PDA

View Full Version : Anyone getting excited for IG as I am?

Herkamer63
07-03-2014, 15:35
it's been a while since I posted on here. Work has been nuts and I think now things are getting back to normal. Anyway, the Imperial Guard, Adapta Militarum, or what have you, is coming out soon. I don't have an IG army now, but I have played them before and had enjoyed what this army can do. I'm considering getting back to my list I had originally made about 2 years ago and continue to build my purchases. I want to my Elysian army that I had started purchasing and have built sometime in the future. As cool as what the Imperial Knights are, they've had too much love.

New storm trooper models/Veterans, a vehicle, and, my favorite, Ogryns/Bullgryns. Hopefully, not saying they haven't, the big guys will get some more love this time. Maybe it's the fanboy in me and probably won't happen, but an army of Ogryns would be awesiome. It'll be just like my Ogre army in fantasy. Small, but tough. Storm troopers I can see staying the same except a point decrease. An upgrade for kasrikin (I think that's how you spell it, correct if I'm wrong) would cool if you took a certain cadian character and they had an enhanced statline (WS 4, Int 4, ld 8, 9 for the sgt). Finally, I'm curious to see what the new , if it's new, vehicle will be. Part of me says "screw the transport, do a baneblade", but something along the lines of a gorgon or marchius would be fine.

What I really want to see with their new codex? Doctrines making a return. With how big the IG army is, why can't they be as customizable as SM? Have them set up like Chapter Tactics. Do I or anyone see Doctrines coming back? At this point no. There hasn't been any news or rumors that have said they will be making a comeback. If they don't, hopefully their supplements will give them the proper treatment they deserve. Here's hoping.

So is it just me or are their others ready for a new IG codex? I don't really care what the name of the codex will be. We know who it is. Guard has always been an army I wanted to build since I last played them. Let's sound off and hear what everyone else has to say.

IcedCrow
07-03-2014, 15:36
I'm getting excited for the expected rage and succulent tears that will flow, though I imagine they will only be shadows of the tyranid rage and the upcoming ork rage.

We should get a healthy dose of price raging at the very least.

duffybear1988
07-03-2014, 15:57
I'm excited!

If rumours are to be believed then Catachans get their own doctrines again, which is great news for Captain Fane and his company of Calth Irregulars (who like to think of themselves as deathworld veterans).

Model wise I'm really not fussed - my army is almost entirely made of old school metal Catachans and Cadians because I'm old school.

Herkamer63
07-03-2014, 16:01
@ iced crow, well that too. i already have an idea how much an elysian army will be. i have an elysian command squad, and a valkyrie or 2. i haven't gone crazy on the valkyries only because i want to see if they remain in squadrons or not. i'm expecting that they won't, and i can see, not only the price for the dual kit, but a pt increase for the regular and the vendetta. i won't complain, however, if they keep squadrons.

Vedar
07-03-2014, 16:11
I can't wait for the Vendetta nerfs!

Killgore
07-03-2014, 16:18
I hope I can make a Storm Trooper army, got two units so far and with plastics round the corner hopefuly many more!

Ambience 327
07-03-2014, 16:35
I'm excited to see how I can bend the new 'Dex into Counts As armies for my Arbites and Genestealer Cult armies. The existing Allies (especially Inquisition & Adepta Sororitas) already have me stoked, and if some of the new rumored options pan out (CC Ogryn, large transport vehicle, etc) and they don't take away my ability to easily field Carapace Veterans with Shotguns, and Penal Legion squads with cool rules (for Genestealer Hybrids), I'll be a happy camper. :D

Ironbone
07-03-2014, 17:30
M'i excited ? Duh, it's my army, how I can not be :p ? I'd say more :

Isn't this exciting? Are you excited cause I've never been so excited, well, except for the time when 5th dex was about to show up, but I mean really-

Bonus points to those who know from where that line comes from ;) .

I just want army to be usable in tau-eldar-eskalation heavy enviroment of nowdays. I guess, i'm not asking for too much :p?

And yeah, it will be time to say good bye to one of best codicies GW ever made. It wasn't flawless ( Vendetta, I'm looking at you ), but still it was diverse, decently balanced, and niecly captuerd feel of IG army into 40k ruleset. And even as it aged, majority of difficoulty in playing IG army come from other armies rules ( like insane number of ignore cover aka kill guardsman by dozens weapons across the new 6th ed books, or creating of absurbaly durable units like wraighknight or chapter master )

Will next book be better ? Will see. I modaratly optimistic about new models ( when we will finaly see them ? ), and rules. My only big fear is that GW yet another time will fail to make Ogryns usable, as it seems tha game designer are unable to think why they do not work ( changes in ogryns from 3.5 to 5 ed book, outsiede LD were great, but absurd cost increase killed all benefits. Two times over ).

Anyway, will see :).

MarkNorfolk
07-03-2014, 17:39
Ironbone, I agree. The (still) current IG codex is such a joy that anything else may seem like a nerf. Still rumours of Stormtroopers and Ogryns have got looking forward to it no end.

Cheers
Mark

Formerly Wu
07-03-2014, 18:00
I'm excited. I'm concerned about (entirely justified) changes to the Vendetta propagating down to the Valkyrie, however. The design team has a history of using a nerf sledge, and having the Valkyrie take a cost and effectiveness hit just to tone down the Vendetta would be a headache for my air cavalry.

ColShaw
07-03-2014, 18:12
I'm getting excited for the expected rage and succulent tears that will flow, though I imagine they will only be shadows of the tyranid rage and the upcoming ork rage.

There's something the matter with you.

Anyway, as for me... *shrug*. I don't expect to get too worked up about it. I own every IG codex since 2nd Ed (yes, including Codex:Catachans), but I probably won't bother with this one. 6th Ed has lost whatever luster it once had for me, so I'll be just quietly fading away, like I've been told old soldiers sometimes do.

NemoSD
07-03-2014, 18:21
I am split, I am excited and not. I don't have the money to buy a new codex, so I'd rather be further in line :-p

Timathius
07-03-2014, 18:32
I am very excited to be sure. I am a bit dissapointed that GW caught on to the fact that we here in the Eastern US could preorder stuff at around 7pm Friday night at our FLGS.

I already have a full regiment so I dont know how many of the actual models I really need, though I own zero ogryns so perhaps A box of those. I will most definitely be going for the Limited Edition Codex however, the only one I will ever buy most likely. Do we have an idea of who is writing it?

Hive Mind 33
07-03-2014, 18:42

I completely agree, every new book majes this fourm toxic, and ut is so good.

IcedCrow
07-03-2014, 18:49

Indeed, its watching every release be followed by a river of anger.

Langdon
07-03-2014, 18:52

So being a pragmatist is considered a bad thing now?

(for those not in the know)

2.pragmatist - a person who takes a practical approach to problems and is concerned primarily with the success or failure of her actionsrealist (http://www.thefreedictionary.com/realist) - a person who accepts the world as it literally is and deals with it accordingly

Ozendorph
07-03-2014, 18:57
Indeed, its watching every release be followed by a river of anger.

Which, in turn, is followed by geysers of counter-rage, bubbling creeks of defensiveness, and swiftly flowing streams of condescension.

IcedCrow
07-03-2014, 18:59
Which, in turn, is followed by geysers of counter-rage, bubbling creeks of defensiveness, and swiftly flowing streams of condescension.

Yes. This is what creates the sweet chapters of GW releases. Chapter: Tyranids has concluded. Chapter: Dwarves is almost complete. That chapter was benign though. Chapter: IG I think will have some good meaty parts to it but I'm really looking forward to Chapter: Orks. That one has a bookmark made of red velvet and covered in distilled tears.

Ozendorph
07-03-2014, 19:08
Yes. This is what creates the sweet chapters of GW releases. Chapter: Tyranids has concluded. Chapter: Dwarves is almost complete. That chapter was benign though. Chapter: IG I think will have some good meaty parts to it but I'm really looking forward to Chapter: Orks. That one has a bookmark made of red velvet and covered in distilled tears.

Oh, the complaints will be fantasic, I'm sure. The real gems, however, will be the attempts to defend the work at all costs, no matter how glaringly obvious its faults. I wonder if they'll wave away the protests with the tried-and-true "you're not setting up terrain correctly" rhetoric, or if the GWDF (Games Workshop Defense Force) will be pressured into wheeling out the "You simply need to limit yourself to the non-competitive unit choices and only play with people who's views align 100% with your own" argument. Only time will tell, and we'll all have popcorn at the ready.

IcedCrow
07-03-2014, 19:11
That's what makes the show so spectacular.

Ironbone
07-03-2014, 19:16
Personaly, I don't expect $ rant to be *that* big. IG is already quite expensive army ( even for low GW standards ), and unless they will go into crazy re-packs, only new models would be trlly terribly expensive. And even that wouldn't be that tragic in so conversion friendly army as IG.

I'm concerned about (entirely justified) changes to the Vendetta propagating down to the Valkyrie, however.
Well, I'm totaly Ok with vendetta neff, as long they won't push it too far. Wich sadly is highly likely, seeing how stupidly inaccurate can be GW when comes to fixing broken units from codex ed X to codex ed X+1 :p

RanaldLoec
07-03-2014, 19:37
I await the new rumours with both hope, fear and trepidation.

Hope that the new codex brings back some of the lesser used units back into the game.

Fear that the few competitive models I do own may feel the nerf bat.

And trepidation as to who has been trusted with writing the new codex.

Khornies & milk
07-03-2014, 19:50

Anyway, as for me... *shrug*. I don't expect to get too worked up about it. I own every IG codex since 2nd Ed (yes, including Codex:Catachans), but I probably won't bother with this one. 6th Ed has lost whatever luster it once had for me, so I'll be just quietly fading away, like I've been told old soldiers sometimes do.

I'm with you on this one good sir, well in the main anyway.
I have 20K of IG so don't need any new stuff at all, but I would buy new Ogryns and ST just from my 'collector' - side. Plus any new vehicle kits because I'm a treadie.

Game-wise, I'm not interested at all really because I (and my entire group) left 40K (except Apoc) for games offered by GW's competitors.

On the other topic discussed in this Thread....the 'RAGE'. There's a simple way to ignore it - stay away from '40K General Discussion', or at least avoid Threads where the same old half dozen highly vocal, overly-opinionated, ego-massaging posters (pro and anti) who flood these Threads.....talk about a roundabout of mindnumbing crap.

Ironbone
07-03-2014, 20:46
Threads where the same old half dozen highly vocal, overly-opinionated, ego-massaging posters (pro and anti) who flood these Threads
Hey, but thats how internetz works :p.

AngryAngel
07-03-2014, 21:15

How did I know, as soon as I saw this, you'd be here talking about rage and tears. As with anything there will be good and bad, as GW are poor rules writers and don't seek to make things better just different.

Now, that said, I'm looking forward to it. What I would like to see ? Alteration that aren't just hamfisted, this was too good, then smashed with negatives. Though I only see a couple units that could happen to currently. I hope Storm troopers get some substance and are made well tooled for their task, like losing the ap 3 and gaining rate of fire to storm positions and see more viable table top use as more then just suicide squads.

Looking forward to the large assault transport if that ends up being true. As I have a million billion guardsmen, so, bring on the heavy armor ride for them. Doctrines would please me greatly with use of orders and perhaps exapanding on orders to give them more variety and uses.

I'm ready for it and even like hearing about the new Ogryn box, I have a good deal and wouldn't mind some more. We will see however, it may be a mixed reaction but I see Guard players taking it alright, unless they literally throw the army on their ear.

AngryAngel
07-03-2014, 21:22
Oh, the complaints will be fantasic, I'm sure. The real gems, however, will be the attempts to defend the work at all costs, no matter how glaringly obvious its faults. I wonder if they'll wave away the protests with the tried-and-true "you're not setting up terrain correctly" rhetoric, or if the GWDF (Games Workshop Defense Force) will be pressured into wheeling out the "You simply need to limit yourself to the non-competitive unit choices and only play with people who's views align 100% with your own" argument. Only time will tell, and we'll all have popcorn at the ready.

Complete truth said here.

MajorWesJanson
07-03-2014, 21:24
On the other topic discussed in this Thread....the 'RAGE'. There's a simple way to ignore it - stay away from '40K General Discussion', or at least avoid Threads where the same old half dozen highly vocal, overly-opinionated, ego-massaging posters (pro and anti) who flood these Threads.....talk about a roundabout of mindnumbing crap.

And stay away from DakkaDakka entirely. Recently it feels like that place is where you go when GW General here is far too bubbly and polite for your tastes.

IcedCrow
07-03-2014, 21:31
Bols is a close 2nd to that

Ironbone
07-03-2014, 22:34
Meh, let's better save keayboards to compalin after codex is realesed :p. As I said, I'm moderatly optimistic about new dex. Barging tyranids a bit ( who aren't even *half* that bad as internet may say, just very, very undiverse ), every single 6th ed dex bringed a lot new features to the game. With lot of typical for GW screw-ups, but not that bad, as it was just bearly two years ago, when GK/SW/BA trio totaly dominated everthing and everyone.

Guard have decent space for improvments :p ( well, for ****-ups as well :( ), so why not look to brighter side ?

duffybear1988
07-03-2014, 22:56
We can't get started on the real whining without a couple of others showing up for either team. Currently though I think AngryAngel and I could take IcedCrow... maybe :p

I promise to hold off on the doom and gloom until people start to get the codex early. I actually want this one to be good. Still if it flops then I may get a bit vocal.

Theocracity
07-03-2014, 22:59
We can't get started on the real whining without a couple of others showing up for either team. Currently though I think AngryAngel and I could take IcedCrow... maybe :p

I think we need a new forum for these kind of squabbles. Maybe one that keeps track of points scored, assists, etc. We could even run a fantasy league.

MajorWesJanson
07-03-2014, 23:02
Got to start complaining now, to be a forum hipster. Anyone can complain based on partuially understood paraphrased rules and blurry small pictures. But the cool people don't need that, they get by with just their conviction that GW is evil and out to ruin peoples fun, personally.

IcedCrow
07-03-2014, 23:07

I promise to hold off on the doom and gloom until people start to get the codex early. I actually want this one to be good. Still if it flops then I may get a bit vocal.

I'm in spring training right now. I even bought a new wrist guard to help my efficiency at the keyboard. I can't wait!

AngryAngel
07-03-2014, 23:10

I'll be here to fight the good/bad fight depending on which side everyone is on. As well, I'm sure I'll see you in Imperial Guard 6th edition codex release, GWs quest for more money and questionable rules design.

That said, I'm looking forward to this release. I'm sure there will be some things that just make you go ugh. Start stretching out now, need to be limber for when it happens.

I think we need a new forum for these kind of squabbles. Maybe one that keeps track of points scored, assists, etc. We could even run a fantasy league.

I think that would end up the most competitive part of Warhammer then, as well I'd say we'd at least come out with a balanced ruleset for keeping track of it.

Got to start complaining now, to be a forum hipster. Anyone can complain based on partuially understood paraphrased rules and blurry small pictures. But the cool people don't need that, they get by with just their conviction that GW is evil and out to ruin peoples fun, personally.

Being a hipster isn't all its cracked up to be.

Formerly Wu
07-03-2014, 23:12

Pfft, raging at counter-ragers is so overdone. Being a counter-counter-counter rager is where it's at: hating on people who yell at people who dare to criticize people who irrationally hate GW.

Just don't ask anybody to forge a narrative. People hate that.

Theocracity
07-03-2014, 23:14
I think that would end up the most competitive part of Warhammer then, as well I'd say we'd at least come out with a balanced ruleset for keeping track of it.

Thus began the legacy of Forums Workshop, international game company. Soon after its success, fans created sites like Forumseer, where they would endlessly argue about whether the latest Flamehammer rule set is a cinematic beer and pretzels argument or a hasty cash-grab spat.

Formerly Wu
07-03-2014, 23:16
Thus began the legacy of Forums Workshop, international game company. Soon after its success, fans created sites like Forumseer, where they would endlessly argue about whether the latest Flamehammer rule set is a cinematic beer and pretzels argument or a hasty cash-grab spat.
​We need to go deeper.

AngryAngel
07-03-2014, 23:17
I think that would be warhammers final evolution, as all the back and forth reaches its last final stage of creation. There can be only war, that rages forever in the darkness of the internet, with the laughter of wicked GW CEOs.

duffybear1988
07-03-2014, 23:21
Some people moan for legitimate reasons and some people defend GW for legitimate reasons. Some people just want to watch the world burn.

(Yes I did shamelessly steal that quote from somebody else who posted it a couple of days ago. What can I say? Flamehammer 40k is a spawn eat dog world.)

MajorWesJanson
07-03-2014, 23:23

Bah. The Grammar Nazi dataslate is just Pay to Whine. Nothing more than a thesaurus of reprinted words and a chart to roll on to determine whether American or British spelling is to be "correct" this time.

duffybear1988
07-03-2014, 23:24
Wes that is legendary.

Theocracity
07-03-2014, 23:29
Bah. The Grammar Nazi dataslate is just Pay to Whine. Nothing more than a thesaurus of reprinted words and a chart to roll on to determine whether American or British spelling is to be "correct" this time.

Incredible. :D

Ozendorph
07-03-2014, 23:35
ROFL @ "Pay to Whine". There's a future in this. Unfortunately I don't think I'll ever be an elite Flamehammer unit, as I do not have access to the "Paying Australian Prices for this Crap" special rule. Those blokes are OP

AngryAngel
07-03-2014, 23:37
Some people moan for legitimate reasons and some people defend GW for legitimate reasons. Some people just want to watch the world burn.

(Yes I did shamelessly steal that quote from somebody else who posted it a couple of days ago. What can I say? Flamehammer 40k is a spawn eat dog world.)

It's good though. You see you nerf a whole edition of Dark Angels, and everyone is fine, that is supposed to happen. One little Tyranid codex gets poorly written and everyone loses their minds ! You see, that's the thing about GW chaotic rules writing, its fair.

NagashLover
07-03-2014, 23:40
Indirectly sure.

I don't care for IG, but as one person in our group does play them it will be nice to see something new and/or different coming in.

Ironbone
08-03-2014, 13:18
You guys are amazing, ranting about future rant of other people :D....

Well, and I thought my jokes are bad...

Borgomos
08-03-2014, 13:31
My opinion about this release lives and dies by the Veteran\Stormtrooper kit. Such a box has incredible potential for bits to be used for:

-Vetarans
-Stormtroopers
-Command Squad models
-Arbites conversions
-Inquisitor Warband conversions
-Traitor Guard conversions
-Etc etc...

burni
08-03-2014, 13:50
Give me tanks or give me death!

My wants are: artillery kit(s) >>>>>>>>>>> large new tank/transport > everything else. Hope it's a decent sized release and they don't cut things from the codex. Just a few weeks now!

Plague Lord
08-03-2014, 14:07
Ok I'll start the whinefest. I hope that rumoured new transport will have the assault vechicle rule. Yeah even guard get a better assault transport than chaos :(

JK I play assault infantry/mech guard so Im fixed that my blobs will get to combat faster!

Langdon
08-03-2014, 14:57
i will only be annoyed if they drop snipers from the codex.

As rocking up with an army of just snipers and ripping through TauDar is fun. Especially the look on the face of the guy that 30 ratlings cost the same as a WK and put more damage out.. and are just T2

Ayin
08-03-2014, 17:35
As I haven't been keeping track of many of the book releases lately I have a question to anyone that does know. It seems in the Tyranid codex that anything that did not have a GW model was removed (mycetic spore and I think a few other things?), is that a likely possibility with the IG? Could the new codex see the removal of all of the Forgeworld vehichles?

Additionally, beyond the codex, what are everyone's predictions for Dataslates/add-ons to come out minutes after the codex release to 'increase fun'? I'm betting on at least one basic style of guard being left out of the codex only to be 're-introduced' (oh, thanks GW!), and my guess for that would be a mechanized force. Or possibly something (re)allowing units to deploy by air/grav-chute.

duffybear1988
08-03-2014, 18:38
Baneblade squadron dataslate is pretty much a given...

Theocracity
08-03-2014, 19:21
In case anyone didn't see it, G8keeper just posted this in the Rumors thread.

http://s653.photobucket.com/user/Steed_85/media/FB_20140308_14_10_58_Saved_Picture_zps6c3929dc.jpg .html

Notable points:

-Militarium Tempestus = Gothic'd up Stormtroopers.
-The Taurox goes the opposite of what we expected - it looks like an elite unit transport.
-The infantry set builds Tempestus Scions and a Tempestus Command Squad. I guess we'll have to see if either of those could sub for carapace vets.
-This fits 40K Radio's rumors that the new IG releases could be fielded as their own ally-friendly list. I'm interested to see what else makes the release.

MajorWesJanson
08-03-2014, 19:43
In case anyone didn't see it, G8keeper just posted this in the Rumors thread.

http://s653.photobucket.com/user/Steed_85/media/FB_20140308_14_10_58_Saved_Picture_zps6c3929dc.jpg .html

Notable points:

-Militarium Tempestus = Gothic'd up Stormtroopers.
-The Taurox goes the opposite of what we expected - it looks like an elite unit transport.
-The infantry set builds Tempestus Scions and a Tempestus Command Squad. I guess we'll have to see if either of those could sub for carapace vets.
-This fits 40K Radio's rumors that the new IG releases could be fielded as their own ally-friendly list. I'm interested to see what else makes the release.

It looks like the Stormtroopers are given basic and command squads now. And the transport has one version for Stormtroopers and one for Astra Militarum, plain IG.
If Militarum Tempestus is it's own book, separate from the IG codex, either they will be duplicated in the IG codex, or pulled out to be a separate force. Annoying if the latter, but if the former, the Stormtrooper book could combine with the InQ codex for old school Stormtroopers, or with other books as say Arbites.

Langdon
08-03-2014, 20:43
Well I know I will be painting my version of that up to be either The A-Team van or Mean Machine

Disposable Hero
08-03-2014, 21:25
Pah, I have my new codex already. It is called DKoK Assault Brigade.

DoctorTom
08-03-2014, 23:42

Why should there be Ork rage? GW's going to give Ork players a very nifty looted tank at the beginning of April.

IcedCrow
09-03-2014, 00:43
I believe there will be ork rage for the same reason there is tyranid rage: competitive type players are hoping for assault elements that let them bypass the opponents shooting phase and i dont think that will happen. In addition i doubt there will be an OP taudar styled build.

Ayin
09-03-2014, 07:17
I believe there will be ork rage for the same reason there is tyranid rage: competitive type players are hoping for assault elements that let them bypass the opponents shooting phase and i dont think that will happen.

Wait, what?

That's why people are upset with the Tyranid book? "competitive type players are hoping for assault elements that let them bypass the opponents shooting phase"?

I have not talked to a single Tyranid player who had that complaint. That hasn't even been a PART of the complaints I have heard from 'Nid players about the codex. Is this a serious observation, or you just setting up to troll people? I have a hard time telling on here.

IcedCrow
09-03-2014, 07:29
Wait, what?

That's why people are upset with the Tyranid book? "competitive type players are hoping for assault elements that let them bypass the opponents shooting phase"?

I have not talked to a single Tyranid player who had that complaint. That hasn't even been a PART of the complaints I have heard from 'Nid players about the codex. Is this a serious observation, or you just setting up to troll people? I have a hard time telling on here.

First thing to realize is that people have many conversations in many places. I am a part of a good dozen facebook groups alone with these discussions, not counting warseer, dakka, bols, etc... so no one here can claim to have global knowledge of all conversations.

To answer your question - I have talked to many tyranid players (all tournament players) that have complained that the book cannot hold up against top tier shooty armies and that they were hoping for assault elements that could reliably get into assault without taking damage, such as an assault vehicle equivalent. There were rumors before the book dropped of this happening and when it didn't happen, they went ballistic.

There were also mentions of this in the several epic tyranid rage threads, the inability to bypass enemy shooting with reliable assault.

So no - no trolling people.

dooms33ker
09-03-2014, 08:02
Why should there be Ork rage? GW's going to give Ork players a very nifty looted tank at the beginning of April.

Looks like a neat battlewagon to me, and with almost no conversion required! I might get one for my Ork/IG army.

Killgore
09-03-2014, 08:55
Take the Tyranid rants elsewhere people, this thread is for the guard, not filthy aliens.

Judging by the picture of the new stormies they appear to be piling out of a valk, so which might be the best transport option? Armoured car or flyer.

The Emperor
09-03-2014, 09:21
I'm really excited for Imperial Guard, myself. Especially after hearing about the Bullgryns and getting a gander at the new Storm Troopers. I've got a couple ideas for an Imperial Guard force and I look forward to implementing them. I want a combined force of Catachans, Cadians, and carapace armor wearing troops, and I'm going to base various units and models off of characters from TV shows and movies. At the moment I'm thinking Stargate SG-1 (Colonel O'Neill, Teal'c, which would be fun when fighting Necrons), Platoon (Barnes, Elias), Full Metal Jacket (Joker, Animal Mother), and G.I. Joe (Duke Roadblock, Snake Eyes).

I'm also looking forward to the idea of creating a combined Ultramar force. Ultramarines, Ultramar Imperial Guard Regiments, and a local Knight Household. Not to mention Inquisitorial forces from Talasa Prime.

duffybear1988
09-03-2014, 11:08
So that's knights as a primary, the tyrannic war vets dataslate, an allied inquisitor and whatever dataslate the IG get? :)

Darnok
09-03-2014, 12:34

Looks like a neat battlewagon to me, and with almost no conversion required! I might get one for my Ork/IG army.

This, so much. I consider it to be a pre-release wave for the Orks already. :D

In other news: I really wished IC would return to his old avatar. I like your posts buddy, only that avatar annoys me to no end. :(

AngryAngel
09-03-2014, 21:37
First thing to realize is that people have many conversations in many places. I am a part of a good dozen facebook groups alone with these discussions, not counting warseer, dakka, bols, etc... so no one here can claim to have global knowledge of all conversations.

To answer your question - I have talked to many tyranid players (all tournament players) that have complained that the book cannot hold up against top tier shooty armies and that they were hoping for assault elements that could reliably get into assault without taking damage, such as an assault vehicle equivalent. There were rumors before the book dropped of this happening and when it didn't happen, they went ballistic.

There were also mentions of this in the several epic tyranid rage threads, the inability to bypass enemy shooting with reliable assault.

So no - no trolling people.

I understand you want to just rile people up. but how about you keep the talk on topic and if you want to talk of the tyranid codex and people who dislike, make another topic just for that, thank you.

Langdon
09-03-2014, 23:12
I understand you want to just rile people up. but how about you keep the talk on topic and if you want to talk of the tyranid codex and people who dislike, make another topic just for that, thank you.

he was answering a query aimed at him..

and it was very much on topic as it described the fallout from the 'nid dex and he fully expects the same for IG

IcedCrow
09-03-2014, 23:22
Thank you and yes. My response was a response to an inquiry.

AngryAngel
10-03-2014, 00:02
No, not really. He came in, talking of tears and rage. Then, brings up the ork codex and that rage and tears that he believes will come from that. Which yes, brings about a question. That was answered, doesn't make it the topic of this thread at all. When there is fallout, then he can do all the stirring up he wants to. Unless I missed it, the topic is about people being excited of the IG release to come and if so their thoughts on it, not people being excited about possible unhappiness from it and a codex that would come before and after. Nor the history of the nid codex or what Ork players may demand of their codex.

IcedCrow
10-03-2014, 00:27
Tears and rage. Tears and rage. Lawdy all there is are tears and rage.

AngryAngel
10-03-2014, 00:32
Thanks for proving my point.

duffybear1988
10-03-2014, 00:39
Tears and rage. Tears and rage. Lawdy all there is are tears and rage.

:) And people call us the trolls.

IcedCrow
10-03-2014, 00:45
Theres not really much else to respond to when someone is going out of their way to pick a fight with you and i dont feel like another warning from warseer yet :)

Langdon
10-03-2014, 05:22
Theres not really much else to respond to when someone is going out of their way to pick a fight with you and i dont feel like another warning from warseer yet :)

I fully expect one very soon and maybe a ban to go with it..

so what have I got to lose?

The man is an idiot.

He cant seem to grasp that an example of pre-existing rage of an army waiting for update being **** on from the geeks of whineseer, can be used to handle the rage that <insert new release here> will garner in the future.

If he doesnt accept the evidence before his eyes, he is of as much use as a Creationist becoming the new boss at New York's Museum of Natural History.

AngryAngel
10-03-2014, 05:50
I fully expect one very soon and maybe a ban to go with it..

so what have I got to lose?

The man is an idiot.

He cant seem to grasp that an example of pre-existing rage of an army waiting for update being **** on from the geeks of whineseer, can be used to handle the rage that <insert new release here> will garner in the future.

If he doesnt accept the evidence before his eyes, he is of as much use as a Creationist becoming the new boss at New York's Museum of Natural History.

Your right, I can't handle the logic of what he's posting having anything to do with the Op or what your own offers.

Langdon
10-03-2014, 05:53
Your right, I can't handle the logic of what he's posting having anything to do with the Op or what your own offers.
Case and point.

OP said stuff and this nugget

So is it just me or are their others ready for a new IG codex?

so them using the example that nerdrage is everywhere, is a direct response to the OP asking is everyone excited and if they are ready for it.

You just like to act on your name.. and rage like a baby that has lost his pacifier

and my view offers that you are as about as useful to this conversation as Christianity has been to Science.

AngryAngel
10-03-2014, 05:59
How does nerd rage have anything to do with being ready a new IG codex exactly ? It is clear reading his whole post, he's excited for it. As well he was seeing if other people shared that and what they were hoping with it.

Langdon
10-03-2014, 06:05
How does nerd rage have anything to do with being ready a new IG codex exactly ? It is clear reading his whole post, he's excited for it. As well he was seeing if other people shared that and what they were hoping with it.

and it is clear that reading all the responses that the feelings are mixed, and that jumping on the people who can predict the incoming ********* of rage and bile, isnt being the "bigger man"

you are just, to turn a phrase, "loosening the stool"

Formerly Wu
10-03-2014, 06:17
I feel like this entire forum would be better off if certain posters just learned how to use the Block function.

Langdon
10-03-2014, 06:21
I feel like this entire forum would be better off if certain posters just learned how to use the Block function.

But where is the fun of poking the hornet's nest, if they dont respond?

AngryAngel
10-03-2014, 06:22
Edit: Hey thanks for the idea there Wu.

Langdon
10-03-2014, 06:24
I'll just have to disagree there.

well you have been doing it all thread with Iced.. so.. yeah.

New Cult King
10-03-2014, 06:25
Another good thread massively derailed.

Closed pending investigation.

=][=