PDA

View Full Version : Change of army

Colonel Lexx
13-03-2014, 18:35
Well I've decided to turn my IG army into an allied force and build up my SM Knights of the Skye chapter up into my primary army ... I decide d to do this for two reasons,
1 - IG seem (to me at least) better as a support army holding a flank rather than trying to charge straight up the battlefield
2 - I would also like a SM army so I can switch between the two

Beside looking at the allies structure I'm allow 1 HQ and 1 Troop choice for a start and then 1 HQ, 1 Elite, 1 Troop choice and 1 each of fast attack and heavy support.

Now for IG that means i can have 2 platoon for a total 186 men, 1 Valkyrie and a LMR battle tank.

Navar
13-03-2014, 18:40
Before you purchase anything you might wait the 3 weeks (or so) for the new IG codex to be released.

Colonel Lexx
13-03-2014, 18:45
Aye I was this isn't set in stone ... But having them as a ally rather than main army seems like a possible way to have a good balance of strength and durability that IG lack on their own

Inquisitor Engel
13-03-2014, 19:25
Now for IG that means i can have 2 platoon for a total 186 men, 1 Valkyrie and a LMR battle tank.

You realise there's no normal points value that would allow you to field that much guard and have room for a worthwhile Space Marine main detachment? Any situation where you get that high and you're playing Apocalypse games, which doesn't use the FOC anyway.

tiger g
13-03-2014, 19:27
Also what is the gaming environment you are playing in and what type of terrain will be played on?