PDA

View Full Version : Just picked up the TK book...

McFace
02-03-2014, 00:47
...and I have some questions! Already read this wonderful thread: http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?390313-New-to-TK-which-Core-Units

How best to use Necropolis Knights? They seem pretty strong and very tough for the Tomb Kings. I was thinking a big unit of 6? Or would 3 be better?

Are Sepulchral Stalkers worth taking?

How about the Warsphinx (Thundercrush, killing blow on crew!) and the Necrosphinx (heroic killing blow!)?

Casket of Souls looks like another good choice. If you take it would you want to take a stronger wizard to synergize with Covenant of Power?

Does S4 on Ushabti kill them? Great bows look like a waste with the low BS, so it would fall to melee for them. S4 does not seem to cut it, but I could be wrong!

Thanks in advance for any answers!

SteveW
02-03-2014, 01:29
Necro knights work best in units of 4 (1x4)

Sep stalkers are underrated by most people but a unit of 6(2 x 3) will wreck a lot of things both at range and in CC.

Warsphinx's are slow but the necrosphinx with fly and HKB can control where your opponent deploys his big gribblies.

Casket is an auto include

Ushabti with great bows in a unit of 6 pumping out up to 12 S6 shots with a 30" range can do work but are expensive.

McFace
02-03-2014, 01:55
Necro knights work best in units of 4 (1x4)

Sep stalkers are underrated by most people but a unit of 6(2 x 3) will wreck a lot of things both at range and in CC.

Warsphinx's are slow but the necrosphinx with fly and HKB can control where your opponent deploys his big gribblies.

Casket is an auto include

Ushabti with great bows in a unit of 6 pumping out up to 12 S6 shots with a 30" range can do work but are expensive.

Thanks for the response! I really want to use Ushabti....their models are just so cool.

Would a list with a big block of archers and chariots for troops backed up by Necro Knights and a casket of souls work? Fire base with casket and archers coupled with fast, hard hitting units.

SteveW
02-03-2014, 03:13
Thanks for the response! I really want to use Ushabti....their models are just so cool.

Would a list with a big block of archers and chariots for troops backed up by Necro Knights and a casket of souls work? Fire base with casket and archers coupled with fast, hard hitting units.
That's pretty much the base for 90% of successful TK armies.

McFace
02-03-2014, 03:44
That's pretty much the base for 90% of successful TK armies.

1st try! Woo!

Just have to figure out what to do for my HQ. We shall see.

bigbiggles
02-03-2014, 08:41
King and tomb guard and/or a few wizards

InstantKarma
03-03-2014, 15:49
tomb-kings.net is probably the best resource for an tactics questions you might have. One guy, goes by 'Jimmy' did several write up on Stalkers to prove that they are much more effective than most people give them credit. I believe he also gives some Bat reps with the NecroKnight moving Castle battle line, and using Stalkers as Ambushers/Redirectors to pretty nasty effect.

Check them out.

Edit: Regarding HQs, I've read different things, but Lv 4 w/ Nehekhara is a must (not just because the army book makes you) if you can squeeze him in. Prince is usually good enough to stick in either a regular Sword'nBoard Skele unit or Tomb Guard.

Here are the links btw:

http://z4.invisionfree.com/Khemri/index.php?showtopic=13312&st=0&#entry22032596

http://z4.invisionfree.com/Khemri/index.php?showtopic=12051