PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of an Albion themed army

Jape
04-03-2014, 21:44
Because I can never just build a straight forward army, I'm interested in building a Albion Celt/Barbarian themed army and I've been trying to see which army list would provide the easiest crossover. I'm aware there is a fantastic unofficial Albion army list floating around the internet but I'd like if possible to attach my theme to an official list.

I'm drawn to Chaos as Marauders, Ogres and Giants all seem to fit the profile. Even Warhounds can fit in, just chuck some Celtic folklore about the Black Dog in and boom supernatural canines. However a total lack of missile troops is off putting and bar one special character there are no Marauder heroes.

Does anybody have any ideas?

Micalovits
04-03-2014, 22:05
Warriors of chaos seems like an obvious choice, though beastmen also would fit very well.

Alternatively you could go for orcs and goblins.

Whatever you do, it will probably take some converting!

SSquirrel
04-03-2014, 23:25
If u go beast men make sure to fit them for Druid robes. Alternately, wood elves?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Lord Dan
05-03-2014, 04:33
Beastmen, for sure. You can fit in chariots, mythological creatures, and slingers (bowmen) without breaking a sweat.

CountUlrich
05-03-2014, 12:10
Wood elves seem an obvious fit to me

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

InstantKarma
05-03-2014, 18:36
I'd argue Beastmen more than Wood Elves. I'm thinking Army list vs. historical Celts vs. Albion, and with those factors Beastmen list seems like the one that would take the least work make rules fit fluff.