PDA

View Full Version : VC 2.5K Double Bus list

Lord Skrolk
10-03-2014, 11:28
Hi all,

Thoughts on viability pls.

(Amended #01)

:-)

Vampire Lord: Charmed Shield; Ogre Blade; Talisman of Preservation; Red Fury; Beguile; Level 4 Wizard; Barded Nightmare; shield; heavy armour. 513

Vampire: Dragonhelm; Barded Nightmare; shield; heavy armour. 137
Wight King: Luckstone; Skeletal Steed; shield; Battle Standard. 131
Necromancer: Level 2 Wizard. 100

20 Zombies 60
20 Zombies 60
20 Zombies 60
39 Crypt Ghouls 390
5 Dire Wolves 40

8 Black Knights: Hell Knight; musician; standard bearer; barding; lances. 238
8 Black Knights: Hell Knight; musician; standard bearer; barding; lances. 238
2 Fell Bats 32
3 Vargheists 138
3 Vargheists 138

Terrorgheist 225

2,500 points

Kayosiv
10-03-2014, 11:39
I would put more protection on all of your characters. There's no reason you can't work an enchanted shield or dragonhelm in there for extra armor save.

Give your wight king and vampire lances.

I wouldn't bother with a necromancer at all. Use his points to make your vampire better.

Some cheap magic banners on those knights would be good too.

Lord Skrolk
10-03-2014, 13:30
Amended. I can't help but think a necro raising zombie blocks at the back is a good idea?

Kingrick
10-03-2014, 17:33
quickblood on the lord?

Lord Skrolk
10-03-2014, 17:34
Points from where?

Kingrick
10-03-2014, 17:40
fell bats, maybe drop a zombie unit, I dunno, all I know is that re-roll with the ogreblade would be nice to have

Lordcypress
10-03-2014, 18:33
hmmmmm,

The advice I'm going to give you probably won't like. I wouldn't bother upgrading your Vampire Lord to a Level 4 wizard. I would keep him a level 1. His job really shouldn't be casting spells. That's what Master Necromancers are for. With Bus lists you need maximum damage output. Your Vampire Lord has to make kills. Quick Blood is mandatory. I would also reduce the Level 2 Necro to a level 1. This would save you some more points. Heres the character setup I ran last weekend. Again you don't have to use any of these suggestions. I'm just throwing it out there.

Vampire Lord 433pts
Barded Nightmare, Shield, Heavy Armour, Ogre Blade, Dragon Helm, Talisman of Preservation, Potion of Foolhardiness, Red Fury, Quickblood

Master Necromancer 190pts
Level 3, Dispel Scroll

Wight King 187pts
Barded Skeletal Steed, Shield, Lance, Nightshroud, Luckstone, Potion of Speed, BSB

Necromancer 85pts
Power Stone

Both Vampire Lord and Wight King rode in a unit of 9 Blood Knights with the Flag of BloodKeep. The Wight King is the personal body guard for the Vampire Lord. I deploy the Vampire Lord on the edge of the unit with the Wight King right beside him. Nightshroud all but guarantees my Vamp is attacking first with re-rolls and he is a lot safer from return attacks thanks to Nightshroud cancelling out all enemy strength bonus' from mundane and magic weapons.

The Necromancers simply go into a Zombie Bunker and follow in behind the main lines resurrecting stuff.

Like I said you don't even have to acknowledge this post. Its just some food for thought.

Cheers!

AM1640
10-03-2014, 18:56
I agree with Lordcypress in that you need to cause maximum damage on the charge.
If you want to run 2 BK busses then don't take the Master Necro, instead get at least 1 more Vamp hero kitted out for combat (Sword of anti heroes, Redfury, even a regular lance isn't too bad).
Banner of Barrows on 1 of those BK units!!!
Minimum core, 3 min sized zombie units with banners, the rest in dire wolves as chaff and re-directors.