PDA

View Full Version : Deff Rollas

wartorngetahroun74
13-03-2014, 13:22
Other than destroying the vehicle it is on, are there any good counters to a deff rolla?

Kingly
13-03-2014, 13:24
It's still a tank shock right? Or are you talking vehicle vs vehicle?

I'd say just move out the way….

A.T.
13-03-2014, 13:35
Other than destroying the vehicle it is on, are there any good counters to a deff rolla?You can sometimes steer the wagon a little by sending a tempting target to the side causing the opposing player to turn and expose their much thinner flank armour.
A simple transport with meltagunners in also causes problems if the ork player isn't ready to disembark to deal with the passengers, though they can put a fair bit of dakka out the top.

Best to hit them early though - get side on or use artillery.

I'd say just move out the way….D6 hits if you move out of the way, 2D6 if you don't.

Ruination Drinker
13-03-2014, 16:31
Death or Glory with a Power Fist Sgt. has always been my favorite tactic. YMMV.

A.T.
13-03-2014, 16:48
Death or Glory with a Power Fist Sgt. has always been my favorite tactic. YMMV.A 1 in 6 chance to do a single hull point, followed by the automatic death of the character and 2d6 S10 hits to his unit?

Kingly
13-03-2014, 16:49
You can sometimes steer the wagon a little by sending a tempting target to the side causing the opposing player to turn and expose their much thinner flank armour.
A simple transport with meltagunners in also causes problems if the ork player isn't ready to disembark to deal with the passengers, though they can put a fair bit of dakka out the top.
Best to hit them early though - get side on or use artillery.
D6 hits if you move out of the way, 2D6 if you don't.

…I have about 3000 points of Ork, quite a large amount of games under my belt, two Battle Wagons…And I never bleeding knew that rule...

Ruination Drinker
13-03-2014, 17:06
A 1 in 6 chance to do a single hull point, followed by the automatic death of the character and 2d6 S10 hits to his unit?

Your Mileage May Vary.Granted, it's not incredibly effective, but it's a chance to add some drama to the game. And if the Sarge pulls it off, you can paste some laurels on his helmet and promote him to Captain!

agurus1
13-03-2014, 18:34
my opponents Battlewagon has the bad habit of trying to ram my fortifications to only roll glancing hits ;) that being said, honestly the only "counter" I know of is to kill it via shooting, or somehow get a charge off on it. Even if you Death or Glory is successful the unit still takes the hits from my understanding right?

Greyhound
14-03-2014, 02:08
My opponent sets the gear stick in reverse and shoots it. Range is 13" only

Minsc
14-03-2014, 03:14
It's only AV12 on the side, and a lousy AV10 in the rear/close combat, and open-topped on top ( ;) ).

Do you really need more counters other than "shoot it"? It goes down really easy in close combat as well.

Losing Command
14-03-2014, 03:43
And you're even allowed armoursaves against a deffrolla. Are those things really that problematic ? With marines I often just ignore those things scratching power armour ...

Greyhound
14-03-2014, 03:48
And by the way this is why my main source of deffrollas are mekboy junkas and big trakks just lots and lots of it so my opponent can't possibly shoot all of them.