PDA

View Full Version : Amazonian Priestess?

armos
12-06-2005, 19:48
Next issue of White Dwarf includes rules for a dogs of war Amazonian Princess - anyone know if there's gonna be a model for this or is it just the rules like the Arch - Lecter?

:)

Rathgar
12-06-2005, 19:52
My guess is just rules, but there are some models from Mordheim (http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=List_Models&code=301101&orignav=300808) you could use.

75hastings69
12-06-2005, 20:34
there is a full range of WFB Amazonians, only they aren't available in UK. If you check the french or spanish store i'm surew they will be there. I think the same models minus weapons are also used for bloodbowl.

75hastings69
12-06-2005, 20:38
here check out the bottom of this link and the pages after..........

http://fr.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.fr?WCI=Menu&WCE=Search

sorry, looks like you will have to type in "amazone" as it won't keep the search results page open. ;)

75hastings69
12-06-2005, 20:42
this could be the model mentioned http://fr.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.fr?do=Individual&code=9947119901901&orignav=9

Rohirrim
12-06-2005, 21:05
Complete with new spell list. I wonder if it won't be something along the lines of the Truthsayer and Dark Emmisary.

Voss
15-06-2005, 05:28
It is. Got the WD yesterday.

Essentially a character for the Lustria campaign. Interestingly, she's a level 3 wizard, but doesn't use up a lord slot. hero + rare instead.
I believe the pic in the article is a Mordheim fig. I hope they're testing the waters for an Amazon army, personally. It'd be nice and sweet and has the potential to be somewhat different.

They then proceed to have 2 mini battle reporters with Amazons and Estalian conquistadors 'counting as' Empire forces. Which, visually, would be interesting, but reading as a battle report is rather meh.

Rohirrim
15-06-2005, 09:39
So is the character just for Lustria, or can you use her in regular games as well? And she is sounding more and more like a Truthsayer.

Griefbringer
15-06-2005, 09:53
I hope they're testing the waters for an Amazon army, personally. It'd be nice and sweet and has the potential to be somewhat different.

I would not really expect a full army list for them - at best a DoW entry or allied contingent.

Hasmed
15-06-2005, 10:56
Does the amazon have a unique lore?
If so how is it?

athamas
15-06-2005, 11:43
it would proably be, life, beasts, or celestial!

rkunisch
15-06-2005, 13:22
Does the amazon have a unique lore?
If so how is it?
On Dakka there is a review of the last US WD and there it is mentioned that it is the Lore of the Serpent. No further info, though.

Have fun,

Rolf.

Voss
16-06-2005, 07:30
Griefbringer- I'm not so much expecting anything, as hoping. I don't really expect to see many, or any, new armies for WFB for a long while. But yeah, DoW is a possibility, since she is hired as one.

Yep, she's got a unique lore. Lore of Serpents. its odd. The default is a good strength breath weapon, used to nasty effect in the mini-game battle reports in the magazine. The spells are a bit of a grab-bag, actually. Rough outline:
1- breath weapon
2- area friendly buff spell (makes friendly units better in a limited radius
3- missile shield, remains in play
4- offensive defense spell. models that charge her get hit, remains in play.
5- magic missile. many, many hits, low, low strength, short range
6- weaken enemies in an area, psychology based, short range

I don't like it, actually. How you use her is completely dependent on what spells you roll. Though she is a bit better fighter than your average wizard.

Lady Bastet
20-06-2005, 21:52
So a 3,000 pt Dogs of War army can have 5 lord level magic users? Oh my god!

Voss
21-06-2005, 07:21
5?
2 lord characters, + amazon, +???

Not sure its the best idea anyway, even if you can. 5 lord equivalent wizards would be 1/3 of your points right there. And then 1 miscast and your great and nasty magic phase could go kersplatt...

Zeb
21-06-2005, 07:32
Dark Emissary and Truthsayer are not Lord choices IIRC.

Yepp, but the chance of a misscast isn't that big with three dices... If you can limit yourself to that.

Festus
21-06-2005, 08:39
Hi

Dark Emissary and Truthsayer are not Lord choices IIRC.

Yepp, but the chance of a misscast isn't that big with three dices... If you can limit yourself to that.
DE and Truthsayer may never be in the same army, they mutually exclude each other.

Greetings
Festus

Jedi152
21-06-2005, 10:51
DE and Truthsayer may never be in the same army, they mutually exclude each other.
Do they still have the odd rule, where if you get one, your opponent gets the other free? Or did i dream that?

5 lord level spellcasters: I think that Lady Bastet is referring to the fact that some of the DoW characters (amazon, truthsayer, etc) are rare choices.

Avian
21-06-2005, 12:43
Do they still have the odd rule, where if you get one, your opponent gets the other free? Or did i dream that?
No, but you could always agree that with your opponent...

The Priestess has a rule that lets any 'evil' army take her for free, but then the opponent can have one for free as well.

Thankfully they require opponents permission. :)

Lady Bastet
21-06-2005, 19:46
Hi

Greetings
Festus
Last time I checked the current rules did not specify. The Albion Booklet did (back when bot players got one for free) but Warhammer Chronicles overrides the booklet. Even if its not the case your looking at up to four Lord level magic users.

We decided around here that they were both Lord choices and not a Hero/Rare.

metro_gnome
21-06-2005, 23:54
did anyone notice the refrence to chaos dwarf ability to take them...

its coming...
all hail Hashut!

enterfaith
22-06-2005, 14:37
Well I got the Australian issue 307. It says there's no rules yet, but hints to the next issue after THIS one. For this battle he uses a converted version of the mordheim priestess, and uses the rules for a level 2 hireling wizard. Using the lore of life. Hope this helped.

Inquis. Jaeger
22-06-2005, 20:19
There's a GW NE Guy doing an army - Amazons (http://ne.games-workshop.com/new-world-owner.asp?owner=Peter%20Manhoudt)

Looks very cool actually.

He talks about the new Serpent Priestess, and the fact that his 'core choices are covered in an upcoming [WD] issue'

jymset
23-06-2005, 10:23
Well, I'm an old-time reader of Portent's, same here, but only a lurker.

I registered simply so I could contribute some input here, as there seem to be no Germans left.

The latest White Dwarf not only included the rules for the Priestess, but also a Regiment of Renown.

The guy in the above site was probably referring to these.

What am I allowed to say about them? Am I allowed to compare them to other races in terms of stats? Ie, basically tell you what they are exactly, but without actually speaking of numbers?

Rabid Bunny 666
23-06-2005, 11:08

nope, that was only the albion campaign

not sure, i think its anything but the points

rkunisch
23-06-2005, 12:15
jymset, there are still some of us here. ;)

It is always save to write in general terms about rules. So, no exact numbers, but a they move faster than an Elf is okay.

Have fun,

Rolf.

Festus
23-06-2005, 13:31
Hi

jymset, there are still some of us here. ;)

Yes, yes, Ger...Germermans...mermans, vermins, they're all over the place :)
And remember that Sylass happens to be German, too.

But back OT: I really like the Mordheim Amazons, always have, but the idea to make a whole army out of just some 5 minis seems ridiculous.

Greetings
Festus

jymset
24-06-2005, 08:37
Oh, ok, Deutschland ist in dieser Runde vertreten. I was basically just wondering about the length of this thread without the RoR ever being mentioned. But now I realise that the WD was only released on Wednesday....

Anaconda's Amazon Warriors - can be hired by everyone! (I assume as a rare choice, this wasn't specified so I'd count them as a standard DoW unit).

Basically, these are just a small units of uber-duellists. Skirmishers but no scouts.

Basic humans, too.

Come with full command - Anaconda has hero stats, the other two have a simple WS increase.

Have swords that give: (I'll try to stay in very general terms but leave no room for questions! ;) )

A) a CC bonus similar to a halberd
B) a measure of protection identical to when a Witch Elf is in range of a Cauldron of Blood
C) lets them shoot javelin shots but at a range of half of a bow

There, that is it! Now, am I allowed to state points cost? Ok, I'll try to describe it in Dark Elf terms (who are obviously my army): the base unit of five costs as much as a minimal unit of Dark Elf Corsairs with full command. They can be increased up to twenty at an additional point costs of a Dark Elf Executioner each.

I hope this gives you the exact results while remaining borderline legal!? If not, I am genuinely sorry....

Rohirrim
24-06-2005, 21:15
Are these the ones mentioned ages ago? It was a RoR that they made some terrible models for and then shelved, only to be ressurected for Mordheim. I remember some people having them saved on their hard drive (I did until it died).

Avian
24-06-2005, 21:17
That's the models. They have actually been resculpted for both Blood Bowl and Mordheim, with no great ammount of luck.

boogle
24-06-2005, 23:00
there is a full range of WFB Amazonians, only they aren't available in UK. If you check the french or spanish store i'm surew they will be there. I think the same models minus weapons are also used for bloodbowl.
would that be these ones then?: http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?WCI=Menu&WCE=Search

Avian
24-06-2005, 23:29
Take this one, for example:
http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=9947099906401&orignav=9
Wizard resculpted to a cheerleader IIRC

Or this one:
http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=9947099906205&orignav=9

jymset
25-06-2005, 00:17
There was a shelved Amazon RoR?!?!?!

IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW! When I read the rules, I was puzzled somewhat - the rules obviously fit the old, really ugly models.

There have now been new models. And in my opinion they look really, really good! Check the following for a comparison - the first five entries are the new models, the other ones below are the old models. All freely available in Germany.

http://de.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.de?do=List_Models&code=301101&orignav=300808

Thankfully, the new models can be equipped to represent the rules....