PDA

View Full Version : Bloodcrushers or Screamers

palm
16-03-2014, 22:25
Me and the wife have started a joint army together. I haven't played in around 3 years so getting back to it. We are looking at adding some specials. Any one have any advice out of the two units?

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

HereComesTomorrow
16-03-2014, 23:03
Do you mean Bloodcrushers or Skullcrushers?
Cause one is way better than the other.

Sexiest_hero
16-03-2014, 23:26
He means the daemon ones, I'd say crushers. Just for the meat grinder herald that puts out 10 attacks on the charge.

thesoundofmusica
17-03-2014, 00:52
Crushers look cool and add some high strength to your army, but unless supported by magic or other units they often disappoint.
Both crushers and screamers are decent at what they do. Go by aesthetics.

Ograr
17-03-2014, 10:51
The Bloodcrushers are brute force that you just slam into enemy lines to watch them cut mooks apart.
The Screamers are most viable when you utilise them like a game of Draughts over enemy lines, making them a lot more difficult to play with, but possibly more rewarding if you're willing to take the effort.

Though really, it depends on what kind of army you want and what you like to paint. Both models are amazing looking (in my opinion) so go with the one you think you'll enjoy most.

Lorm
17-03-2014, 11:32
I've played Skullcrushers, they're awesome, but i wouldn't say that Bloodcrushers are bad; while they have less armor and attacks, they also cost less points (but still expensive) and have a ward save + magic resistance.
I don't play daemons, but i've seen them and i'm considered an experienced player, so IMHO: crushers are used for charging expensive, but not too dangerous units, or for supporting charges(flank or rear charges for examples), however they seem pretty difficult to use and if you want a big unit the entire army should be built to provide them support; screamers are simply chaff clearing, they can also be used for damaging without charging (shooting like attacks) or, very carefully, for supporting charges.
I like screamers' models more, but that's because i always prefer Tzeentch (my taste), crushers are pretty good models too, probably a bit hard to assemble though.

palm
17-03-2014, 20:33
Think I will try them out to see how I perform best with them. Aesthetically they are both fantastic models.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

the_picto
17-03-2014, 20:50
He means the daemon ones, I'd say crushers. Just for the meat grinder herald that puts out 10 attacks on the charge.

You've got me curious, what herald set up are you referring to?

Screamers are pretty good. Very fasts, can take out chaff and warmachines and lampreys bite gives some use against large targets.

ArtificerArmour
17-03-2014, 22:27
I'm guessing its the frenzy herald with blade of blood.

Herald - 3A, frenzy +1A, blade +3A if three models in B2B, Jugg 3 A +frenzy 1A
7z st6 attacks, + 4 ST6 (on the charge, of course)

All for the bargain price of...260pts :/

Sexiest_hero
18-03-2014, 06:46
That's not that much compared to some lord choices and a lot more killy. He eats rank and file so I never have to take instability tests,

the_picto
18-03-2014, 13:00
Hmm, that sounds pretty good. I've been dismissing khorne heralds so far. Is it worth going with the +2 attack sword instead? 1 less attack, but you don't need to be in base contact with 3 models for the bonus.

Sexiest_hero
18-03-2014, 19:22
To each his own, I ran him that way becaus I needed to cause massive damage because bloodletters arn't for prolonged combats, and I needed every kill. The +2 sword w
ould work just as well.

Rawdogg15
19-03-2014, 22:26
All I can find in the rule book is that the blade of blood gives +1S and killing blow. Where do the +3 attacks come from for having three models in BTB contact?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ArtificerArmour
19-03-2014, 22:59
May be axe of khorne

Rawdogg15
19-03-2014, 23:26
That's it! Axe of khorne does do that. That's a pretty tasty combo! Thanks for pointing it out.

Daenerys Targaryen
19-03-2014, 23:54
That's it! Axe of khorne does do that. That's a pretty tasty combo! Thanks for pointing it out.

Just don't try it vs. Elves as their nasty ASF will kill the Herald before he strikes, unless you're getting a flank charge into something worthless like archers/spears/etc...

Any intelligent opponent will always direct as many attacks as possible into your nearly-naked, T4/W3 Hero.

Sexiest_hero
21-03-2014, 23:26
As long as you don't run into say witch elves, He's pretty ok as far a heroes go. Everything has a counter, but for Core killing to hero light lord and monster duty he does a sick amount of damage.

Ratbeast
22-03-2014, 05:59
Beast of nurgle for the win

ArtificerArmour
22-03-2014, 06:19
beast of nurgle for the win

omg r u a gt winnah plz tell us moar of ur tiktaktak finking???////!!111

Rawdogg15
22-03-2014, 10:01
Just paused to think about the title of this thread. Is there any conceivable reason why, if you like both units, you couldn't just take crushers AND screamers in the same army? That's certainly what I'm planning to do with my daemons.