PDA

View Full Version : Space marine seige assault vanguard list opinions?

Camman1984
14-03-2014, 01:27
What do people think about this forge world list? Tempted to use it for my iron hands but wasnt sure how balanced it was, although it does seem largely similar to the regular marine dex.

agurus1
14-03-2014, 04:05
Big thing about siege assault list is that EVERY GAME your opponent places a free objective in their deployment zone. If your army doesn't control that objective by the end of the game, no matter what else happens, you can only ever draw the game. So your entire list really needs to be geared to getting scoring units into your opponents deployment zone. So fluffy? Yes! Fun? Sure! Uphill struggle from the start every game? Hell yes!

Camman1984
14-03-2014, 14:54
Yeah, i wondered about the seige objective too, at least you get more chance to get up the field than the krieg seige list. I wondered if that massive weakness was actually balanced by the rest of the list.

Zombie P
14-03-2014, 15:42
Yeah, i wondered about the seige objective too, at least you get more chance to get up the field than the krieg seige list. I wondered if that massive weakness was actually balanced by the rest of the list.

It is, but you still have to essentially smash the door down on your opponents every game. Someone will just pick the best piece of bunker terrain and hole up in there with their entire army. A good general with that sort of lynchpin on your battle plan will take quite some beating. There will probably be some situations he can put you in where you are never going to get it, as in it will be literally impossible for you to reach it. So yeah, its a fun list, but it is really going to be a challenge for you every game, even against a weak opponent.

Good luck to you

ZP

Hengist
14-03-2014, 15:48
Having used the list in games between 1500 and 3000 points, my assessment would be that there are no outright abusive options in the list, but that it's pretty competitive for Marines that aren't silver or grey. I've never found the siege objective problematic; if you can't take and hold an objective in your opponent's deployment zone with a list tailored to do so, you probably don't deserve victory.

Also "siege", not "seige". Those little red lines aren't just for decoration.

A.T.
14-03-2014, 16:03
my assessment would be that there are no outright abusive options in the list... intercepting hunter squadron ...

Camman1984
14-03-2014, 17:39
I might have to give it a go, didnt realise i thought those little red wavey lines were just a treat for me :p.

I might have to give it a go. Any recommendations on tactics hengist if you have used it before?

agurus1
14-03-2014, 19:05
I would go assault units in Raiders as a given. Getting in the opponents face means close combat is going to be a thing, and that means Siege Assault Squads. I think they will be your bread and butter, that and maybe some dreadnought talons. Pretty good armour saturation with a wall of AV12-13-14 all of which your opponent doesn't want to get there. Caestus Assault Rams are good for getting troops where you want them. Also don't forget you can now take squadrons of up to 1-3 Vindicators/Predators.

Camman1984
15-03-2014, 11:31
I wrote my first seige list yesterday and found that what i gielded would probably have just about fit into a standard foc anyway, squadrons are great but you still have to pay for the tanks so the points quickly add up.

With extra points spent in vehicles the troops section quickly shrinks and that seige objective looks further and further away.

9 dakka preds for 850 ish points seems tempting though, death to hordes!!!