PDA

View Full Version : CSM renegade warbands

Harbinger
28-02-2014, 17:10
I was wondering if there are any instances in the background of chaos warbands being composed of various legionaires and renegades that kept their previous colors of allegiance? Such as a couple squads of Alpha Legion next to Night Lord bikers next to renegade Blood Drinker assault squads, etc. I am just wondering, as all the renegade warband descriptions I have seen seem to invovle an individual coming to power, creating a new identity (in name, colors, and symbols), and then having all his followers adopt it.

just_jay
28-02-2014, 19:16
Some of the Excommunicate Traitoris chapters seem to have kept their colors for the most part. (Soul Drinkers, Relictors, etc.) But the Blood Gorgons are one such example of a chapter turning traitor without changing their aspect.

Born Again
28-02-2014, 21:38
The original description of the Red Corsairs had them keep the colours from their previous Chapter, using red markings to cover over the Chapter symbol and other Imperial icons. This changed in 4th edition when they took on the red/black/gold scheme.

All Cing Eye
28-02-2014, 21:49
Lexicanum to the rescue.

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Warriors_of_Aggannor#.UxESP_bzQy4

Harwammer
01-03-2014, 11:46
I was wondering if there are any instances in the background of chaos warbands being composed of various legionaires and renegades that kept their previous colors of allegiance? Such as a couple squads of Alpha Legion next to Night Lord bikers next to renegade Blood Drinker assault squads, etc. I am just wondering, as all the renegade warband descriptions I have seen seem to invovle an individual coming to power, creating a new identity (in name, colors, and symbols), and then having all his followers adopt it.

I think this sort of thing is meant to be common, especially with things like World Eaters tagging along to the warbands of other forces that can promise them plenty of slaughter. I can't actually think of any small scale examples, but obviously The Despoiler was controlling mixed legion forces on many of his crusades, particularly the 'ongoing' 13th crusade.