PDA

View Full Version : Crimson Slaughterer's Nurgle Lord of DOOM

MajorCorruption
17-03-2014, 18:21
Got a chance to thumb through the Crimson Slaughterer's supplement today and had the following idea:

Chaos Lord w/ CCW load out of your choice
Mark of Nurgle
Palanquin of Nurgle
Blight Gernades
Slaughterer's Horns
Daemonheart
Profit of Voices

So your WS6 T5 W5 A4 2+/5++, Fear, Fearless, Fleet, Furious Charge, Rage, It Will Not Die, Hammer of Wrath, Defensive Grenades, Random New Possessed Abilities for 200 points + weapons.

Now you could make a more effective lord on a bike with out Profit of Voices, and he would also be cheaper... But not nearly as cool my possessed monstrosity....

Slayer-Fan123
17-03-2014, 18:25
It's still not as effective as a Lord on a Bike because T6 and better mobility. I played around with your concept earlier though as it DID sound fun.

Lanacane
17-03-2014, 18:52
Got a chance to thumb through the Crimson Slaughterer's supplement today and had the following idea:

Chaos Lord w/ CCW load out of your choice
Mark of Nurgle
Palanquin of Nurgle
Blight Gernades
Slaughterer's Horns
Daemonheart
Profit of Voices

So your WS6 T5 W5 A4 2+/5++, Fear, Fearless, Fleet, Furious Charge, Rage, It Will Not Die, Hammer of Wrath, Defensive Grenades, Random New Possessed Abilities for 200 points + weapons.

Now you could make a more effective lord on a bike with out Profit of Voices, and he would also be cheaper... But not nearly as cool my possessed monstrosity....

I'll just place my pie plate here and BANG the dirt is gone

i just love that my libby just has to hit you once for a chance to kill it.

I mean you are paying alot for no EW

drbored
17-03-2014, 19:21

That's why I prefer the Bike at the end of the day. Faster, higher Toughness, and nobody in my local Meta plays with Librarians or any sort of Force Weapons, so I don't have to worry about that other junk.

Scammel
18-03-2014, 09:57

A: I'm not sure how many S10 pie plates are going around these days and B: that's always the case with Chaos characters. No Eternal Warrior to be found. Besides, it's not as though the Librarian is getting through the armour without going last and by that point, there's good odds he's dead.

gwarsh41
18-03-2014, 15:40
I would worry more about how many MCs are popping up in the world than S10 pie plates. wraithknights, riptides, canoptek spyders, daemons and nids will take the dude out. Not to mention walkers of all shapes and sizes.

Seems pretty cool though, how does it compare to a daemon prince?

Kingly
18-03-2014, 17:08
My IG have 5 x STR10 Pie Plates :D

druchii
19-03-2014, 23:20
A: I'm not sure how many S10 pie plates are going around these days and B: that's always the case with Chaos characters. No Eternal Warrior to be found. Besides, it's not as though the Librarian is getting through the armour without going last and by that point, there's good odds he's dead.

That's the case with ANY character that wants to be in combat and lacks EW. T6 is an exception because of his tolerance of S10 hits, but, dang, a combat character that costs as much as a land raider and is MC bait?

I'll pass.

d

Gig
20-03-2014, 00:54
You could make this dude a Psyker at the cost of 1 wound and WS but gain access to Biomancy which can potentially remove his weakness to str 10, also gives him a force weapon to make monsterous creatures think twice about fighting him :)

Lanacane
20-03-2014, 01:45
You could make this dude a Psyker at the cost of 1 wound and WS but gain access to Biomancy which can potentially remove his weakness to str 10, also gives him a force weapon to make monsterous creatures think twice about fighting him :)

not really..

he still costs alot and doesn't have EW.. jaws will kill the bugger.. and Puppies can fit 4 in a 1k game.

Slayer-Fan123
20-03-2014, 04:47
not really..

he still costs alot and doesn't have EW.. jaws will kill the bugger.. and Puppies can fit 4 in a 1k game.
Jaws kills everyone though, EW or not.

Slayer-Fan123
20-03-2014, 04:48
not really..

Jaws kills everyone though, EW or not.

Scribe of Khorne
20-03-2014, 04:51
Yeah, EW or the lack there of, makes me a sad sad CSM player.

Slayer-Fan123
20-03-2014, 09:29
Yeah, EW or the lack there of, makes me a sad sad CSM player.You COULD use the Black Legion supplement, but then you gotta buy VotLW on everything which sucks.

Gig
21-03-2014, 00:54
Biomancy does give him the potential to get Eternal warrior, and he will have a 3/4+ deny the witch against anything that has Jaws.

Fingers
21-03-2014, 18:04
Not to mention he may not face a lot of SW players. Aside from myself there is only 1 in my group, who always takes Div Powers, and has been playing his Iron Hands more as of late.