PDA

View Full Version : Imperial Knights companion

Palakir
09-03-2014, 17:08
Does anyone got their hands on this book? I would like to get your opinion of it, about the iconography, the fluff and all the stuff that are in it. Do you think it's worthwhile?

IcedCrow
09-03-2014, 17:17
For imagery it is phenomenal

TheFang
09-03-2014, 18:17
For imagery it is phenomenal
Is it just the same drawing of a knight endlessly recoloured with a bit of fluff?

How much text is there? Anyone know of a review?

azza88
10-03-2014, 02:39
Its in every games workshop by now? I had a look at one in Newcastle and it looks very good. Its much bigger than the standard codex, A3 paper size maybe? the photos and color profiles are great. i ended up ordering one...

NerZuhl
10-03-2014, 02:57
Its in every games workshop by now? I had a look at one in Newcastle and it looks very good. Its much bigger than the standard codex, A3 paper size maybe? the photos and color profiles are great. i ended up ordering one...

Has to justify the price after all. I mean, it isn't like you could get the same amount of fluff and rules from a BL novel and a dataslate for half the price :shifty:

AndrewGPaul
10-03-2014, 15:39
Yes, but there's something to be said for the physical presence of an object. I buy digital codexes because I'm interested in the words. I'm buying this (and Imperial Armour and Horus Heresy books) because I'm interested in the thing.

It's not A3; not an "A" size at all. Looks about the same height as a big Forge World hardback, but square.

TheFang
10-03-2014, 18:25
Its in every games workshop by now?

But since they close Monday and Tuesday I can't actually get a look without breaking a door down or making a special journey on the weekend.