PDA

View Full Version : Teutogen Guard dilemma

Ben81
10-03-2014, 23:35
Ok so I have this dilemma about my teutogen guard unit. As I like the middenheim army I have very recently finished modelling a horde of teutogen guard to act as greatswords. The unit is half newly built conversions and half old storm of chaos metal figures. I really like both sets of models. However, I've just seen on eBay that the metal teutogen guard are selling for 25 for five models!! I'm contemplating selling off the metal miniatures and building another 21 conversions, then using the spare money for other projects...... hmmmm. What do you guys think?

Kingly
10-03-2014, 23:39
Do it, makes sense.

Lorm
11-03-2014, 00:21
Don't know, those models were really awesome, it's a shame they're so rare (at least at the tournaments and clubs i've been).
If you like your conversions much more, use only them, else keep those old timers, they will give prominence to your unit

tezdal
11-03-2014, 00:25
I'd hang on to 'em, beautiful models and well worth keeping.

Voodoo1
11-03-2014, 01:15
I have thirty of the metal ones with two command groups... I really hate metal as it is such a heavy unit to cart around. That being said, I would never part with them. They are my favorite models, and while I'm not a big fan of empire, I have a growing Middenheim army. Damn I wish they would update Bretonnia so I wouldn't be tempted to start other armies!

shelfunit.
11-03-2014, 08:04
I've just seen on eBay that the metal teutogen guard are selling for 25 for five models!!

Heck, that's not a bad deal for them, I've seen them go as high as 10 a model.

Echunia
11-03-2014, 09:48
Yeah, 25 pounds for five isn't that much. If you want to sell them, at least make as much money as you can. Personally I'd say keep them, the price will only go up in the future ;-)

Promethius
11-03-2014, 12:42
Yeah, 25 pounds for five isn't that much. If you want to sell them, at least make as much money as you can. Personally I'd say keep them, the price will only go up in the future ;-)

I think it's a bargain. The new releases are similarly priced and aren't rare or such good models.

Kingly
11-03-2014, 15:26
Mmm, I disagree. I think the new Greatswords are great, addmitedly I haven't sent he Teutogens up close but I'm sure the same can be said from your experience of the new releases.

mostlyharmless
11-03-2014, 16:18
Mmm, I disagree. I think the new Greatswords are great, addmitedly I haven't sent he Teutogens up close but I'm sure the same can be said from your experience of the new releases.

I have 25 of them. They're quite beautiful.

Kingly
11-03-2014, 17:22
Yea agreed, I love all the new Empire Models, the Greatswords, Flagellants & Hunters are pretty great, oh and the DemiGryphs, all very lovely models.

Ramius4
11-03-2014, 19:50
I despise metal as a material for miniatures, but the Teutogen Guard do look cool. I'd keep them.

gorenut
12-03-2014, 17:52
I'd keep them. Easiest the coolest looking Empire foot troops in my opinion.

StygianBeach
13-03-2014, 10:53
Could you post pics of your conversions please?.....

warhammerscotlandplayer
13-03-2014, 15:02
Sell, Sell Sell, If your converted half then why not have a fully converted unit which will stand out. Liquidate them and spend on other projects, ive done it myself with rare items. Sold a small necromundia gang - 10 models, almost made 100.

I like plastic, so light difficult to chip paint. Metals as nice as they are are too much fuss for me.

Spiney Norman
13-03-2014, 15:08
I'd get myself on ebay and pick up the 5 for 25 to add to the unit.

It depends on you really, I'm a bit anal about wanting all the models in a unit to look the same, so unless your conversions are totally spot on with the metal teutogens I would be looking to make the unit into all one, or all the other.

Athelassan
17-03-2014, 21:31
It's really up to you. Personally, I have some Teutogen Guard which I'd be very reluctant to sell even though acquiring matching models will be a real hassle and they'd probably sell for a fair bit. I just think they're great figures which I'm pleased to have in my collection. A part of Warhammer history!

But on the other hand if uniformity is more important to you than nostalgia and the aesthetics of individual figures, selling them would be a fairly smart financial move. 25 for 5 is a bargain; usually they go for a lot more than that.

Dark Aly
19-03-2014, 17:38
I'm with Athelassan here. I have 10 of the old metal daemonettes and 6 mounted ones too, but I won't sell even though I don't have any other daemons because they're great models and I just enjoyed painting them and they now sit with my converted pleasure seeker and my daemon prince made from an old keeper of secrets on a shelf.

If you like looking at them then keep them.