PDA

View Full Version : What are the major difference between CODEX: INQUISITION and CODEX:GK INQUISITION?

SanDiegoSurrealist
14-03-2014, 23:18
Interested to know how much difference there is between the Grey Knights INQUISITION and the CODEX: INQUISITION (EBOOK EDITION)?
Are there major differences other than the FOC?
Is it worth the $25?

Wiseman
14-03-2014, 23:47
access to vallyries, 3 warlord trait tables a couple of relics and priests in henchmen units

Lord Damocles
14-03-2014, 23:53
Also Henchmen are scoring in an Inquisition primary Detachment regardless of Coteaz being present; and Inquisition Rhinos/Razorbacks/Land Raiders don't have Fortitude or access to Psybolt ammo.

Ghazbad_Facestompa
15-03-2014, 00:10
Also, Codex: Inquisition is Battle Brothers with all other Imperial armies and doesn't take up the allies slot.

Spiney Norman
15-03-2014, 01:52
Interested to know how much difference there is between the Grey Knights INQUISITION and the CODEX: INQUISITION (EBOOK EDITION)?
Are there major differences other than the FOC?
Is it worth the $25?

For me that main difference is that I can take an allied detachment from Codex inquisition without either a.) Coteaz or b.) any grey knights which makes it perfect for what I want to use it for.

Ministorum priests are pretty handy too

Ambience 327
15-03-2014, 19:08
Some units in Codex: Grey Knights (such as Death Cult Assassins & Crusaders) have access to Power Weapons, where in Codex: Inquisition they only have Power Swords.

Loopstah
15-03-2014, 19:34
Also Henchmen are scoring in an Inquisition primary Detachment regardless of Coteaz being present; and Inquisition Rhinos/Razorbacks/Land Raiders don't have Fortitude or access to Psybolt ammo.

All Inquisition vehicles except the Valkyrie can take Psybolt ammo, it's listed on the vehicle equipment list.

Lord Damocles
15-03-2014, 22:40
All Inquisition vehicles except the Valkyrie can take Psybolt ammo, it's listed on the vehicle equipment list.
I never noticed that. Coolio.

inq.serge
15-03-2014, 22:49
Inquisition is 1-2 HQ and 0-3 Elites. Weather it's the primary detachment or an Inquisitorial Detachment. The inquisitorial detachment is kind of an allied detachment, except that you may take it in addition to an allied detachment. A primary Inqusition detachment may take an inquisitorial detachment. (Yes, a single inquisitor is a valid army).

Also, Inquisition Chimeras may take psybolt ammo.

They get no hierophants, but they can get priests.

DoctorTom
16-03-2014, 21:13
If you want the Inquisition as an ally in an Imperial army without using up your ally slots, then it's definitely worth the money.