PDA

View Full Version : New fantasy army

Balikar
16-03-2014, 21:01
hey all just a quick chat. thinking of starting a new fantasy army. used to play bretonnia. but i want to start a new army and am looking for idea's. thinking of geting away from cavarly if i can. not sure wat kind of army im thinking of starting and was hoping for some ideas.

Lastavenger
16-03-2014, 21:09
used to play bretonnia. but i want to start a new army and am looking for idea's. thinking of geting away from cavarly if i can.For me direct opposite of Bretonnia is skaven race, both game style and fluff.

Malagor
16-03-2014, 21:09
Dwarfs.
Not a horsey in sight and is quite the change from the fast and aggressive Brets.

Balikar
16-03-2014, 21:15
i had thought dwarfs for range. wat are they like for hand to hand and range in the new book ?

Malagor
16-03-2014, 21:29
Excellent mid-range shooting even tho BS3 but they hurt when they hit especially the war-machines(and with the rune system you can negate much of these drawbacks).
Melee they are very strong especially when you look into the more elite troops like the longbeards.
But the dwarfs can be summed up to slow and defensive which is the direct opposite of bretonnians fast and aggressive. With Brets you need to get the charge, with dwarfs however it's nice when you get the charge but you don't need it, you will no doubt win the fight anyway.
But do note that you will have no magic phase unless you take the anvil which IMO is still up to debate wether or not it's worth it. Other then that, you are mostly anti-magic which is fun in it's own way.

Balikar
16-03-2014, 21:36
sounds good. how are they for just getting bk into fantasy ? easy enough to use ? been ages since i played fantasy. ive been playing 40k games for the last 2 or 3 years.

palm
16-03-2014, 22:10
Chaos daemons. Lots of variety.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Balikar
16-03-2014, 22:24
i would have thought deamons to be hard to play to get bk into fantasy beacause of the variety.

palm
16-03-2014, 22:29
Had my first game in 3 years with daemons, had such a good game and they performed well.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Balikar
16-03-2014, 22:53
might have a look. to better understand them. im not very familiar with the deamon army. think i played one or two games against them years ago.

Ograr
17-03-2014, 11:16
Seconded on Dwarves or Skaven, with a personal preference towards Skaven.
Bretonnia is all knights and chivalry and honour, Skaven is all infantry, backstabbing and lying. It's an army that focuses on hurling destruction at your enemy and cowering behind your lines instead of meeting them on the field and charging bravely forth.

If you want something different, can't get much more different than Skaven.