1 vanguard

15 hammers
fc valaya

Rare 415
16 irondrakes
warden w/ torpedp

organ gun
accuracy

I am debating Valaya, 75 pts is quite a lot for +2 to dispel and remains in play I have not seen in a while. other than that I think that this list offers a fair amount of balance. my gyros can wreak havoc and act as redirectors when the time comes. Longbeards are a tough unit to crack and hit like a truck on the charge. Hammerers are going to be a counter charge unit only. Irondrakes can also handle their own in combat and their shooting is pretty great especially with grimm in the unit. the warmachines are also question marks as coming from vampires... I don't know what this fancy shooting thing is really all about. quarrelers should be able to take out enemy chaff with their shooting and then act as flankers/ small walls to protect flanks. Runesmiths are a bit pricy but the chance to remove 2 spells from the enemy is pretty awesome, and in the trial games has proved invaluable.

Ramius4
26-02-2014, 15:45
You're debating 65 points for an additional +2 to dispel on EVERY single dispel attempt during the game... But are spending nearly 100 points for a single Dispel Scroll, that will stop a single spell...

Think about this.

Timathius
26-02-2014, 16:36
You're debating 65 points for an additional +2 to dispel on EVERY single dispel attempt during the game... But are spending nearly 100 points for a single Dispel Scroll, that will stop a single spell...

Think about this.

I am spending 100 pts for AP on one of my units in CC, MR1 on that same unit, a channeling attempt, another character that has 2/3 chance at hatred for cc, and a dispel scroll. By the same logic of the runesmith being the cost of a dispel scroll I am really spending 305 pts for valaya.

AUN'SHI
26-02-2014, 16:56
I think your list is ok.

But you might have trouble against fast moving armies. example chaos chariot of death armies or even beastmen. or DE with heavy dark rider core. its a nice shooty list but when things get close your going to get hurt I think.

A buddy of mine plays a heavy cav and tank empire list you'd have a really hard time against that id think.

and what if you play againt armies that dont have much magic you would of wasted many point on dispel rune. I think 2 is fine.

take out 1 of your rune smith and dispel rune and try and fit in another fighty/holdy unit.

Timathius
26-02-2014, 17:17
Definitely some good thoughts, though in my meta I do see enough magic to justify the scrolls (VC, HE, WoC, and lizards). Which is also why Valaya hasn't been taken out already.

I could lose the grudge thrower easily enough and one of the units of quarrelers for a unit of longbeards with HW/S

AUN'SHI
26-02-2014, 17:23
ya that could work but I do like the grudge thrower for hordish armies. I still think 2 dispel runes are more than enough as you even have the Valaya rune for back up. You do have the ability to destory the most threatening spell with your spell breaker ruin x 2 why dont you run 2 of these rune of spell breaking x 2 on 2 different rune smith and take 1 rune smith out and 1 quarlers to make a good fighty/holdy unit.

2 runes of spell breaking x 2 means at least 1 spell should go statistically and Im sure that will be the most threatening one. Dwellers, or any uber initative spells.

Timathius
26-02-2014, 17:39
I have two games on saturday unfortunately not against cav heavy armies but should be able to experiment with both. Thanks for the help guys.

Timathius
03-03-2014, 18:11
Ran this list Saturday against vc and it played wonderfully. The gyros were an obvious MVP however the scrolls really helped. He rolled really high winds of magic and it allowed me to even the playing field. I also took away purple sun, which intimidated him into not using nehek on his lvl 4 for fear of me doing the same there. Which meant that I was free to shut down his lvl 2 attempts at casting.