PDA

View Full Version : Visions of Heresy vs collected visions

Inquisitor Gideon
18-03-2014, 17:16
Hi all. I've been thinking about picking up the new visions of heresy, but i already have the old collected visions. Can anyone tell me if the new visions is new material? or is it just a functional reprint of the old collected?

shadowhawk2008
18-03-2014, 17:26
It is supposed to be an updated version that takes into account the current novel series and all the other new material that has come out since Horus Rising.

Lord Zarkov
19-03-2014, 23:38
I haven't compared the two side-by side, but from reading through it seems to incorporate quite a bit of the newer background from BL & FW
Things obviously different:
Artwork has been changed so only about half is the awful card game art. The rest is mostly BL book covers with a few classics from John Blanch, Realms of Chaos (by Adrian Smith) and elsewhere (the colour Emperor v Horus is obviously in (as well as the one from the front cover), there's also a nice one of a marine from every legion in crusade armour which I think might be from the FW books.
Kaban project removed
Book re-ordered to fit the way the BL books are grouped
The very last scene of Emperor v Horus has been altered *again*, but in a way that shouldn't be too surprising for those genned up on old background and following Abnett's HH stories

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Anakwanar
20-03-2014, 14:16
To Lord Zarkov and anyone who has checked this updated book

Please could you provide more spoilers about Siege of Terra in particular (what new about it) and how 'The very last scene of Emperor v Horus has been altered'. My friend haven't decided yet - to buy or not to buy

Lord Lorne Walkier
20-03-2014, 20:20
I haven't compared the two side-by side, but from reading through it seems to incorporate quite a bit of the newer background from BL & FW
Things obviously different:
Artwork has been changed so only about half is the awful card game art. The rest is mostly BL book covers with a few classics from John Blanch, Realms of Chaos (by Adrian Smith) and elsewhere (the colour Emperor v Horus is obviously in (as well as the one from the front cover), there's also a nice one of a marine from every legion in crusade armour which I think might be from the FW books.
Kaban project removed
Book re-ordered to fit the way the BL books are grouped
The very last scene of Emperor v Horus has been altered *again*, but in a way that shouldn't be too surprising for those genned up on old background and following Abnett's HH stories

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just really want to know if there was any addition information leaked out about the Knight Errants? Is the scene where Malcador takes 8 of them before the Emperor, redone? Any more clues as to who they are exactly?

shadowhawk2008
20-03-2014, 21:23
With regards that specific material, I highly doubt that is going to be updated like that until the Heresy series itself has addressed the matter.

Lord Zarkov
20-03-2014, 21:41
To Lord Zarkov and anyone who has checked this updated book

Please could you provide more spoilers about Siege of Terra in particular (what new about it) and how 'The very last scene of Emperor v Horus has been altered'. My friend haven't decided yet - to buy or not to buy
The Siege of Terra stuff is just another rehash of the old Bill King stuff from RoC, it is likely to be almost identical to the original Visions omnibus but I haven't compared them directly.
As I said though there is one noticeable change in Emperor v Horus
The person who's disintegration by Horus convinces the Emperor to finally destroy him (a Custodian in the previous edition and a Terminator in the RoC original) in now just an 'Imperial Soldier', presumably as when BL finally get round to doing the novels he's going to be Ollanius Pius

jareddm3
21-03-2014, 14:12
From what I hear on other forums, there's also a section explaining what the Crusader Host on Terra was supposed to be.