PDA

View Full Version : White plastic

JacobDrake
13-03-2014, 18:22
I have just received my Tau commander from GW, when i opened it the plastic was white I thought nothing of it but when I come to glue them together they aren't holding, so just need some advice on what to do? Is it me or the plastic?

Thanks
JD

Theocracity
13-03-2014, 18:30
By Tau Commander, do you mean this one (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440287a&prodId=prod2000045a) or this one? (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440287a&prodId=prod2000043a)

If it's the first one, your problem is that it's Finecast. If it's the second then I have no idea.

ObiWayneKenobi
13-03-2014, 18:55
I'm assuming it's Finecast, which is resin not plastic (possibly "restic" which is a mix, but I think it's pure resin). Use superglue (Gorilla Glue is pretty good, with the blue cap), not plastic glue.

If you're already using superglue, then I have no idea :(

Navar
13-03-2014, 19:09
I'm assuming it's Finecast, which is resin not plastic (possibly "restic" which is a mix, but I think it's pure resin). Use superglue (Gorilla Glue is pretty good, with the blue cap), not plastic glue.

If you're already using superglue, then I have no idea :(

If you are already using superglue and it still won't stay together give the mini a good washing in warm* (NOT HOT) soapy water.

* No warmer than 75F 24C depending on what scale is used wherever underhill is located.

hobojebus
13-03-2014, 19:25
Sounds like a job for cheap non gw superglue.

JacobDrake
13-03-2014, 19:40
Thanks guys, it was the resin finecast so after sticking every part of my body to my to my finger I have finally managed to stick the body together.

JD

LegioDestructor
14-03-2014, 03:57
I just got the Chaos Warpsmith today and asked at GW if it needed special prep like the FW resin, and they assured me that it did not. Superglue did very well at sticking me to the model but I had to pin nearly every piece of him together.

So future reference, soapy water... but for now he will just need two thin basecoats as paint also had a hell of a time sticking to him.