PDA

View Full Version : How do i model beasthunter shells?

Generaloftheabyss
27-02-2014, 19:11
As the title says how can i model Beasthunter shells on my Leman Russ? or how do you model your own? sorry if this is in the wrong section!

agurus1
27-02-2014, 19:17
well the shells would be on the interior of the tank so you can't really do that. Maybe model the vanquisher with impressive pennants or paint killmarkings on the side that show monstrous creatures?

Clang
27-02-2014, 19:18
Changing ammo won't make a visible difference to a vehicle, so I see no need to do anything, rules-wise. But if you want everyone (including yourself) to easily distinguish this tank from others, the obvious way would be an appropriately-sized ammo box marked 'Beasthunter shells' sitting on (i.e. not glued to) the tank.

Generaloftheabyss
27-02-2014, 19:52
Wow i'm dumb , of course i don't need to model ammo! thanks guys for being gentle.

Sanai
27-02-2014, 20:08
Kill markings would be the way to go if you feel that you need to..... or a tank commander in a pithy hat looking for something to mount on his mantlepiece.....

dangerboyjim
27-02-2014, 20:19
An animal pelt thrown over the turret and some bullhorns over the engine.

wyvirn
27-02-2014, 20:26
Remember there is no WYSIWYG rule any more.

cswang
28-02-2014, 01:21
I would also suggest painting some kill markers representing Monstrous Creatures on the vehicle in question.

Surgency
28-02-2014, 02:55
Or find some monstrous creature parts and affix them to the tank as trophies

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

malisteen
28-02-2014, 15:31
Rule or no, I like to represent such upgrades, somehow, and in this case I'd go with trophies or kill markings.

Grand Master Azrael
02-03-2014, 01:04
Have a Carnifex's head over the end of the gun and open it's mouth so that it can still shoot shells.

MajorWesJanson
02-03-2014, 02:11
Kill markings would be the way to go if you feel that you need to..... or a tank commander in a pithy hat looking for something to mount on his mantlepiece.....

This. A Tank commander with a pith hat and elephant gun in the top hatch. "Drive me closer! I want his head for the mantle!"

Chem-Dog
02-03-2014, 03:11
Have a Carnifex's head over the end of the gun and open it's mouth so that it can still shoot shells.

This.

If you have a regular opponent and they have an MC option in their Codex (whether they take it in games or not) adorn the Tank with parts of that unit that seem most appropriate for trophies - Heads, Carapace, Melee Weapons (ranged ones might cause confusion, but a honking great sword strapped to the front probably wouldn't) etc.

Failing that a pennant made of animal hide or some generic big skulls (like the dragon one in the Giant kit) would probably do the trick.

Harwammer
02-03-2014, 04:18
Add a banner depicting a tank KA-BLAMMO!ing some hulking monster.