PDA

View Full Version : Simple line of sight ETC

valle
08-03-2014, 16:01
Hi guys, I have been playing with true line of sight for so long that I am probably one of the few that has a problem figuring out what is supposed to be the simple line of sight. It says that building, hills and impassable block line of sight. But how exactly does that work? Do you have to be able to see more than half of the unit behind the guilding to shoot at it? or do the fact that the building is placed between your cannon and the monster mean that you cant shoot at it, even if you can trace a line to a good chunk of the monsters base?

orionwoodking
08-03-2014, 21:55
In the latest edition we use true line of sight, so if you can get down and trace the eyeline of your model to a limb or torso of another model, then you can see that model. Buildings, hills and impassable usually block line of sight because they are quite large
My understanding is that to be able to shoot at something you technically only need to see part of a model to shoot at it, but if they are at least half blocked by cover then there is a penalty to hit.

valle
09-03-2014, 07:35
Thanks for the reply Orionwoodking... I didnt make myself clear enough though, which was my own fault. This is for the ETC restrictions where they dont use true line of sight, but simple line of sight. Hence my confusion as to how much you actually need to be able to see of a model behind a building that block line of sight.

Satan
09-03-2014, 08:50
I you can see the miniature around the side of the hill or building, then no problem. If it's standing behind the hill or building with the entire base, then no.