinkiest beast in my army will be my Warboss (But well all know the Big Mek calls the shots :p ).

endless
07-03-2014, 23:00

Yes, that is truly a viable product that GW have consistently had available and will continue to sell for the next 5 years. It is, indeed, unlikely that they will replace it with a plastic kit and instead develop another large plastic kit that will fill the gaping hole in their Ork range.

edit: I'm being needlessly antagonistic, sorry. I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but it seems pretty clear that Orks really only need plastic versions of their 'elites' and their 'skimmer'. They have a 'big kit' and two flyers. I just think this release will be like the dwarfs'.

Theocracity
07-03-2014, 23:10
I actually think it's logistically plausible for them to make a Buggy / Deffkopta dual kit. A barebones driver cab that's shared; a bottom component of either an underslung weapon, skids and a flying base mount or a suspension for wheels; a midsection component of rotor blades or a gunner; a rear component of engine gubbins or a stabilizer.

Whether they actually do that is an entirely different question.

endless
07-03-2014, 23:39
Is there not a plastic buggy kit? Am I thinking of truks? Either way, yeah, it's possible but I don't see it happening that way. I may well be wrong. Or not. I dunno. MegaNobs, yay!

MajorWesJanson
07-03-2014, 23:40
I actually think it's logistically plausible for them to make a Buggy / Deffkopta dual kit. A barebones driver cab that's shared; a bottom component of either an underslung weapon, skids and a flying base mount or a suspension for wheels; a midsection component of rotor blades or a gunner; a rear component of engine gubbins or a stabilizer.

Whether they actually do that is an entirely different question.

Seeing the Dwarf release, I could see a Deffkopta/Deffbomba kit that makes a single model.

Is there not a plastic buggy kit? Am I thinking of truks? Either way, yeah, it's possible but I don't see it happening that way. I may well be wrong. Or not. I dunno. MegaNobs, yay!

There is a plastic buggy kit for Orks. It came out for Gorkamorka, and is ancient.

endless
08-03-2014, 00:00
Seeing the Dwarf release, I could see a Deffkopta/Deffbomba kit that makes a single model.

There is a plastic buggy kit for Orks. It came out for Gorkamorka, and is ancient.

I'm not much of a fan of 'drag-car' orks... whenever they're released

MusingWarboss
08-03-2014, 11:25
Endless, I think it's highly plausible that any plastic releases for Orks will be in the "replace Finecast and fill out gaps" variety and I've said so on various threads before. I actually hate that Gorkamorka deffcopta, never liked the style and I'll be glad when the era of balancing a heavy metal object on the top of an easily broken acrylic pole is over!! Actually we're long overdue for replacements of those old Gorkamorka models, they're 1997 vintage kits and the scale of the Gorkamorka Orks is closer to true scale than heroic and nothing like the 1999 muscular revamp version we still use now.

I'd like to see a box of three Big Gunz too, in plastic. The current ones suck, the 2nd Ed models had more character and looked different (as they were back then all completely different weapons) whereas the three options we have today are all very similar. Plus being Finecast they're quite expensive too! What we could do with is three basic chassis and then three of each type of gun which you could attach, to your own taste. Or at least one of each type and let batteries of them be mixed. Currently Forgeworld do better versions that all look different and the price difference the last time I looked was about £1 cheaper for the Forgeworld ones, even if they are designed for vehicles!

I think it's more likely that we get a Wartrakk/Buggy dual kit as it's mostly just a matter of swapping over wheels for tracks. It's even written in the codex like that. A plastic box of three Deffcoptas with the option to chose between weapons and additions like bombs and buzz saws would be great.

MajorWesJanson
08-03-2014, 11:33
Endless, I think it's highly plausible that any plastic releases for Orks will be in the "replace Finecast and fill out gaps" variety and I've said so on various threads before. I actually hate that Gorkamorka deffcopta, never liked the style and I'll be glad when the era of balancing a heavy metal object on the top of an easily broken acrylic pole is over!! Actually we're long overdue for replacements of those old Gorkamorka models, they're 1997 vintage kits and the scale of the Gorkamorka Orks is closer to true scale than heroic and nothing like the 1999 muscular revamp version we still use now.

I'd like to see a box of three Big Gunz too, in plastic. The current ones suck, the 2nd Ed models had more character and looked different (as they were back then all completely different weapons) whereas the three options we have today are all very similar. Plus being Finecast they're quite expensive too! What we could do with is three basic chassis and then three of each type of gun which you could attach, to your own taste. Or at least one of each type and let batteries of them be mixed. Currently Forgeworld do better versions that all look different and the price difference the last time I looked was about £1 cheaper for the Forgeworld ones, even if they are designed for vehicles!

I think it's more likely that we get a Wartrakk/Buggy dual kit as it's mostly just a matter of swapping over wheels for tracks. It's even written in the codex like that. A plastic box of three Deffcoptas with the option to chose between weapons and additions like bombs and buzz saws would be great.

Big guns really just need a chassis and crew- the gunz themselves are in the battlewagon kit and upgrade sprue.

Importman
08-03-2014, 12:58
Some humongous ordinance to smash apart high av vehicles so I don't have to send nobs with power klaws/deffrolla to deal with them again.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

Theocracity
08-03-2014, 15:11

I've long suspected that the only reason a Wartrakk option exists in the codex is because one of the buggy models they sold had treads. But that's just a personal suspicion.

Some plastic big guns would be nice, especially since they already have the guns modeled on other sprues.