PDA

View Full Version : Need Chapters prone to help out the Inquisition

Tulkas
05-03-2014, 17:30
Hi all,

I was wondering, can anyone here help me out with a list of Chapters that are prone to helping out the Inquisition? I recently converted a Truescale Marine to accompany my Inquisitor in Inquisimunda. I was originally going to paint him Imperial Fists, but somehow I keep imagining this guy in a silver-metallic colorscheme. That isn't set in stone, so I would like to have a list of potential Chapters that could be accompanying said Inquisitor. Check my log in my sig for the Marine in question.

Thanks!

Chalkfour
05-03-2014, 18:17
The only chapter I'm aware of are the Red Hunters, although I don't doubt that there may be more.

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Red_Hunters#.Uxd3qYWDyyo

Michael M.
05-03-2014, 18:42
The Red Hunters have close contact to the Inquisition and the Grey Knights.

Muad'Dib
05-03-2014, 18:45
Excorcists have ties to Ordo Malleus, I think. http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Exorcists#.Uxd-BIVFIa8
White Consuls - per Eisenhorn trilogy - assisted a group of Inquisitors in capturing several alpha+ psykers. http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/White_Consuls#.Uxd-qIVFIa8

Leftenant Gashrog
06-03-2014, 11:21
Red Hunters would be top of the list, Forge Worlds chapter tactics for them revolves around all of their brethren having been repeatedly mind scrubbed following inquisitorial operations.

Exorcists have connections to the Ordo Malleus but aren't under their thumb.

That said I think it's better to list chapters that DON'T work with the Inquisition. Even the Unforgiven work with them.

Tulkas
06-03-2014, 14:24
Yeah, I understand. The Red Hunters are pretty cool, what with their mind scrubs etc. background, I just don't want to paint this guy red :p so that's too bad.
It's also dead (too?) easy to create a Custom Chapter, but I like it more to use something existing already, and offcourse any Inquisitor can "requisition" any Marine aid (and all that). Just wished there was a Chapter like the Red Hunters in a metallic colourscheme. Cuz like I said, it'd be nice to use something existing.

Oh well on to stage two of my plan: finding a (silver) metallic Chapter.

Edit: also, any advice on what color a "incognito" Marine might have, is also welcome. Reason being, in my version of the 40K Universe, the Celestial Lions are not extinct. Also, this specific Marine would be a CL Marine "incognito", working alongside the Inquisitor to uncover the doing of Inquisitor Appolyon (the one bringing devastation to the Chapter). Apparently Appolyon means "the enemy" or "angel of destruction". He'd be a bit of a "Knight Errant", like that Death Guard guy from the Horus Heresy (can't think of the name right now).

*ponders on this*

A.T.
06-03-2014, 15:53
For a single marine - consider a deathwatch marine, either of a specific chapter or a blackshield.

Black ink over boltgun for the armour, ink over mithril or chainmail for the left arm and pad.

Tulkas
06-03-2014, 17:34
Yeah, I'm not much of a fan of the Death Watch. I'm thinking of just painting him in Metallic, without any Chapter badge etc. as a mysterious Space Marine that ajoins Inquisitor whatshisname on their quest for answers, and the downfall of Inquisitor Appolyon. So yes, he'll be a non-recognisable Celestial Lion.

Chem-Dog
06-03-2014, 20:07
Hi Tulkas. I'm a big fan of your stuff. :)

Have you considered the Silver Skulls?

There are a couple of reasons I suggest them outside of the silver colour scheme.
The first and most prominent being the fact that the Chapter makes use of the Emperor's Tarot. So whilst the Chapter itself doesn't have any particularly strong associations with the Inquisition it'd be a pretty simple thing to have the Marine assigned to an Inquisitor to fulfil a prophesy (or to prevent one).
The second reason is the habit of Battle Brothers in the Silver Skulls of covering their skin in devotional tattoos. facial tattoos are earned in battle and represent significant experience and prowess, a veteran even if not a member of the Veteran Company.
Finally they like to lop of their enemies' heads and coat the flensed skulls in silver, which gives you the option of adding a few skulls to the model, everyone loves Skulls, right?
If nothing else the brutality of a head-taking culture will give you some interesting character choices for the Inquisitor, the Marine and all other members of theretinue, Is the Inquisitor happy with the collection of skulls that's gradually stacking up in the Astartes' chambers or is the Astartes foregoing this practice to avoid subjecting his Chapter to closer scrutiny from the Inquisition?

Also they are an established Chapter, being in 40K from Rogue trader onwards. And their Chapter symbol is easy to do and ripe for embellishment. :D

Tulkas
06-03-2014, 20:25
Hey Chem-Dog, I have actually considered them. They're running second place at the moment in my list of options. I'm still trying to figure out what an "incognito" Marine would look like. I guess also silver armor and nothing on the shoulderpads, right? Tho the name of the paint "Adeptus Battle Grey" also appeals to me.

Leftenant Gashrog
06-03-2014, 22:32
Oh I hadn't thought of Adeptus Battle Grey, it was the replacement for Mechanicus Standard Grey which I'm guess is the Adeptus referred to in the name, but it is rather akin to the colour GW used to paint Codex Grey - that being the grey colour that the Codex Astartes dictated marine vehicles should be painted. That WOULD make a good old-skool colour for an incognito marine methinks.

MajorWesJanson
07-03-2014, 01:08
Hey Chem-Dog, I have actually considered them. They're running second place at the moment in my list of options. I'm still trying to figure out what an "incognito" Marine would look like. I guess also silver armor and nothing on the shoulderpads, right? Tho the name of the paint "Adeptus Battle Grey" also appeals to me.

Well, for Deathwatch, Marines that wish to join paint their armor in Deathwatch colors, and instead of keeping their chapter heraldry on the shoulder, paint the pad black.