PDA

View Full Version : Gondor trebuchet in a Bretonnia Army?

JacobDrake
01-03-2014, 00:44
Just a quick question, would the look of the gondor trebuchet fit in with a Bretonnian army?

To me it looks to professionally constructed and straight edged to fit with the backgrond and look.

Archon of Death
01-03-2014, 01:55
Personally, I'm making my own out of balsa wood. However that trebuchet will work design wise. Not sure if the scale would be right, but the design is fine.

Ludaman
01-03-2014, 03:27
I've seen a couple people use them, they fit with Brets just fine, just strap a couple knight shields to the side, and get some suitable crew models. I use a few red box games Aenglish soldiers mixed up with the regular crew to man my two trebs

SteveW
01-03-2014, 05:03
I hadn't seen the gondor treb before this thread popped up. It looks like garbage and you'd be better off making one yourself IMHO :)

Sent by my fingers typing on a keyboard.

Lastavenger
01-03-2014, 07:00
I hadn't seen the gondor treb before this thread popped up. It looks like garbage and you'd be better off making one yourself IMHO :)

Sent by my fingers typing on a keyboard.Even regular treb looks too puny for tearing castle walls warmachine.

Griefbringer
01-03-2014, 07:47
I might not be particularly excited by the looks of the Gondor trebutchet, but I do not see anything wrong with using it for Bretonnian one (especially if you can find one somewhere for cheap and manage to construct it). If you have got a few boxes of plastic men-at-arms it should not be too difficult to convert some of them (especially the monks) into something that looks like a crew, and add some spare bits to the machine itself to make it look more Bretty. Then just add a suitably garish paint job in the jolly old fashion. And if you can find a dead cow or giant wooden rabbit for ammunition...