PDA

View Full Version : Two characters charging out of the same unit

Maetco
02-03-2014, 06:51
Let's assume I have unit A and two characters in it 1 and 2. I declare charge with 1 and 2 against an enemy unit B. Are 1 and 2 considered to be two individual units or can the decide to remain in the same unit with each other? The logic being that originally they were part of the same unit A and they both charge out towards the same unit and therefore are still working as one unit. I can't seem to find anything in the BRB that would clearly state how this type of situation is meant to be worked out.

Mr_Rose
02-03-2014, 08:09
RAW it cannae be done: as you noted there's no,provision for multiple characters charging out so you have to resolve each charge individually and, once the first charge has been declared, the rest of the unit (including the other character as they are still part of it) becomes bound by the restriction that prevents the host unit from charging in the same turn as the character.
If you want to houserule this, feel free as the RAW is a bit silly; just remember that it is a houserule and not everyone will want to play it your way, if you go to tournaments etc.

furrie
02-03-2014, 09:27
like mr_rose said raw, its imposible. But when you house rule it, I would say there two different units. Becuase as soon as a character leaves a unit it becomes a unit on its own.

bigbiggles
03-03-2014, 01:27
If it were legal, I would say they had to make separate charge rolls

badguyshaveallthefun
03-03-2014, 17:53
Agreed, there's only a provision for one character charging out of a unit, therefore, the main unit (and any characters that are still in it) would be unable to charge until next turn.

I'd house rule it though.

SteveW
03-03-2014, 17:58
This has actually come up a few times in my games. It is not legal under the rules for the reasons stated earlier in the thread. If you house rule it just remember when playing somewhere else that the rule defaults to it not being legal to not game your opponent.

Senor
04-03-2014, 10:17
I play it, that when the character charges out, the unit cannot move anymore and cannot shoot that turn. Magic is still allowed from that unit.

Or am I wrong? And are they allowed to shoot, or to do a basic move and/or basic reform?
Or even still allowed to march or to do a swift reform?

Mid'ean
04-03-2014, 11:29
I play it, that when the character charges out, the unit cannot move anymore and cannot shoot that turn. Magic is still allowed from that unit.

Or am I wrong? And are they allowed to shoot, or to do a basic move and/or basic reform?
Or even still allowed to march or to do a swift reform?

After the character has charged out the unit is permitted to move in the remaining movement phase as normal.