PDA

View Full Version : About the Ogryn thread

AngryAngel
12-03-2014, 18:09
Did I miss something ? Went to sleep last eve and it was going strong, come back today and its gone, like a ghost. Did the thread get sacked by the mods ? Is anyone planning on starting up a new one as we will have surely more rumors coming out on the guard releases.

BTJ
12-03-2014, 18:12
There were photos. I'm just amazed how long it took to get melta'd

Spiney Norman
12-03-2014, 18:14
Did I miss something ? Went to sleep last eve and it was going strong, come back today and its gone, like a ghost. Did the thread get sacked by the mods ? Is anyone planning on starting up a new one as we will have surely more rumors coming out on the guard releases.

I think so yes, the same thing happened to the Horus one, this kind of thing used to happen all the time to threads containing links to pictures on unreleased models. I think we just got lulled into a false sense of security with the imperial knight thread because the mods left it up for ages with the pics actually posted in the thread.

It sucks, I really enjoyed reading everyone's opinions and reactions to it, I can't help wondering if it really was necessary to nuke the entire thread, couldn't they have just edited out the pictures and links...

tiger g
12-03-2014, 18:36
Now I know how the imperial storm troopers felt when they were told these are not the droids you are looking for. :>}

AngryAngel
12-03-2014, 18:53
Well, I hope perhaps when more info drops we'll have another one posted up with more details I can say seeing the thread knocked out was very disappointing.

Spiney Norman
12-03-2014, 18:56
Well, I hope perhaps when more info drops we'll have another one posted up with more details I can say seeing the thread knocked out was very disappointing.

For those that are interested there is still an active link to pictures of Horus and the new hydra model in the locked (duplicate) Horus thread in N&R, though probably not for much longer now I have pointed it out...

hobojebus
13-03-2014, 16:20
The images are easy enough to find removing them from warseer accomplished little but there are legal reasons involved potentially i suppose.

All in all i'm not a fan of the new ogryn, i dont do IG but even if i did i'd save my money or convert my own, each to his own but they are not for me.

Wintermute
13-03-2014, 21:53
I think so yes, the same thing happened to the Horus one, this kind of thing used to happen all the time to threads containing links to pictures on unreleased models. I think we just got lulled into a false sense of security with the imperial knight thread because the mods left it up for ages with the pics actually posted in the thread.

GW didn't contact us requesting removal of the images - so we left them.

It sucks, I really enjoyed reading everyone's opinions and reactions to it, I can't help wondering if it really was necessary to nuke the entire thread, couldn't they have just edited out the pictures and links...
When I received the email from GW requesting the removal of the images I was as work. I don't have the time to read through and edit a thread while I'm at work plus it can't really be done using a phone. I simply removed the thread from public view with the aim to review and edit it later at home and replace in the forums when I'd finished.

Wintermute