PDA

View Full Version : Build me a nurgle DP and a BSB On a juggernaut of khorne

Portz
02-03-2014, 20:38
Hi guys just came back from my first tournament and my DP And bsb let me down here is what my DP had

Flight
lvl 4 death
chaos armour
scaled skin
flaming breath
sword of swifts laying
MON

heres my bsb on a juggernaut of khorne (Exalted hero)
Bsb
dawnstone
MOK
biting blade

look forward to your ideals thanks

Knifeparty
03-03-2014, 01:43
"The" Build for Daemon Princes is:

Level 4, Wings, Chaos Armour, Sword of Striking, Charmed Shield, Dragon Bane Gem, Scaled Skin, Soul Feeder, Flame Breath, Chaos Familiar

Either Mark of Nurgle with Lore of Death, or Mark of Slaanesh with Lore of Slaanesh (I run this guy)

Exalted Hero of Khorne:

Juggernaught, BSB, Dawnstone, Dragonhelm, Iron Curse Icon, Halberd

There is a better build for a BSB though, he's next to unkillable. He's got a 1+/ 3++ save that re-rolls 1's for failed ward saves with toughness 5 and 3 wounds.

Exalted Hero:

Mark of Tzeentch, Daemonic Mount, Battle Standard Bearer, Enchanted Shield, Talisman of Protection, Third Eye of Tzeentch.

Horus38
03-03-2014, 02:54
There is a better build for a BSB though, he's next to unkillable. He's got a 1+/ 3++ save that re-rolls 1's for failed ward saves with toughness 5 and 3 wounds.

Exalted Hero:

Mark of Tzeentch, Daemonic Mount, Battle Standard Bearer, Enchanted Shield, Talisman of Protection, Third Eye of Tzeentch.

My friend is getting into WoC and we were scratching our heads on this build as to how he gets the 3++ save. Also I reviewed the monstrous cavalry rules and it states the rider only benefits from the highest wounds profile, not toughness, so how is getting the T5?

Hragnar Goreskull
03-03-2014, 03:21
Make sure you check the Errata rules update for the main rulebook as I do believe it changed some of what your looking for Horus38. I think they changed the MC and its T rule, if I remember correctly.

Lord Dan
03-03-2014, 04:38
My friend is getting into WoC and we were scratching our heads on this build as to how he gets the 3++ save. Also I reviewed the monstrous cavalry rules and it states the rider only benefits from the highest wounds profile, not toughness, so how is getting the T5?
As Hrangnar said, this was clarified by the more recent errata.

The 3++ is from the 4++ granted by the 45 point Talisman of 4++ (I think it's actually Preservation, not Protection) and the +1 ward save from MoT. Third Eye makes this incredibly nasty, as it means you only have a 21% chance of taking damage on any given wound.

Horus38
03-03-2014, 18:29
As Hrangnar said, this was clarified by the more recent errata.

The 3++ is from the 4++ granted by the 45 point Talisman of 4++ (I think it's actually Preservation, not Protection) and the +1 ward save from MoT. Third Eye makes this incredibly nasty, as it means you only have a 21% chance of taking damage on any given wound.

Thanks, the reference to the 6++ Protection Talisman threw a spanner in my thinking, and I'll relay the errata update to my friend.

badguyshaveallthefun
03-03-2014, 20:49
I'm a huge fan of the "standard" daemon prince, but with the other tricksters shard instead of the sword of striking. I run MoN with the LoN though, as I find it syngergizes better with my list, and I like my DP in combat, so I get better spells (i.e. less sniping, and more spells that can be cast while in combat, but to each his own)

How did your characters let you down?

My Khorne BsB usually runs with an ironcurse icon, and either the talisman of preservation or a dawnstone and something else (usually a sword of might or nothing)
I don't typically field him unless I'm running AT LEAST 7 skullcrushers though, for LoS! purposes, he's too important to lose to a cannon on the first shot.

Knifeparty
03-03-2014, 21:26
Indeed, I meant talisman of Preservation.

Lord Dan
03-03-2014, 21:39
I figured, I just didn't want to question someone with a name like "Knife Party". :p

Knifeparty
03-03-2014, 21:57
HAHA, don't worry It's just a song title