PDA

View Full Version : What are these warhammer figs in red bags?

TheKingInYellow
06-03-2014, 23:08
Help me out here. I went back to the 'Goldmine' that I talked about in this thread (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?376800-I-may-have-found-a-GW-goldmine) to look for some stuff for my Dwarfs and SMs. I picked up some nice stuff; King Alrik on Shieldbearers, Iron Hands Iron Father with the Cog/Axe, etc...

What was buried in the back of the box was some red mylar bags, sort of like you would get packs of CCG cards in, but they were clearly figs. They were all famous named characters like Felix and Gotrek. I can't find ANYTHING on these and I can't even open the bag to see what was inside. These should date from 1990-1996 or so.

Any idea what these are?

EmperorNorton
06-03-2014, 23:15
I suspect you mean these:
http://solegends.com/citle2000/promotions/pr33gotrek/index.htm

They are not that old, but seem somewhat sought after.

TheKingInYellow
06-03-2014, 23:50
Yeah those are them. There are multiple bags of each...

They are $25 each so they don't look like they are worth buying/selling but if anyone wants one let me know and I'll sell it for my cost.

Athelassan
07-03-2014, 01:26
They were expensive to buy even at the time, although they are of course larger than the normal size. From what I recall, the price they now go for on ebay tends to be silly, although I can't verify that since there aren't any available at the moment (the diorama base is on BIY for 5 from one seller, but that's it). They might be worth it as an investment, but it would be a risk and might take a while to shift them for decent money: they're not going to have the same appeal as SG figures. Although one of them is of a female human, which is a rare enough event in itself from GW even if the pose is a bit off. To be honest, compared to the cost of one plastic 28mm character these days, $25 almost looks like a bargain!

I'd be interested in theory, but realistically, especially factoring in the cost of postage, I probably have better things to spend my money on, especially with Salute! next month and all. That said, reading your other thread, if there are still Blood Bowl or Mordheim figures at that store, I would definitely be interested (depending on price/selection, of course).

TheKingInYellow
07-03-2014, 02:03
Yeah still lots of Mordheim and BB. Saw a few Necromunda blisters I missed before and some epic stuff. This Iron Father is apparently a limited release too.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Davidian
07-03-2014, 06:04
They're all characters from Gotrek and Felix novels including the duo themselves!

AsleepByDay
07-03-2014, 21:21
Whoever sculpted those models had not read the books -_- much fail