PDA

View Full Version : What are your thoughts on the Sentinels of Terra book?

Grand Master Azrael
28-02-2014, 22:03
I've read it now, but need to know if I should take a Sentinels of Terra army and what it would look like.

Menthak
28-02-2014, 23:41
I've read it now, but need to know if I should take a Sentinels of Terra army and what it would look like.

Probably Imperial Fists, so...yellow.

Grand Master Azrael
01-03-2014, 00:58
I mean what units. I'm thinking Tacticals, Centurions, Sergeant Garadon, Lysander, a Rhino or two and a Predator. And also maybe a Dreadnought.

Langdon
01-03-2014, 01:50
I mean what units. I'm thinking Tacticals, Centurions, Sergeant Garadon, Lysander, a Rhino or two and a Predator. And also maybe a Dreadnought.

1. Open Codex: Space Marines
2. Pick whatever the hell you want
3. ????
4. Profit

about sums up how to field a Codex Astartes army

Mandragola
01-03-2014, 01:52
A space marine battle company can field anything in the marine codex. That's the point of it. It's a very flexible formation. Literally any of the units would be appropriate, including guys from the 1st or 10th company fighting with the 3rd.

Ghazbad_Facestompa
01-03-2014, 06:00
Pretty much anything. Loyalist marine chapters and companies are intended for flexibility. That said, for my Fists, I focus on firepower, ideally in a relatively static form. Devastators have turned out to be my favorite unit in the codex so far because of that. Tactical marines can take advantage of Bolter Drill; try Heavy Bolters on any squad you want to be aggressive. Thunderfire Cannons always fit the Fists, because artillery is fun. And, of course, some form of fortified position is always nice.

Slayer-Fan123
01-03-2014, 06:11
I think that this supplement would benefit more than the regular Imperial Fists with Drop Pods since you clearly want to be close enough to make use of all those Rerolls. Not to mention that Devastator Centurions as Elites saves room on Heavy Support slots, which means you can go crazy on Stormravens and Predators if you wished. I'm not sure how spammed Devastator Centurions are though, so there ya go. Assault Centurions moved to Fast Attack doesn't matter much. I imagine overall that this supplement is stronger at higher point levels, but not something I would do for low point games to make the most of it.