PDA

View Full Version : 2500 Pts WoC Speedy List

SSquirrel
09-03-2014, 18:10
So I'm pondering starting a WoC army and I was looking at making an army that was a bit more mobile and largely mounted. I also had another idea that replaced Festus and Chaos Warriors w/Wulfrik and 30 horded Marauders w/flails to ambush in the 2nd turn.

Festus’s Warriors

Lords (485pts)
Daemon Prince (485pts)
Chaos Armour, Demonic Flight, Level 2, Lore of Death, Mark of Nurgle
Burning Body, Flaming Breath, Poisonous Slime, Scaled Skin, Soul feeder
Charmed Shield, Dragonbane Gem, The Other Trickster's Shard

Heroes (613pts)
Chaos Sorcerer (230pts)
Daemonic Mount, Level 2, Lore of Nurgle, Mark of Nurgle
Chaos Familiar, Talisman of Protection

Exalted Hero (193pts)
Army Battle Standard, Flail, Gifts of Chaos (25 p), Mark of Nurgle, On foot, Shield
Armour of Fortune, Ironcurse Icon

Festus the Leechlord (190pts)

Core (878pts)
Chaos Chariot (125pts)
Mark of Nurgle

Chaos Chariot (125pts)
Mark of Nurgle

5x Chaos Warhounds (50pts)
Mutant Poisons, Scaly Hide, Vanguard

17x Chaos Warriors (368pts)
Champion, Musician, Standard Bearer
Halberds, Mark of Nurgle, Standard of Discipline

5x Marauder Horsemen (110pts)
Musician, Flails, Mark of Nurgle, Shields, Throwing spears

Special (245pts)
5x Chaos Knights (245pts)
Knight Champion, Musician, Enscrolled Weapons, Mark of Nurgle

Rare (279pts)
3x Skullcrushers of Khorne (279pts)
Champion, Musician, Standard Bearer, Banner of Swiftness, Enscrolled Weapons

Total: 2500 Points

Wulfrik’s Marauders

Lords (485pts)
Daemon Prince (485pts)
Chaos Armour, Demonic Flight, Level 2, Lore of Death, Mark of Nurgle
Burning Body, Flaming Breath, Poisonous Slime, Scaled Skin, Soul feeder

Heroes (599pts)
Chaos Sorcerer (230pts) (w/Chaos Knights)
Daemonic Mount, Level 2, Lore of Nurgle, Mark of Nurgle
Chaos Familiar, Talisman of Protection

Exalted Hero (189pts) (w/Chaos Knights)
Army Battle Standard, Mark of Nurgle, Shield, Ironcurse Icon, Acidic Ichor, Soul Feeder, Chaos Steed (barded)

Wulfrik the Wanderer (180pts) (w/Marauders)

Core (890pts)
2x Chaos Chariot (250pts)
Mark of Nurgle

30x Chaos Marauders (380pts)
Marauder Chieftain, Musician, Flails, Light Armour, Mark of Nurgle, Shields

5x Marauder Horsemen (110pts)
Musician, Flails, Mark of Nurgle, Shields, Throwing spears

Special (245pts)
5x Chaos Knights (245pts)
Knight Champion, Musician, Enscrolled Weapons, Mark of Nurgle

Rare (279pts)
3x Skullcrushers of Khorne (279pts)
Champion, Musician, Standard Bearer, Banner of Swiftness, Enscrolled Weapons

Total: 2498 Points

Conscious decision not to have a Hellcannon. Any thoughts on the 2 builds? I went with full command in most cases and it's entirely probable I could drop some of those options out and use the points elsewhere. The Warhounds are a bit more expensive when using all the options, but vanguarding out there, maybe getting some poison hits in and having at least some armor save for just 20 points per unit more makes sense to me. Not looking to play in super competitive tournaments, but want to have an army that won't completely suck vs my friends too. Warhammer is pretty big here in Louisville, so I could encounter pretty much any of the 16 armies, incl Chaos Dwarves.

The version showing now has already been edited a bit between someone on the Everchosen's comments and me realizing I was over-armoring. Can't go better than 1+ armor save after all :)

AM1640
10-03-2014, 19:50
I would go with the Wulfrik version because it fits the movement theme a little better.
How have you found the chariots for keeping up with the rest of your force? I just see them falling behind and not being able to combat charge 2nd turn like your knights & skullcrushers. I would be tempted to take a unit of marauder horsemen and give lots of armour and turn them into medium cav.. At least they can keep up with the knights.

SSquirrel
10-03-2014, 21:42
I would go with the Wulfrik version because it fits the movement theme a little better.
How have you found the chariots for keeping up with the rest of your force? I just see them falling behind and not being able to combat charge 2nd turn like your knights & skullcrushers. I would be tempted to take a unit of marauder horsemen and give lots of armour and turn them into medium cav.. At least they can keep up with the knights.

Don't actually own any of this yet, I'm pondering a 2nd army after Skaven and WoC or Ogres is kind of the complete opposite of Skaven heh. That's something to think about. For the price of the 2 Chariots I could have 2 more Marauders w/light armor, but they would lose out on Vanguard. The chariots are M8 and would keep up w/the Chaos Knights and Skullcrushers, it's only the Warhounds and Maruader Horsemen who are Vanguard. Were you maybe thinking of the Gorebeast only being M6?

Right now the army is setup kind of as 3 waves.

Wave 1) Warhounds and Marauder Horsemen vanguard ahead of everything
Wave 2) Chariots, Skullcrushers and Chaos Knights follow along
Wave 3) Warriors mop things up.
alternate Wave 3) 2nd round a horde of Marauders and Wulfrik show up on the rear table edge to shake things up and then next turn go nuts on something :)

Bronhoms
11-03-2014, 09:13
Would you consider both Festus and Wulfric? Festus in warriors and Wulfric with a few marauders? Then **** the knights, you've got plenty to draw fire in those warhounds.

Sendt fra min Nexus 7 med Tapatalk

AM1640
11-03-2014, 15:51
Sorry, no I wasn't thinkking of the Gorebeast chariot, I was thinking of how chariots can't march. Yes you cna vanguard with your warhounds and fast cav marauders, but they aren't going to charge and break anything. Your knights are going to move into a position to charge on turn 2, your chariots are going to get left behind and by the time they are ready to charge in turn 3 or 4 they won't be anything left to charge. I would get rid of them (chariots are infantry support), and go with something faster.

SSquirrel
11-03-2014, 16:08
Would you consider both Festus and Wulfric? Festus in warriors and Wulfric with a few marauders? Then **** the knights, you've got plenty to draw fire in those warhounds.

My hero section is already pretty stuffed or would I be dropping my Sorceror to fit Festus in? So this would be Wulfrik and his marauders, Festus and his warriors, some war hounds and skull crushers plus a dp running rampant?

SSquirrel
11-03-2014, 21:34

So something like this?

Festus + Wulfrik

Lords (565pts)
Daemon Prince (565pts)
Chaos Armour, Demonic Flight, Level 4, Lore of Death, Mark of Nurgle
Acidic Ichor, Burning Body, Flaming Breath, Poisonous Slime, Scaled Skin, Soul feeder

Heroes (563pts)
Exalted Hero (193pts)
Army Battle Standard, Flail, Mark of Nurgle, Shield
Scaled Skin, Talisman of Protection, Ironcurse Icon

Wulfrik the Wanderer (180pts)

Core (1090pts)
Chaos Chariot (125pts)
Mark of Nurgle

20x Chaos Warriors (445pts)
Halberds, Mark of Nurgle, Shields, Standard of Discipline

30x Chaos Marauders (370pts)
Musician, Mark of Nurgle, Flails, Light Armour, Shields

Rare (274pts)
3x Skullcrushers of Khorne (274pts)
Champion, Musician, Standard Bearer, Banner of Eternal Flame, Enscrolled Weapons

Total: 2492 Points

Bronhoms
18-03-2014, 10:36
So something like this?

Festus + Wulfrik

Lords (565pts)
Daemon Prince (565pts)
Chaos Armour, Demonic Flight, Level 4, Lore of Death, Mark of Nurgle
Acidic Ichor, Burning Body, Flaming Breath, Poisonous Slime, Scaled Skin, Soul feeder

Heroes (563pts)
Exalted Hero (193pts)
Army Battle Standard, Flail, Mark of Nurgle, Shield
Scaled Skin, Talisman of Protection, Ironcurse Icon

Wulfrik the Wanderer (180pts)

Core (1090pts)
Chaos Chariot (125pts)
Mark of Nurgle

20x Chaos Warriors (445pts)
Halberds, Mark of Nurgle, Shields, Standard of Discipline

30x Chaos Marauders (370pts)
Musician, Mark of Nurgle, Flails, Light Armour, Shields

Rare (274pts)
3x Skullcrushers of Khorne (274pts)
Champion, Musician, Standard Bearer, Banner of Eternal Flame, Enscrolled Weapons

Total: 2492 Points

Yes exactly like that. Maybe a Vortex Beast instead of the skullcrushers if you want some more magic. Haven't played it all, but I like the idea of that army.

Will you send Wulfric and marauders to ambush?

SSquirrel
19-03-2014, 04:01
Yes exactly like that. Maybe a Vortex Beast instead of the skullcrushers if you want some more magic. Haven't played it all, but I like the idea of that army.

Will you send Wulfric and marauders to ambush?

Yeah Wulfrik will be an ambusher along w/the Marauders in this build. I could also drop the Skullcrushers for 2 Nurgle Chariots or 1 regular and 1 Gorebeast. Honestly dropping the Skullcrushers to make 2 regular and 1 Gorebeast chariot wouldn't be a bad trade at all. Part of the idea of this list was something to be cheaper to start with tho, so Skullcrushers are half the price of 3 chariots :)

I have a different variant where I got rid of Wulfrik's unit and the Skullcrushers and added several more chariots instead. That chariot + Festus's Warriors version ends up w/something like 4 regular and 3 Gorebeast Chariots, and a pack of Marauder Horsemen. It's interesting, but definitely more of a down the line as I collect more stuff kinda army. I've been playing w/so many variatios of this army. Festus tends to always stick around w/the Warriors, but then one version is 6 packs of fully upgraded Warhounds and 2 groups of Marauder Horsemen, plus double Chimera. Not to mention the fully loaded DP. That would be the Super Vanguard Chaos Warriors list heh.

Bronhoms
20-03-2014, 01:14
Sounds mint, with the chariot army, would love to see them cut down some skavens or something weak :p

SSquirrel
20-03-2014, 02:31
Sounds mint, with the chariot army, would love to see them cut down some skavens or something weak :p

Yeah I plan to start w/the Wulfrik+Festus army and as I build things up to collect stuff like the Chimera and Chariots, maybe a couple boxes of Dragon Ogres, be able to shift things around at will. Yeah charging 3 or 4 chariots at big packs of slaves and watching them evaporate would be funny :)