PDA

View Full Version : Dan's Weekly Poll #4: Would You Start a New Warhammer Army in the Next 6 Months?

Lord Dan
18-03-2014, 03:04
About a year and a half ago, I ran a thread on the same topic here (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?343301-Will-you-be-starting-a-new-Warhammer-army-in-the-next-6-months). Of 248 respondents:

71.37% said that they would not likely start a new army.
25% said they would likely start a new army.

Ever interested in vaguely comparative data, I think it's high time we re-run the poll to see where things stand with GW's 2014 prices.

Please take a moment to answer the poll, above.

Kakapo42
18-03-2014, 03:12
Very unlikely for me, but that's mostly because I'm still working on my current one.

In_Fiction
18-03-2014, 03:25
I voted down the middle since I would like to start a new army, but my current situation doesn't make building a second army that feasible. Down the road I plan on having 3-4 armies, but right now my Empire is good enough to make me happy. However, since I do have some of the figures for my second army already purchased, I might be tempted to break them out...

Vadth
18-03-2014, 03:32
This was kinda hard for me to answer. I am thinking about starting a new undead and elf armies but the key word was GW models. I just started working on a Tomb King army that will be auxiliary force for my Warriors of Chaos army in Storms of Magic games but outside of warriors bits, I am not sure if I will be using full GW models. On the other hand my LCS still has a Wood Elf Battalion box that I'm considering picking up. I mainly want it to cannibalize the dryads into my Chaos army. The rest will start a new elf army. Again I am not sure if I will be buying any more of GW models for it after the Battalion box, but since its starting with GW models I guess it counts for this poll.

dwarfhold13
18-03-2014, 04:05
Assuming you mean a fully GW army.... Heck no!

They are cranking stuff out way too fast for my ADD/plastic crack addicted brain to get around. I can't afford it anymore. And on top of that, if I did, I wouldn't be using their figures because they have surpassed my value mark.

CountUlrich
18-03-2014, 04:05
I will. Actually just did. I love my empire, but expanded into vampire counts recently, and am really enjoying them so far too. If I had the cash I would like to go one more, but it's liable to be quite some time becore I can do that.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Voss
18-03-2014, 04:15
Eh. No. Nothing is really catching my interest at the moment. Part of it is simply having no idea what is going on at the moment- where the game is going, what they intend or even what is around the corner- if a new edition is dropping this year, or even if there will be much in the way of fantasy at all. Add in the design angle they're going for with recent fantasy books- too many special rules and random additions rather than a solid core concept.

Part of it is more on the personal side with no stable place (or group) to play, or the time to work on things- too many real obligations in the way.

SuperHappyTime
18-03-2014, 05:25
I have collected ~1000 points of every army but Ogres (Looking for a decent offer).

Since I'm likely to get them in the next 6 months, I said Likely.

Col.Beefeater
18-03-2014, 05:26
Well dwarfs have a new book and I've painted 10 so far from the battle of skull pass set ive had laying around for ages. I always needed a second army to demo my high elves and sucker new players into the game. Stunties will do the trick and ill take them up to 1500 or so with 2 gyros, a bomber, some more longbeards, and some more miners.

Greyshadow
18-03-2014, 05:33
Will be happily working on my Empire army and scenery projects (stuff I've bought from my local GW store). Likely that this poll reflects changes in the warseer community rather than anything else but yes it is still interesting.

SteveW
18-03-2014, 08:00
There are only two armies that I have zero interest in and those are the two armies I don't have any models of, Skaven and Empire. So the likelihood of me starting a new army is zero.

Lord Cedric
18-03-2014, 08:23
Since I own 15 Fantasy armies. ... probably not.

- Lord Cedric

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Karak Norn Clansman
18-03-2014, 09:24
What armies I want, I've already started. :)

Edit: Except for Death Korps of Krieg. But with that cost I think I'll wait more than just half a year. :D

thesoundofmusica
18-03-2014, 09:59
I'm starting two new armies, Empire and Dwarfs. Was going to do just Empire but I've always wanted a Dwarf army and now finally the models match my vision :)

shelfunit.
18-03-2014, 10:02
Almost no chance. The handful of races that cannot be found from other manufacturers at a fraction of the cost for better or no worse quality miniatures I have already got forces for. For those that I do have from GW, I am considering selling, then buying the alternatives to an equivalent sized army, then looking for something to spend the £100's I have left over on - currently looking at 10mm for fantasy and 6mm for sci-fi, the only real way to represent "mass" battles.

HybridTheory
18-03-2014, 10:12
Well, I have a hefty empire army still in grey... So, I doubt it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ARabidNun
18-03-2014, 10:13
I think that your poll needs a choice, like never, ever, ever. No, seriously there are so many different variants that can influence someoneés decision to start a new army. As already mentioned, if it is a GW fantasy army, then no way. The prices have become too high to justify throwing down 600 USD for a basic 2400+/- list that is mildly competive, but if we take into consideration competitor companies such as AoW or Mantic, then it becomes more reasonable, but still extremely expensive compared to starting WarmaHordes or Infinity.

Now take into consideration the players that already have several armies. I for one own 3 40K armies (none of which are fully painted) and 6 fantasy armies (3 which are fully painted). I was interested in starting a new army but with the prices and the speed at which GW was releasing new army books, I couldn't keep up wih the painting, updated books, new figurines. I know that I didn't need them and noone forced my hand, but the rate they were releasing left little time for people to choose and relied heavily on "must have now" impulse buying.

My final addition is that I have just become a father within the last few months, and that puts a HUGE limitation on budget, priorities and time, so for me it is out of question that I start a new army based on the demands for Games Workshop, I have however bought a starting box for Hordes (convinced my wife to try :) )

Treadhead_1st
18-03-2014, 10:17
Probably, assuming I get my High Elves finished in 6 months time - I've a small number of Wood Elves waiting in the wings for a new book, and I really want to do a themed Dark Elf force too. Money is, as ever, an issue - but given I tend to spend less in a month on plastic crack than my friends do going out drinking (which I can't for various reasons) I really don't see the prices as that bad. This hobby gives me something to do and stops me getting bored (and is a hell of a lot cheaper than a new console and modern games) so it has value to me.

Most of my work will be going into 40K though - have several armies all in various WIP stages that need finishing off, so they maybe sort of count too? Either way, voted "Likely".

Zombie P
18-03-2014, 10:17
Defiantly. My empire are already in the pipe line, just finishing off the last... 23 imperial fists, then I will be placing my order. 1 battalion, 1 box of wizards, 1 box of generals and 1 box of state troopers. Should be around 1200pts, the perfect size to fight my wifes lizardmen and my mates high elves. Whether they will win the eternal battle for my wallets attentions after this spree is another matter, but they should get some attention once they are fighting regularly.

ZP

jullevi
18-03-2014, 10:34
I wouldn't start a completely new army if it meant buying an army worth of models. The cost of starting a new army is definitely an issue, but I am more bothered by the lack of coherency within model ranges. New models usually look great but the older ones are either different style or pants otherwise. Unfortunately the worst looking models are usually core models. The only ranges that are coherent enough for me to consider starting a new army are Daemons and Ogre Kingdoms, and I already do Daemons.

However, having been into hobby for 15 years does have its privileges. I don't necessarily have to buy new models to start new army projects. There is always a number of spare models in the Treasury. Recently, I started a new Lizardmen army by stripping my 5th edition army that I hadn't touched since 6th edition. I threw away any plastic core models and searched eBay for metal replacements. A new, 2000+ points army ended up costing less than £100 (for me it counts as new if I'm painting it from scratch). It also helps that I don't really play the games. The new projects don't have to be that big or game legal.

Daniel36
18-03-2014, 10:46
Very unlikely. I was happy to sell my Wood Elves, I am constantly thinking of selling most of my Empire (bar stuff I can use for Mordheim) and I am currently painting models for a Nurgle Chaos army with no other intention than either lending them to a friend for a friendly campaign or selling them.

I will reserve thoughts on Warhammer (and probably my Empire army) until the release of 9th edition. If the rumours turn out to be true that it is heading back to smaller scale skirmishes I might find enjoyment in collecting an army then, and my Empire army will then be redone. But honestly, only if they capture the same feel that I got from Dark Omen. Otherwise, I don't see the point.

Naley
18-03-2014, 11:49
Unlikely for me! Had a buying spree that started in back in 2010/2011. Cased my bretonnians(5500 pts), started HE(7600 pts) when 8 th came out - then TK(8600 pts) - and empire(5500 pts) after that. Have realised I don't need more stuff and the latest army. Would rather try to finish a army and get to know it gaming wise. I am now back to HE since they are are my strongest army. The only thing is if brets get a new book, I quess their range will be totaly renewed. So if brets get a new book its like a new army :D Have a no new army policy - only trouble is 40k allies/supplements = the perfect excuse :rolleyes:

Spork
18-03-2014, 12:02
Since I'm still totally into my He's and Dwarfs due to the new releases from last month/year I likely will not start a new Army (be it WHFB or 40K). Although I might buy some new Dawi. I'm currently to occupied with converting a 2nd Phoenix and playing Hearthstone (which can be combined wonderfully)!

iamjack42
18-03-2014, 12:11
Very likely. I've already started purchasing models for my Kemmler/Krell barrow army and will begin putting the army together this summer, after I've got my 3000 point tournament High Elves up to snuff painting-wise.

Metacarpi
18-03-2014, 12:16
I voted unlikely, because I started a new army barely a month ago, so the likelihood of me starting another one within 6 months is fairly slim!

Daniel36
18-03-2014, 12:22
Very likely. I've already started purchasing models for my Kemmler/Krell barrow army and will begin putting the army together this summer, after I've got my 3000 point tournament High Elves up to snuff painting-wise.
There should be a country built specifically for all us narrative gamers. Maybe somewhere Scandinavian, so we can play our battles in fantasy-esque environs. I'd love an ongoing campaign where my Talabeclanders will square off against Dan's Ratmen of Talabheim while constantly sieged by Kemmler and his legion, crying out for help to Boreas' Stirlanders with their crazy contraptions.

We could build a table the size of the Empire!

Alltaken
18-03-2014, 12:50
I dont think so, unless the wood elf release doesnt happen, I just have a batallion, couple of heroes and a lotr ent as my treeman and I really want the new book and plastic minis to expand my army. If by june nothing happens I think I'll start dawi zarr (chaos dwarves), still looking for a good convertion for the blunderbus unit

From my servoskull

underscore
18-03-2014, 13:10
I can't vote or see the poll via mobile, but for me the answer is no. I've got 2 armies already so I'll probably keep them ticking over, maybe throw in the odd merc or Kill Team addition if I'm feeling bored.

Horus38
18-03-2014, 13:51
My Lizardmen need all my warhammer love, none left for another army! :)

InstantKarma
18-03-2014, 14:06
I answered likely. I've become disillusioned with 40k and my friends ad I have started a blog chronicling our venturing into WHFB.

The problem for me is, which army to collect/play :D

Timathius
18-03-2014, 14:09
I answered very likely, as I just started a brand new Dwarf army.

Spiney Norman
18-03-2014, 14:23
No, definitely not, apart from anything else, I already play all the armies I find appealing. Now I am more interested in expanding my existing armies, and I've recently started exploring the warhammer force stuff, getting a troll hag and squig gobba for my greenskins.

I'm even less likely to start a new 40k army as the game is such a mess I've actually started looking elsewhere to get my sci-fi yahoos out and bought myself a Star Trek attack wing set this past week.

m1acca1551
18-03-2014, 15:17
I'm just really over it all to be honest, I really miss the feel that shadow of the horned rat and dark omen brought to the table and over all feel of the game.

No army appeals to me as an impulse buy, I feel very little motivation beyhond "oh yeah, that looks cool" or "wow that things a beast on the TT". Plus for the cost, nah, I can't rationalise the prices to myself let alone my wife.

So for me it's a solid no, for now and the foreseeable future. :(

warhammerscotlandplayer
18-03-2014, 15:25
Got our first bairn in 5 weeks, so no chance.

Bugg13
18-03-2014, 15:28
Having just spent a lot of money on new models for my beloved stunties, I can't see myself starting any new army soon. The painting and modelling alone should see me busy for several months yet, which is something I'm determined to actually finish before starting a new project this time (although I've promised myself similar things before). However, WE are an army I've always liked the look of but never got around to starting, so it could very much depend on what the next few months bring...

Mozzamanx
18-03-2014, 15:33
I would like to, but all of the armies I am interested in are blighted by out-of-date Core models and I do not have the time or enthusiasm to convert an entire army's foundations. If there were updated Goblins and/or Tomb King Skeletons, I'd have started years ago.

Laniston
18-03-2014, 15:54
Very Unlikely. I already have a ton of models for High Elves, Brettonians, and Necrons to paint with a few Tomb Kings models here and there. If I start a new anything it will be a different miniatures game entirely.

Tetengo
18-03-2014, 15:56
I voted very likely, as I've always wanted a Wood Elf army but I can't stand metal models. Looking forward to their new book :)

Athelassan
18-03-2014, 16:00
The prices are a factor, but there's also the fact that I already have too many unpainted models already, and that few of the current ranges really do anything for me. Those I like most are rumoured to be replaced soon. Persistent rumours of an impending 9th edition might well put off a lot of people in any case.

dutchwarlord
18-03-2014, 16:06
Unlikely, I will hopefully soon be adding new things to my Wood Elves, and I still have a lot of goblins to paint :D

williamsond
18-03-2014, 16:35
not likely, I've started an x wing force instead of new GW army, I'm not sure howmuch cheeper it will end up being but it feels like better value at least.

Caiphas Cain
18-03-2014, 17:00
Very unlikely, meaning certainly not. I already have enough projects going on at once, no need to add to the workload. Once I'm done with my Uruk-hai/Mordor, BGK Germans, Empire/WotR and some Cold War Gone Hot stuff, we'll see if I have any energy left over. I would consider a VC army using some GW minis if I find myself bored after all of the stuff I already mentioned. :p

Kingly
18-03-2014, 19:12
Beastmen have me in their hairy grip! Damn Bestmen...

Haha, ahhh this thread should be renamed;
"Hey here's a great excuse to write some manic depressive tripe about your gripes concerning Warhammer/GW"

Yipee more of the same...

Reiko321
18-03-2014, 19:24
I just picked up 7000 points of Wood Elves in anticipation of a new book/new rules etc. --- I don't mind the old sculpts and if I don't end up liking a new book I am sure that I can recoup my costs on the secondary market right after the book comes out.

Darnok
18-03-2014, 20:53
Very unlikely.

For one, GW has stopped to provide value for me with their current releases. But more importantly, I already own collections for all armies I'm interested in. So while I might fancy getting some Ogres to the table, I could do that without spending a single cent.

And I really need to keep my funds together for the upcoming 40K Orks. :):yes:

Spider-pope
18-03-2014, 21:37
Probably. There's always something shiny released, or something that inspires me to take the plunge.

leopard
18-03-2014, 22:34
In theory its unlikely, I have half a Skaven army still to assemble and paint, and more or less a full High Elf army to do something with to remove that 'grey' look, and indeed that 'still in the box' look. Plus more orcs than I'm ever likely to finish, some vampires who need feeding...

Doesn't stop me wanting to start a Tomb Kings army though, it may happen it may not.

Its not a case of "price is not an issue", the price is a concern but the main issue is the time doing another army would take:
- Have a Flames of War army to finish for an event in May
- Have a Pike & Shotte army to finish (all bought, just needs assembly and paint, and perhaps an Empire armybook)
- Have a second Flames of War army half done thats glaring at me to finish it
- Working on at least three other games
- Need to do something with the Imperial Knight my better half bought me.

And despite that I still want to start another one.

I have:
- Bretonnia - usable to 3k, probably 3k5
- Orcs & goblins - usable to 3k, many many more models
- Skaven - usable to 2k4 (I hope, they have a game to that value soon..)
- Vampires - usable to 1k2 (see above comment)

Also have
- High Elves
- My wifes Daemons of Chaos to assemble and prime
- my wifes space marines, and chaos space marines to assemble and paint
- a few 40k IG to finish...
- my own marines to finish (hell will freeze over before they are finished, always the bottom of the pile)

Not many WHFB forces I don't like the look of....

Is there some forum where you can stand up and say "hello I'm a leopard and I'm addicted to grey plastic"?

Imperator64
18-03-2014, 22:35
Absolutely. As soon as I've finished high elves i'll get started on woodies. I've already snapped up two battalions and a couple of characters.

Tymell
19-03-2014, 00:22
If prices were reasonable, I'd be collecting a dozen armies and probably starting a new one fairly regularly, since there are many I love the background and models for.

As it is, not a chance.

tezdal
19-03-2014, 01:41
I will as soon as they lower prices exponentially... Till then it's affordable historicals fir me.

teclis_16
19-03-2014, 02:01
I already own dwarfs, goblins, an wood elves.
If it was financially possible i would love to have another army or two.

MOMUS
19-03-2014, 04:34
I will as soon as they lower prices exponentially... Till then it's affordable historicals fir me.

Just out of interest what army would you collect?

Gorsameth
19-03-2014, 13:40
Depending on how the next few months for Fantasy work out im actually thinking about switching from 40k to Fantasy to satisfy my competitive itch. Just waiting to see if GW brings there new philosophy to here aswell ><

Acephale
19-03-2014, 13:43
Very likely, since I've only recently returned to the hobby and only have two armies (a 3000-ish Skaven army which is basically finished and a smaller High Elf army that has failed to grab my interest somehow). I also have no one to play with atm so I spend most of my hobby time painting and modeling.

Alas, my old Arch-Enemies (Time, Money and Storage Space) keep meddling in my affairs, but since I'm looking at a fair amount of cash heading my way pretty soon, I'll probably buy me some nice Empire troops and build some kind of themed army.

tezdal
19-03-2014, 16:49
Just out of interest what army would you collect?

We'll I have a huge army of Brets already, and would love to finish off the Empire army ive been collecting bits and pieces of since 5th ed... Plus there is always more orks!(I don't play em in fantasy but live painting and modeling them), but I'm entirely to cheap for any of that

MOMUS
20-03-2014, 15:12
We'll I have a huge army of Brets already, and would love to finish off the Empire army ive been collecting bits and pieces of since 5th ed... Plus there is always more orks!(I don't play em in fantasy but live painting and modeling them), but I'm entirely to cheap for any of that

Has it got lots of the 5th era models in? I love those models.
It would be awesome to see on the table top, you should totally start a plog and scour eBay to finish it.
Not like the mantic Orc style? Bit cheaper?

Hudson Gameover
20-03-2014, 18:17
Very likely if wood elves come out.

Gerod253
20-03-2014, 20:37
Not happening.

Not because of the cost though. I've got thousands of points unbuilt for Empire. Going to be working on that when I get in the mood for the hobby.

Evil Hypnotist
20-03-2014, 20:49
Wood Elves for me when the new book comes out, I already have picked up some boxsets in a sale from my local stockist so I will have a nice selection of old and new to start with in June (when I have finished my current army for my next tourny).

WizzyWarlock
20-03-2014, 21:16
Not a chance. I only play Wood Elves and that's because I don't actually like the other armies, their play style just isn't me. For that reason I'm worried about the new book and what it might become, as it's the last thread tying me to Warhammer.

woggy
20-03-2014, 21:26
I am starting a Wood Elf army right now (acquired models last night). I'll believe a new codex when it comes out, but until then I'm quite content to approach as a painting and modelling project (mostly got the itch after I realized that all but one unit for my 40k army is painted...)

Darnok
21-03-2014, 05:07
I am starting a Wood Elf army right now (acquired models last night). I'll believe a new codex when it comes out, but until then I'm quite content to approach as a painting and modelling project (mostly got the itch after I realized that all but one unit for my 40k army is painted...)

Their new book is out in May, but the current one is still full of inspiring background and shiny models. Getting stuff done now will do you much good come summer. :yes:

Brother Haephestus
21-03-2014, 05:26
Almost 100% chance certainty, but it all depends on GW. I would love to do Bretonnia, but I'm pretty scared they're not going to actually arrive. Seems a bit concerning that so much of their range would disappear so far in advance of the next release. After that, I would consider myself all 'armied' out.

dwarfhold13
21-03-2014, 05:52
Almost 100% chance certainty, but it all depends on GW. I would love to do Bretonnia, but I'm pretty scared they're not going to actually arrive. Seems a bit concerning that so much of their range would disappear so far in advance of the next release. After that, I would consider myself all 'armied' out.

A side note on Bretonnia. I see them being another Lizardmen/Dwarf types of release where they don't change the model range too much, but what you can take and how you can run the list. I think it would be a safe one to start collecting in my opinion.

SteveW
21-03-2014, 12:46
They already stopped selling the Bret horses, characters, specials, and rates
It will be a huge overhaul.

Sent from my RM-893_nam_att_206 using Tapatalk

SteveW
21-03-2014, 12:48
Rare's not rates, stupid phone.

woggy
21-03-2014, 16:52
Their new book is out in May, but the current one is still full of inspiring background and shiny models. Getting stuff done now will do you much good come summer. :yes:

Is there actual confirmation of the new book? All I've seen thus far are Rumours On The Internet.

Spiney Norman
21-03-2014, 16:58

Hmmm, are you just repeating some old rumours or do you actually know something? Your tone suggests the latter, which has me excited...

I've just had a birthday and set aside £150 to drop on new wood elves, the long I have to wait reduces the likelihood that all that money will be spent on new wood elves (esp as I've just started ST Attack Wing).

The Odor
21-03-2014, 17:07
Eh... I said likely but it would be VERY likely if I hadn't just started two new armies (Chaos Dwarves and Dwarves) that I want 2500 each of before September/October. But if my original love child Beastmen or new Brettonians that look good shows up between then and now I probably won't be able to stop myself. And even if they don't those Lizards next door are looking quite pretty.

Kasekhem
21-03-2014, 20:13
I responded 'very likely' as I am waiting to spring on a new army, just haven't decided which one yet. For all their faults, GW continues to make some purty models.

Darnok
21-03-2014, 20:28
Hmmm, are you just repeating some old rumours or do you actually know something? Your tone suggests the latter, which has me excited...

I've just had a birthday and set aside £150 to drop on new wood elves, the long I have to wait reduces the likelihood that all that money will be spent on new wood elves (esp as I've just started ST Attack Wing).

If I were you, I'd wait five weeks from now. I owe you a drink if you are still unhappy then (sick GW prices do not count!).

tezdal
22-03-2014, 15:03
They already d selling the Bret horses, characters, specials, and rates
It will be a huge overhaul.

That's assuming they get an overhaul atoll.

tezdal
22-03-2014, 15:09
Has it got lots of the 5th era models in? I love those models.
It would be awesome to see on the table top, you should totally start a plog and scour eBay to finish it.
Not like the mantic Orc style? Bit cheaper?

Yea I got a ton 5th edition knights especially the starter set ones, plus the old(and better looking) peasants and brigands, but most of its in storage gathering dust currently

MaliceXR3
22-03-2014, 17:43
I've voted likely on the basis I've got the startings of a mono nurgle daemon army, however, like my Necrons it's on the slow burner - My Warmahordes & X-Wing forces take precedence at the moment

@allmyownbattles
22-03-2014, 18:13
A side note on Bretonnia. I see them being another Lizardmen/Dwarf types of release where they don't change the model range too much, but what you can take and how you can run the list. I think it would be a safe one to start collecting in my opinion.

I'd say dwarfs prove that it's not always safe to collect models before a release. The new smaller-headed balls of armour that made up the recent release render all the previous dwarfs much better models.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Felwether
22-03-2014, 18:57
The new smaller-headed balls of armour that made up the recent release render all the previous dwarfs much better models.

To quote The Dude "That's just, like your opinion, man."

I voted likely as I'm presently eyeing up WoC and I've bought the book. However, I've got a load of Elves to paint and they're taking a LOOONG time to paint, so we'll see.

badguyshaveallthefun
22-03-2014, 21:54
Why would I pay GW's outrageous prices?

Expecially since in Fantasy you need to have so many models.

The only way I would start a new army is if I buy it second hand.

Even then I think I would rather just flesh out my existing ones.

SteveW
22-03-2014, 22:01
Most of us pay GWs prices because we like warhammer and want to support our hobby.

Sent from my lumina 925 using ninja's

Lord Cedric
23-03-2014, 06:28
Yea I got a ton 5th edition knights especially the starter set ones, plus the old(and better looking) peasants and brigands, but most of its in storage gathering dust currently

Sounds like my army:

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/23/yseqazy7.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/23/epebapu9.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/23/upupy7y6.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/23/4a2uqu6a.jpg

- Lord Cedric

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Brother Haephestus
23-03-2014, 07:09

There's been too much talk about folding them into Empire for me. I already have tons from the starter boxes from way back when, but I don't know if I am going to bother with them or not.

Bingo the Fun Monkey
25-03-2014, 19:51
The funny thing about Bretonnia is that once they get a power boost, they can easily become the most popular army and drive sales. They should be vastly more popular than Empire given the smaller model count, the ability to individualize, and that it's an army of very recognizable things. Just drop the points, don't worry about redundancy with that other human faction, and release them already!

I'm doing the opposite of acquiring a new army. I'm selling.

tezdal
26-03-2014, 04:46
Most of us pay GWs prices because we like warhammer and want to support our hobby.

Funny I support our "hobby" by buying cheap plastics and playing other wargames.

SteveW
26-03-2014, 05:44
The why come to a forum for a game you don't play?

Lord Dan
26-03-2014, 15:47
Other than my Skaven, the rest of my Warhammer stuff is all historical models. I have Perry WoTR models for my Bretonnians and converted Gripping Beast Vikings for Dwarfs, so for me Warhammer hasn't been analogous with "GW models" for quite a while.

SSquirrel
27-03-2014, 05:44
My ex wife is painting my Skaven army currently and I have snagged a dwarf half of Skull Pass and a mess of warriors from eBay cheap, but my actual next planned army is WoC. Already have Festus and Wulfrik and the magic cards. Buying a DP to use w my Skaven army for the upcoming summer narrative campaign for SoM purposes. Debating if I want to utilize the 20% of my army space for mercenaries for our T&T games or not. No bonus points, just up to 20% of your army

I snag some stuff off eBay, some from cheaper resellers, some from the local GW store. Cost is an expectation so I just go slow w it. No need to rush on the WoC army, but it will be done

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD